New camperstop near Cartagena (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have now looked at this site in more detail 12 euros per night for 7 M campers and 25 for up to 20 M. It does say discounts for long stays but not stated on price list.it appers to be in the middle of nowhere
Whoops! Sorry for the error above which hopefully is understood as hitting the wrong key! That of course should read 15 and not 25.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:reel:
Hi guys......as we no longer associate ourselves with Totana Camperstop due to the unreasonable behaviour of the owners who we assisted for the past 6 years, without any renumeration, I must add, other than to meet some great people like yourselves. Therefore let's meet up wherevever you are, the new Cartagena Camperstop sounds good, let's meet...have a beer, go fishing....catch up and enjoy....that would suit us no end.
Brilliant idea. Always great to see you both.We will shout when we get nearer. PM us with anything you want bringing over. Delighted to bring anything you want.:D
Cheers
Bernie and Rona

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@jumartoo . Thanks for posting about this. I know that the new camper stop is in an out-of-the-way location, but we like that for a few days, so long as we can get out walking or on the bikes. Do you have any idea what the walking and cycling are like there? We have electric bikes but like to pedal :D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@jumartoo . Thanks for posting about this. I know that the new camper stop is in an out-of-the-way location, but we like that for a few days, so long as we can get out walking or on the bikes. Do you have any idea what the walking and cycling are like there? We have electric bikes but like to pedal :D.

Sorry. Not been there yet. It just cropped up on Facebook.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wish these type of places wouldn't do the discounts for long term stays though as what happens is folk then go sit on them for a month or more at a cheap rate and then folk who are actually touring are charged sometimes 3 times as much for a 1 or 2 night stop.

If they just made it a low rate per night it woukd probably be full every night and still make the same money as offering the chrap rate for long termers.

If they all did that then folk would actually move more often.

That's one of my objections as I refuse to pay €20 per night for the same service as someone paying 10 euro a night

My principles won't let me

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm sorry to hear your no longer at the totana camperstop :(
Never did get to meet you guys but if I do get away in January ( depends how mum is ) I'd planned to spend a month or two in Spain again before heading east through south of France to Italy etc so might have been around there again.

So where are you guys these days then?

Yes we no longer rent the house next to the camperstop, we have moved away, after 6 years or more promoting the place and ensuring the visitors got a goood deal, THEY STABBED US IN THE BACK.......they went out of their way to make our stay there difficult....why, beats me, perhaps they want the house back, who knows....who cares, well WE DO....we made great friends of visitors to the place......some we never will see again, thats sad, but some have become great friends forever, these are the guys we will see on our travels, visit them, stay friends.
Perhaps our paths may cross, who knows whats next.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We will pay around €20 for a site in Spain but it has to be on the beach, have spotless facilities, a nice pool and a laundry. Many sites are much less than this, with ACSI.

We use the odd free Aire, such as the one opposite the beach in Grau, Castellon. We also use the paid Aires, €8 for the one at Tavernes, which is lovely and right next to the beach or Playa San Juan, near the tram stop for Alicante, spotless, very secure and €13.20 a night. Both the paid ones have clean toilets and showers, highly recommended.

In the U.K. we use the CLs and pay from £8 to £15. We use those with EHU and many now have toilets and showers.

There are some inaccuracies on this thread.

Mrs QFour

Last edited:

philfish

Free Member
Jun 7, 2017
anglesey
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
since 1992
whats wrong with people QFour not wanting to spend anything was at Almerimar 2 weeks ago 13 Euros for EHU showers etc a couple near us wouldn't pay for EHU they sat there at night big socks candles thick jumpers if thats enjoyment i would rather stay at home. PS warm as toast in my van with the electric heating on all night

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
whats wrong with people QFour not wanting to spend anything was at Almerimar 2 weeks ago 13 Euros for EHU showers etc a couple near us wouldn't pay for EHU they sat there at night big socks candles thick jumpers if thats enjoyment i would rather stay at home. PS warm as toast in my van with the electric heating on all night
Maybe they wanted to save the planet.
I put more clothes on too before I bang the heating on :)

philfish

Free Member
Jun 7, 2017
anglesey
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
since 1992
it's not to save the planet Northernraider it's to save there money so they can count it in there cold vans at night.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
it's not to save the planet Northernraider it's to save there money so they can count it in there cold vans at night.
You may be right philfish. Many people who use motorhomes are on a budget, some smaller than others and the pennies have to be counted. This does not warrant them being criticised for not using lecce.

philfish

Free Member
Jun 7, 2017
anglesey
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
since 1992
the one's that i have come across PhilandMena are just tight and have even admitted it to me there's no pockets in shrouds

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
the one's that i have come across PhilandMena are just tight and have even admitted it to me there's no pockets in shrouds

Aaah but are they really tight just because they choose to spend their money differently from you and stay inside budget. Life’s full of choices!

philfish

Free Member
Jun 7, 2017
anglesey
Funster No
MH
autotrail arapaho
Exp
since 1992
they don't spend it on anything if they can help it, in big letters TIGHT end of conversation.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
they don't spend it on anything if they can help it, in big letters TIGHT end of conversation.
A very one sided view in my opinion. Are you really saying all the motorhomers you have come across who are conservative with their spending are 'tight' and none of them on a small budget. I do find that hard to swallow.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You may be right philfish. Many people who use motorhomes are on a budget, some smaller than others and the pennies have to be counted. This does not warrant them being criticised for not using lecce.
Ha ha ha this sounds like my sister atbthe minute. She called me tight the other day because I refused a night out in the pub.

I'm parked in mum's drive just now and staying between the house and the van while I'm here.

I've had heating on 1 hour in morning and 1 hour at night to stop her house getting damp.

I'm not working at the minute and not wanting to eat in to my savings I'm living as thriftly as possible because I want to keep what savings I have.

But I'm also not claiming benefits or anything and costing no one else any money

Does that make me tight or just sensible?

Opinions vary :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
One could share that narrow mind and say you were tight buying an autotrail and not a quality motor home

But that would be quite ridiculous wouldn't it :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ha ha ha this sounds like my sister atbthe minute. She called me tight the other day because I refused a night out in the pub.

I'm parked in mum's drive just now and staying between the house and the van while I'm here.

I've had heating on 1 hour in morning and 1 hour at night to stop her house getting damp.

I'm not working at the minute and not wanting to eat in to my savings I'm living as thriftly as possible because I want to keep what savings I have.

But I'm also not claiming benefits or anything and costing no one else any money

Does that make me tight or just sensible?

Opinions vary :)
Well your certainly not sensible, you tight git !:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are times when I wonder if this is the friendly forum. Someone posts some info that might be of interest to some, and out come the trolls, complaining that a few €€€'s are going to break the bank. Get a life. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut than to reveal yourself as an unpleasant troll.

Out come the Trolls! Rather, out come people who have a different opinion. People who express themselves without being rude to others. Unlike your post which is the most "troll-like" in the whole thread. Please Read Rule 1 before posting again, thanks.

Rule 1 Be Nice.

This is a civilised place for public discussion. Help us make this a great place for conversation by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure if your post will add to the conversation, think hard before posting. Be agreeable, even when you disagree. We do not allow personal attacks of any kind. Offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are not allowed. As is telling others to "Get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" "Crap" or "Bullshit" As soon as a discussion gets even a tiny bit personal it can go downhill fast. So don't get personal "You Would Say That" or "Only an idiot would do that" makes it personal. Don't do it, it ruins the fun atmosphere for everyone.

If someone rubs you up the wrong way then your reply should address the post, rather than the poster or their tone. DO NOT question the intelligence or parenthood of the poster; or make personal comments of ANY kind.Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I look at it from this angle. An aire is a place to stop overnight and dump your waste and fill with water. Some of these so called Aires are to me campsites. They have EHU, toilets, washing machines, bars, water taps restaurants, grey dumping facility’s, black waste dumping. and receptions so for that money they are campsites and not really expensive. Peaple think they are expensive because they are called Aires which peaple associate being free. Just my take on it. (y)

Deleted User
It seems to me that the term 'aire' is used by some to describe these new facilities that are not described as such by the owners.

They are neither aires or camp sites but 'camperstops' specifically opened to cater for camping cars, autocaravanas or whatever the locals call motorhomes.

They are usually commercial enterprises and set up to make a profit, for a one night stop they are substantially cheaper than most camp sites, especially in the popular areas of Spain.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have now looked at this site in more detail 12 euros per night for 7 M campers and 25 for up to 20 M. It does say discounts for long stays but not stated on price list.it appers to be in the middle of nowhere
Should have gone to specsavers Phil:D2
They have two sizes of pitch, one 7m x 14m and the other 7m x 20m. That is the size of the pitch, not the camper. They are very generous sizes for Spain. The smaller one is 12 Euros and the bigger ones are 15 Euros. These prices reduce to 8 Euros and 10 Euros for 15 nights or over - see @jumartoo 2nd post.

You are right that it is in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Should have gone to specsavers Phil:D2
Tell me about it Peter, simple mistakes are becoming the norm for me, especially when typing on a keyboard. You would think this should concern me and does it! Does it **** ! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
6 pages Judith ! @jumartoo. You should be quite pleased with that (y):D Even Wendy @CWH has been over helping out.:laughing:
All you need is Anthea :Eeek: #weposttheworld :notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2: @Anthea M to turn up & we'll be still on the front page this time next year:rofl::rofl:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Don't worry mate, you are still able to do the important things in life, like finding the local 1euro a beer bar or the free Aire.
Just got back from Alvor last week, you get a beer AND a Tapas for 1 Euro (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back