New britstops?Worth joining? (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Have been a member in the past but not for a couple of years.Im sure originally I paid £25 but see now it’s almost double at £44.What do people who are members think please?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In my opinion , no.. it's an out of date model..

you can find all the pub stops in Searchforsites .. app

besides, as Lenny said.. most pubs that have suitable parking space are happy to allow overnight, provided you spend a few pounds at the bar .. I wouldn't expect to stay for free

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Wouldn't bother either as they don't reply to queries now, sent them one approx 4 weeks ago and not had a reply so for me i won't be renewing, places like searchforsites seem to have up to date places where you can stay. We always go in for a meal when using them just to support them.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Had it since I had the van not this year no book to browse 😥

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Usual suspects with their negative opinions of Britstops...
???? Bit much isn't it? I know some of those "suspects" and assume you include me too. Most of those previously would have told people to go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I've been with Britstops since it started and have renewed each year just not this year since the take over, dont recall ever being negative against them.

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We haven’t rejoined. I had hoped they would fulfill their promise of more non pub stops but they have done that by adding stops that are available elsewhere eg Louth cattle market which is on s4 sites.

Upvote 0

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
They were interviewed on the motorhome matt podcast and amazingly no mention of the increase in cost and all the move to an app is because that's what customers want

• Funny
Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
They were interviewed on the motorhome matt podcast and amazingly no mention of the increase in cost and all the move to an app is because that's what customers want
I could understand moving away from the book although i still prefer the book but to hike the price i think that's why most won't be renewing and then not to respond to questions/emails is never a good business tactic. Maybe they are really busy with the re org.

Upvote 1
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I've been with Britstops since it started and have renewed each year just not this year since the take over, dont recall ever being negative against them.
Same here. There's only one stop I like which is exclusive to Britstoppers (they ask to see your membership info and log your details), which I'm sad not to be able to stay at now, but I decided this year not to renew after 9 or 10 years membership.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
We renewed this year but disappointed that there are few non Pub hosts, we tend to look for farm shops etc. some farm shops that we have visited who we have asked if they would consider being hosts have not been taken up by Britstops but no feedback as to why not. I suspect Britstops are looking for a payment 👿

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We don't tour much in the UK but we did join in 2020 and really struggled finding nice places to stay :( I think in the end we only stayed at one place (a farm shop) and even there we were up on a verge alongside their access road as there wasn't a dedicated MH area, just their car park. Which we were told was too busy for us to park in until after they'd closed. We did try another place (a pub) but again the car park was far too small for a 7.5m MH, only really suitable for small vans, so we ended up at the campsite next door. Maybe we were just unlucky (and to be fair we didn't give it another chance....we headed back over the channel as soon as we were allowed to), but I think we've been spoiled by France Passion where the parking areas are almost always dedicated to MHs and have plenty of space.

I do wonder which businesses Britstops market themselves at and whether they do any checks whatsoever: there's a couple of pubs near us that both signed up for Britstops recently, neither of which I would have said had suitable parking for MHs, and one of them the car park is extremely tight even for cars, and is almost always full anyway.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
For those with access to Facebook, there is a group page of recommended pub stops, with reviews. SWMS keeps telling me how good everywhere is but we just can't get away at the moment to sample them!!

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Bought it once, never used it. It's a lot of money and only does UK/Ireland. I can get a subscription to Search for Sites, Park4night and Campercontact for less than the price of Britstops, even with the price reduction to £35.20.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Bought it once, never used it. It's a lot of money and only does UK/Ireland. I can get a subscription to Search for Sites, Park4night and Campercontact for less than the price of Britstops, even with the price reduction to £35.20.
Dont forget Fun in your costinhs, best money you spend on the web

Upvote 0

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
No it's not

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What do you get extra with search for sites for subscription over the free version?

The app's are free to download and evaulate for three days then if you like the app it is just £7.49 for one year- the subscription does not auto renew.

The website is free however will not work without connection to the internet and does not contain some of the features exclusive to the app.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
What do you get extra with search for sites for subscription over the free version?
The web version is free, but of course you need an Internet connection. The smart phone/tablet version is (paying) app based but you can use it offline. It's the conveinience really, I suppose. Also you can use it as a satnav. or link directly to Google Maps, AppleMaps etc. Save places etc. A few other things as well I think, but at about £7 a year it's pretty good value. Oh, and no adverts with a subscription.

Upvote 0

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We have been a britstop buyer over the years and used it a lot. However we did not renew this year as we are finding search for sites more than useful for our needs.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
This is our second year with Brit Stop but likely won't be renewing again. Never used it in the first year and now suspect we won't use it this year. I think we still only paid £28 to renew but even if the price hadn't gone up, still likely to cancel next year.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Just a reminder on here....your Brit Stop account is automatically set up to renew every year and you can't stop that via the app; you have to login to the website to do it. I must have missed the 'auto renewal' when first signing up as I generally dislike evergreen contracts. They rely on the 'too busy' to change things attitude. Anyway, will disable my auto renewal later and leave when my current subscription ends.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back