New batteries for A/S VW Trident T4 (1 Viewer)

lp24

Free Member
Mar 18, 2010
Pickering
Funster No
Exp
2 years this time
I need new batteries (vehicle & leisure) for my A/S VW Trident T4 (2003 model). The vehicle battery is straightforward enough but the leisure battery currently fitted is a normal vehicle battery. I assume this is because it fits in the space under the seat. The nearest similar leisure battery is 10mm taller (190mm instead of 180mm) which would give less clearance to the seat above.

Should I stick with the same type of battery or squeeze in a leisure battery instead? How much clearance is needed above the battery? Why are batteries so confusing?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You need a standard liesure battery. One of the larger ones! I can give you the exact code tomorrow.

Maybe Peter may know off the top of his head if he is on tonight.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds like the previous owner or dealer stuck a car battery in.

If it clears the seat, should not be a problem, check the distance between the top of the terminals and bottom of seat.

The leisure types we have are here http://www.johnscross.co.uk/categories/Electrical-240v-12v/Leisure-Batteries/

They might help you decide but all not all of them have measurements, we cannot ship them so look locally.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Handy hint, cover the top of the battery with a rubber car mat, that way if the seat deforms when sat on it won't short out the terminals.:thumb:

OP
OP
L

lp24

Free Member
Mar 18, 2010
Pickering
Funster No
Exp
2 years this time
Thanks for the advice. The rubber car mat sounds like a good idea. My concern is shorting it out when I sit in the drivers seat. I never like being in the the 'hot seat' :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back