Need Help to find a space in Bishop Aukland area (1 Viewer)

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Hi,

Looking to re-locate to Bishop Auckland in Co-Durham and will stay in the MOHO while my wife stays at home and sells the house and joins hopefully in a couple to three months. Need to find a location where i can park up and get mains and an outside tap if available if possible and cycle into work on the crook side of BA . One very close CCC site is asking £420.00 a month with no Elec and no showers. Van has shower and Toilet so no issue.
Any farmers with a space would be great happy to pay but just not crazy money per month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
How much do you think you should be paying?

I've looked on CCC website and presume you are talking about Conifer Rise at £15pn. Getting something cheaper will be difficult, I suspect.

On CMC there is Middridge Meadows Livery near Newton Aycliffe, at £12pn but EHU may be extra.

When I visit family in Teesside I stay at Smiths House Farm, just off the A66 at Stockton. They charge £8pn with EHU on a meter. Bit too far to cycle to Crook!

Good luck - Gordon

OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Gordon, yeh seen these , just trying to make ends meet at present . appreciate but Stockton just too far out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Have you looked at CLs, just had a quick look and there's a few around the area you are looking at.
Here's one, Grove farm £8 night and approx 6 miles from Bishop and Crook.
Just Google, Grove Farm CL Co Durham, for full details

Charlie

Last edited:
OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Charlie , All the CL's are just a little to far out £8.00 is great price and £10.00 is more my budget . Thanks for looking though .

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Surprised that Conifer Rise hasn't given you a special rate given the time of year and length of your stay.

Charlie

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hope your bike is fitted with a snowplough. You know the Crook winter period is from September to June don't you ?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Robsons at wolsingham have a small site next to there showroom. It's very nice and new. Close to the village shops etc and on a bus route. I live in Crook but nothing round here that's open or within your budget.

OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Hi,

Thanks all , yes though i would get better rate at conifer rise as its just the field but with no income at this time of year i can see why , nice people and lovely couple though. Understand the bike snow plough concept but cannot be worst than Scotland but you never know.
Thanks for suggesting Wolsingham, looks perfect if doing the bus route and they would do a deal on the money but to far out for cycling at this time of year.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When I got my job in Norfolk I spent Sept living in a small touring caravan: it was bl@@dy cold at night, despite the heater. I used the local swimming pool for showers. A work colleague offered a small terrace house for a peppercorn rent: much better contacts once you get your feet on the ground.

When I got my job in Marbella I considered taking the MH. Sites wanted €450 per month. I got an apartment for €500 per month, which meant I had a car to run around in: better and cheaper than trying to operate from the van.

I suggest you look at alternatives.

Good luck - Gordon

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have stayed long term at old carterthorne farm CL, I notice that it is no longer operating but if you call in they may let you stay cheap, very secure, it's at Toft Hill just down from the A68 diner, not far from Crook.

Also stayed plenty at middridge meadows, short walk to the pub with the best meals for miles around, Bay Horse.

OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Hi,

All sorted, thanks all for your help. Meadow Farm Park came up trumps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back