Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi folks.

Got home this weekend and the exhaust has started blowing. The down pipe has split and is badly corroded plus the rest of it looks worse for wear.

The van is a 2004 hymer 544 fiat ducato 2.8

So the questions, anyone any experience of buying a new exhaust for the motorhome?
Can these be bought from a motor factors or is it made to measure?

I called into local shop today, quoted £490 for made to measure full system in stainless steel. Seemed expensive but I don't know. Going to ring around tomorrow but thought I'd ask the funsters thoughts first.

Thanks

Oozzie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Usually the exhaust is modified by the converter to suit which side it exits (LHD/RHD) and things like the step etc.
I would expect the front pipe to be standard factory fit though.
That doesn't sound overly expensive for a bespoke full stainless system.....just a bit hard to swallow in one payment.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Go for it Oozie, I had a generic one fitted, not short of £450,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Usually the exhaust is modified by the converter to suit which side it exits (LHD/RHD) and things like the step etc.
I would expect the front pipe to be standard factory fit though.
That doesn't sound overly expensive for a bespoke full stainless system.....just a bit hard to swallow in one payment.
Looks dear compared with one from a Motor Factor but probably less than it would cost for OEM + modification.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Standard one would probably need modifying. Price seems OK. We were quoted that amount several years ago but changed the van instead!

Denise

PS the change of van was because Joe had a bad back and couldn't climb in and out the drop down bed easily so wanted a French bed. Wasn't 'cos it needed a new exhause!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back