Neck straps for van keys (are they any good?) (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
2006 Hymer A Class
When holidaying in sunnier climates and dressed accordingly in lighter holiday gear carrying the van's alarm fob, ignition key and door key is more of an issue and I'm always concerned I'll get back to the van and will have lost them. I've often seen people with keys around their neck on a strap, I've searched a bit on line. However, most of them seem to have these snap on/off plastic clips within the strap, which in itself seems a weak point of the design and dont think I could trust this type, so my question is:
Are there any funsters who use these straps and can recommend one that's a trusted quality

OP
OP
K
Oct 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
2006 Hymer A Class
I use a lightweight ‘man bag’, keys, phone etc goes in it rather than in my pocket. (y)
Yes thought of these, never had one and would be ok with it, but was trying to keep things light and easy, hence thought the neck strap would do the job

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Oct 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
2006 Hymer A Class
And if you want to keep it don't place it on the cafe table top when you're having a coffee.
Yes, this is my worry carrying something I'm not used to every day, I'm ok with card plus few notes in pocket, it's the keys I'm just looking to lose out of my pockets, (well not literally, obviously)

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
My keys, when I carry them, are on a clip on the belt loop of my jeans/shorts.
Hubby uses a short lanyard attached to his belt loop and the keys are in his pocket, so even if they jump out they are still attached!
I could imagine having them on a neck strap could be really annoying!

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
bum bags are easy targets for thrives in crowded area with razor blades and you dont even know they have been emptied.

Mine go in my pocket and the spares go in the handbag. we arent both gonna lose them.
I do have a spare hab door key hidden on the actual van, but only because the "place" was their when I bought it

Reactions: JnJ
Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
bum bags are easy targets for thrives in crowded area with razor blades and you dont even know they have been emptied.

Mine go in my pocket and the spares go in the handbag. we arent both gonna lose them.
I do have a spare hab door key hidden on the actual van, but only because the "place" was their when I bought it
I keep mine round the front but more often wear cargo shorts with button or zip leg pockets.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our daughter handmakes all kinds of leather goods for example, collars, leads, belts, all sized to your needs. Bags, including man bags and .... Lanyards 🙂 Janie

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
My hubby has just bought his first ever manbag,when we were in madeira ,whether he will use it in dear old blighty we will have to wait and see 😊

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Sorryi dont know why thats happened i appear to have double posted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
When holidaying in sunnier climates and dressed accordingly in lighter holiday gear carrying the van's alarm fob, ignition key and door key is more of an issue and I'm always concerned I'll get back to the van and will have lost them. I've often seen people with keys around their neck on a strap, I've searched a bit on line. However, most of them seem to have these snap on/off plastic clips within the strap, which in itself seems a weak point of the design and dont think I could trust this type, so my question is:
Are there any funsters who use these straps and can recommend one that's a trusted quality

I've use them. The clips are metal and have worked well. I've used ones from conferences etc and not purchased any so can't recommend any brands.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back