Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We are thinking on traveling over to visit the caravan and motorhome show in the NEC in February, my question is, is there somewhere to park the motorhome at the show?, during the day, also any suggestions where to stay at night.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If your with the CMHC do they not do a stay over temp site at the show?
If not I understand there are pubs close by that might accommodate you.
Obviously you can use the car park during the day

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Plenty of free day time parking at NEC..BUSBY..

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Nope not with the CMHC, I see parking is included in the ticket price, but does this include motorhomes, and do they have space for them? As our is like 30ft , I also forgot to ask does MHF do any rallies at the show if so what's it called

Last edited:

Buster30

Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes ML580
Exp
Since 2018
Plenty of space at NEC, full of motorhomes at last show

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Fine to park motorhomes there during the day as plenty of space but not overnight stays are not allowed. For the February Show understand that there will not be a C&MC camping area in 2019. There are local campsites but best to book early. Option of cheap hotel breaks here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/caravan-camping-motorhome-show-nec-19-24-february-hotel-parking-shuttle-bus-from-£34-a-night.189105/
Thanks, what does c&mc stand for? Is it caravan & motor caravan?

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Also which day is the best day to visit it on or is it the same every day??, also is one day enough to see it all well ( from a motorhome perspective ) not to bothered about the caravans

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
When you park at the NEC , I would park towards the back of the car park (which ever car park you use) .
In October we didn't and found cars tucking right long side so it was difficult to use the doors.
We stayed about 30 mins drive away, I can't remember the site name but it was friendly but basic.
The site wasn't too far from arboretum .

If I locate the name of the site I will let you know.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks, what does c&mc stand for? Is it caravan & motor caravan?
Caravan & Motorhome Club (C&MC) https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/

Also which day is the best day to visit it on or is it the same every day??, also is one day enough to see it all well ( from a motorhome perspective ) not to bothered about the caravans
Quieter during weekdays - weekends can be bedlam with lots of families! We have spent two days each time at both the February & October Shows but we have an interest in the design of motorhomes & related products & accessories. We do like to spend quite a long time chatting :giggle: & sometimes negotiating discount codes for Fun members too!
The February Show is better for accessory stands & the October Show has new models being launched plus more chance to talk to the manufacturers not just the dealers. Each are good in their own way & some will get around it in a few hours & others spend a few days & use it as a mini break meeting up with friends too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Confirming that there is no temp site at this February show. Had a mail from the club today.
Shame we were hoping to stop there and go down to Caerdydd for the rugby on the Thursday morning.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I’m pleased there is no ‘temp site’ saves us all getting into an argument about how some of us decide to pay an extortionate amount of money to stay on it during the October show :xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back