Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
BBC News Travel Show covered the NC 500 this morning and is, I believe, available on the Iplayer. Possibly useful for anyone considering the route - some nice scenery

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We saw it too. It was quite a good article but the pub landlady at the end said she would prefer things how they were pre-NC500.

I can see it getting even more popular and with the Scottish Government not investing much in the route then this will soon lead to a few problems occuring with road maintenance, congestion and bad press from disgruntled tourists.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I saw it too. That, and the Celebrity 5 go Motorhoming series made me want to tour Scotland next year.

By the look of it some of the roads need a big investment. I would be astonished if there is no weight limit on them (but I could be wrong).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We saw it too. It was quite a good article but the pub landlady at the end said she would prefer things how they were pre-NC500.
snip

That was the landlady in Applecross. I guess it depends on how busy/viable your business was before the route was promoted

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We go to Applecross on motorbikes and it's always busy. Motorhome are just another part of the business now.
We live on NC500 and it seems that every other vehicle on th road is a motorhome now. We do free camp all over Highlands but it's getting difficult noww to find decent pitch for a night. But it'll quiet down after half term.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back