LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry forgot to add our names.rose and mike.we hope to meet some more funsters in spain next year.:Cool:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
We are Dave and Janet born 1958 and 1960, both mostly retired now,::bigsmile: just bought our first motorhome,::bigsmile: completed our second trip to the lake district, first night out wildcamping aborted due to doggers! :Blush:We can now get back on the drive in the dark:thumb: Getting our electric bikes today so fingers crossed were off!

Shared loves and hobbies, 4 kids between us, 4 grandkids, another one due soon, wildlife and wild places, cats (only one old fella left now) chicken keeping, (too many cockerills would you like one!) growing our own in raised beds, the garden, a good curry, cooking. Peace and Quiet and Tapas (love that!) oh and Red wine, really love that:winky: And Dave loves speedway.

Hates... Work!

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We are Mags and Shirley. Retired early-ish and enjoying life enormously. Amazed that a massive cut in income didn't equal any reduction in the things we love to do: travelling, badminton, golf, fishing, reading, playing games and just bought a small motor boat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

MƔgica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am JJ.

Also known as The Prince of Darkness or Gypsy or English or Oi, you.

I have several lives. At the moment I am living the one where I am snoozing on a warm, sunny afternoon instead of slaving away at my laptop helping out a friend.

I am hugely rich in the things that matter having been dealt a superb hand of cards by the Big Dealer in the sky.

I am tall, slim and athletic and incredibly fit. My "six pack" has been photographed and registered as a trade mark by both John Smiths and Fray Bentos Pies.

I keep my flowing locks short so they don't fall in my eyes when I am knitting warm socks for the local charity shop.

My beautiful partner is a clever woman. She lives over 1000 kilometres away from me.

Motorhoming is not a hobby or a holiday pastime to me. It is a way of life, and I have lived that life for over 25 years.

I am a deeply religious man and follow the work of my church and it's disciples all the time but more intently at the weekends.

I have a strong sense of guilt and right now feel I better get back to the work for my mate...

JJ :Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
After reading through that lot JJ I have deducted that you are also very confused :ROFLMAO:

Froggy

Free Member
Aug 5, 2013
Vereeniging, South Africa
Funster No
MH
Sprinter Campervan
Exp
3 (caravaning 30 years)
Nickname Harry (real name Harlandt) (1961) rugby/cricket/camping
Nickname Vonni (real name Yvonne) (1958) arts & craft

Both animal lovers (2 dogs)
Molly > jack russel
Spinnekop (spider) > Afrikan dog, africa breed

Sprinter bus name > Froggy

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Sharon ('66) dad reckoned he named me after the Ferryman of the Dead! What's all that about? :Doh::roflmto: love The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Downton Abbey, most things Austen or Bronte, what on earth am I doing living in these times? :RollEyes:

Jim ('58) doesnt like James or Jimmy :Sad: loves country music and his new job, diriving Doctors round on emergency runs :Cool:

New to RVing, Jim living in it full time, me kinda jealous as I'm still in bricks n mortar...I'll never win a hoovering match on a stopwatch :cry:

Pets - me two small cats - Jim two VERY big dogs - one of which thinks cats and birds are food - hence the separate RV & house! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Reading all these I do wonder about Miss M and I! We are more or less half the age of the people who have posted their ages on this thread but enjoy the same things, don't have kids and do have animals (guinea pigs).

Not telling you our names but we are a confused mix of English (me), Italian (her), German (lived there together 5 years, ish) and now Dutch (lived here more or less 6 months so far).

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Reading through people's interests and hobbies , I realise how few things there are that I actually like doing:Doh:

Just waiting to cut the lawn.

I hate doing that:Angry:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Rob & Jane

Me- Born in 69 in a library on the Isle of Wight. I'm the quiet type:ROFLMAO:
I can't stand mess so if it's not in its place it goes in the bin:thumb:

Jane- Born in 70 worked with deaf blind children for the past 20 years:thumb: this lady has a heart of gold and the patience of a saint:hug:

Both love motorhoming::bigsmile:riving2: but we will one day leave London for New Zealand.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I've just caught up with Madwife's post on this thread. How does that work? I wasn't even close and still managed to get a bol***ing, sorry, a mild rebuke for forgetting something essential!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Names

I am barry, a brummie by birth, with the love of my life Evelyn, met aged 12, loved till 16, sadly parted, both married, and kids and all that, met 54 years later, early last year, now the couple we always should have been. We love motor homing, wild camping, all new to eve, she makes jewellery, for a job and pleasure, I restore old ferrgy tractors, tell bad jokes, and sing, bad as well, biggest love,,,, second to eve,,,,, being a funsters, cheers:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Brian-57-----------american vechicles,harley davidson,and playing guitar (badly):roflmto:lost my mojo for motorhoming at the moment but will see what next year brings hopefully we will be back on the road:thumb::Smile:
brian jo and josh

Lets hope that mojo comes back soon :Smile:

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Iam 50s child, Stephen, but only my mother ever called me that when I was in trouble. Now today after having been ill with Mr C:Sad: but for the time being alive to see another day::bigsmile: I was pleased to be made redundant and draw a pension three months ago since then the mh wheels rarely stop turning:thumb: I like a drink, I like to eat, I have never smoked cigarette's:Smile: I like talking and listening to others. I would like my wife to be with me on some of my trips but that a'nt going to happen, its horses, horses and more horses for her. so I travel alone but meet some great people.:thumb:

Hope you are well and truly on the mend. Glad to see you are enjoying life now, you never know there may come a day when your wife will join you. :Smile:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Allan (Scots family name) and Mrs A, I mean Jayne. Both born in the 50's me in Coventry, Mrs A in Brum. Moved to Kent in '99 after beating cancer
Both retired early but still working(!) and just about to sell the house do we can stop working finally and buy a property in France.
Been motorhoming mainly in France since '89 ish
Daughter, Rosie just graduated from Kent Uni and going back to study Law. I think she will always be there!
Mother in Law appeared on the doorstep 9 years ago after selling up to move in with us ( I am sure I only said come down for a holiday)
Two dogs, Flo, yellow lab and Jeremy, beagle who both love going away in the van

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back