Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Reading through the recent thread on what you are doing this weekend, I notice quite a few Lynn's as members. Just wondering if certain names are more likely to be motorhomers? Could of course be an age thing too, Lynn's and Christine's being popular names for those in their 50's!

So I am a Lynn hobbies crafts and reading, Hubby is Kev loves reading and diving, both love motorhoming.

Over to you, would be interested to see names and hobbies.

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Keith:
Motorsport, traveling, drinking, smoking, cooking and most of all being with my family

Ashley: Caring, moaning, wine and holding the family together :RollEyes:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I`m Mo, and I`m old... :winky:

Maurice to my friends... :Cool:

Love motor bikes and used to do a lot of sea fishing, built my own charter boat, 38 ft Lochin to MSA standards... but now live a few miles in land from the sea, but still love it... :thumb:

And T-total...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
names & hobbies

Lucy (solo) crafts, pets (cats & chameleon) now enjoying the freedom of MH as I learn from my mistakes

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We are Kath (Kathleen) and Howie (Howard). Mine was a forties thing from my parents who claim to have named me after a Hollywood actor; Howard Freeman. Saw him once in a Randolph Scott movie playing the black hat lead. :Smile:
Now able to travel a lot with our 4 dogs.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
ShiftZZ, AKA Dave, also known as Hilda.
Hobbies, Genealogy, Politics, Fishing, Photography, Rugby
Left of centre, Moderate, T Total (same as Old Mo), quiet, unassuming , fashion conscious, supporter of green issues, organic food, RFU.

Mrs ShiftZZ (Kathy), atheist, cage fighting thug, hard drinker, tobacco chewing, right wing fascist, who loves cross stitching and wine gums.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Here we go.........

David and Dawn (another 50's thing, I suppose) David - dinghy racing, more dinghy racing and ball games such as Cricket, rugby and fussball. Still working looking after inspection services to ships and shipowners. Dawn spends a lot of time helping rehome rescued dogs and also fostering them when necessary.

Duxdeluxe came from a not very good rock band in the late 60's (which was quite funny until I met their ex drummer....... ) and chosen because my other user name would not fit - it had an apostrophe in it.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Peter & Lynn
Both named in the 40s, love Vintage cars, darts, golf, and of course our Motorhome. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps not t total hic

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
names

Brian-57-----------american vechicles,harley davidson,and playing guitar (badly):roflmto:lost my mojo for motorhoming at the moment but will see what next year brings hopefully we will be back on the road:thumb::Smile:
brian jo and josh

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
POPEYE: AKA Griff (Paul) and Jackie, Interests Me; Sailing, Shooting, Golf, Motorhoming.

Her. The Grand-sprogs, entertaining, keeping me in check and she enjoys a pinch of snuff.

Most of our time is taken up with property renovation and or building and has been for exactly 40 years now. Though I seem to spend an increasing amount of time visiting Hospitals and attending funerals.

I've been 'Popeye' since 1976 and cb radios, because I have large forearms, smoke a pipe and enjoy sailing.

..........NEXT
:thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello. My name is Janine and I'm an alcoholic....ooops, wrong room :Blush:

Apparently I was named after an actress called Janine Gray in the 1950's and definitely not after a character from East Enders :RollEyes:

A couple of years ago, I took up music again (after a 40-year break!) and spend a lot of weekends playing at festivals and rallies.

I'm also a tatter and a hooker - in fact, I do lots of fabric & yarn crafty stuff to stop me going to sleep in front of the TV.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hello. My name is Janine and I'm an alcoholic....ooops, wrong room :Blush:

Apparently I was named after an actress called Janine Gray in the 1950's and definitely not after a character from East Enders :RollEyes:

A couple of years ago, I took up music again (after a 40-year break!) and spend a lot of weekends playing at festivals and rallies.

I'm also a tatter and a [HI]hooker[/HI] - in fact, I do lots of fabric & yarn crafty stuff to stop me going to sleep in front of the TV.

Really, I didn't realise you played rugby:ROFLMAO:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hows this then, I'm Linda Christine! and kid no.4 of 6 my Mum clearly could not be bothered, I'm 59 & known as Lin::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
My name is William normally known as bill work on the rig’s
Hobby’s well I run a cadet unit I a passionate abut it my wife say’s I am obsesst with it she could be right I also dive fish kayak climbing instructor and more and motorhome
We are rising our grandson jay and he is the most important hobby
My wife Lyn she makes cards and qrochas blanket likes sowing making things and generally giving me a hard time:thumb:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Iam 50s child, Stephen, but only my mother ever called me that when I was in trouble. Now today after having been ill with Mr C:Sad: but for the time being alive to see another day::bigsmile: I was pleased to be made redundant and draw a pension three months ago since then the mh wheels rarely stop turning:thumb: I like a drink, I like to eat, I have never smoked cigarette's:Smile: I like talking and listening to others. I would like my wife to be with me on some of my trips but that a'nt going to happen, its horses, horses and more horses for her. so I travel alone but meet some great people.:thumb:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Gary (apparently I was going to be David, dont know what happened there) hobbies - Golf, travel, learning to play the piano (badly)
Married to Cathy aka Jinyan - also likes travel wants to take up golf when junior is old enough and keeps the family on the straight and narrow

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I'm Helen (60s baby) he's Alan (50s baby).

I enjoy crochet & cross stitch, read loads (good library where I live), cooking, eating & drinking, and of course travelling in our MH. :wine:

Alan loves reading, sleeping, eating & drinking, and of course travelling in our MH. :drink:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I'm John, named after an Uncle that died in Sth Africa, Francis after the old man, Colin cause I was the last baby the midwife delivered, and she said if ever she had a son he would be called Colin:Sad:

Mrs R is Maureen, funny, Brainy, unpredictable, lovely caring, - - - - -

M

Madwife

Deleted User
I am Mrs Wyaye Wires (Kath) and in my professional life was a midwife hence the Madwife title. I retired at the end of June and am loving being able to get away in our MH.

Since retiring I have taken up cross stitch again and managed to finish two projects that I had started years ago!

Howie didn't explain that the name Wyaye Wires comes from our kennel name - Wyaye - and if we are at a meet you can't miss us with our four dogs!

Kath

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I'm Carol a child from the 40's born in September a Christmas leave baby I am told. Other half is Edward Earl, named after his grandfather and father.

Hobbies gardening / cycling / and travel.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We are both of the forties, Dave still trying to work out how to retire and Sylv who enjoys most types of needlework and embroidery. And of course meeting all you lovely people:thumb:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Another Lynne to add to the growing numbers and I am usually known as Darren, 70s and 60s respectively. We are new to mh.ing but will be full timing at the end of the year. We look forward to walking eating and drinking our way around europe at a very leisurely pace in our new to us motorhome

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I am Kerry and the OH is Glynn. Both 60's kids that met at the grand old age of 40 and still madly in love. Discovered motorhoming last November and haven't looked back. We are both keen cyclists and I am a mad keen cook while Glynn is a football coach. We have decided life is too short and will be handing in our notices on 1st January and retiring at the end of Feb at the grand old age of 52 to travel Europe at a leisurely pace with lots of cycling. It can't come soon enough! Everything is coolbeanz!! ::bigsmile: :thumb: :Cool:

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I am Kerry and the OH is Glynn. Both 60's kids that met at the grand old age of 40 and still madly in love. Discovered motorhoming last November and haven't looked back. We are both keen cyclists and I am a mad keen cook while Glynn is a football coach. We have decided life is too short and will be handing in our notices on 1st January and retiring at the end of Feb at the grand old age of 52 to travel Europe at a leisurely pace with lots of cycling. It can't come soon enough! Everything is coolbeanz!! ::bigsmile: :thumb: :Cool:

Fantastic plan. I dream of doing the same and spending a year following the main cycle races across Europe, starting with the Classics in the early spring! Just need to win the lottery or rob a bank first! :ROFLMAO: will look forward to your updates next year, will not be jealous at all :cry:

Last edited:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Spenders is here...

Remember the bad winter of 1963? I don't but I'm guessing that with only one or two TV channels there wasn't much to do on those cold dark nights.... I was born in August '64!

I'm Simon, retired in February and loving it. My better half is Diana, a feisty little Irish lady.... I try my best not to get on her bad side! I like to travel and like history, so tootling round Europe in my MH is my dream.

Simon

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Fantastic plan. I dream of doing the same and spending a year following the main cycle races across Europe, starting with the Classics in the early spring! Just need to win the lottery or rob a bank first! :ROFLMAO: will look forward to your updates next year, will not be jealous at all :cry:

For our first trip in the motorhome (and abroad) in March this year we went to Belgium to watch the Tour of Flanders and then cycled 100km on the the river Meuse Trans Ardennes cycle path. In July we visited 2 stages of the Tour de France (Pyrenees and Tours) and did lots more cycling. It was amazing. If you want to retire earlier than you thought you could you could always check out workaway.info to make your money go further but don't tell too many people!! ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well incase if its not obvious I'm Gerry I'm a late 60's baby and been married to Lorraine for 23 years, we have a 16 year old daughter Sophie who is the apple of her dads eye and can twist him round her little finger :ROFLMAO:

Our plan or dream is to retire at 50 or early 50's and just head off in the motorhome. We started to work towards our plan 4 years ago when we decided to sell our lovely house that we had built 10 years previous and down size to a small 2 bedroom and its the best thing we ever done, we are now in the process of renovating our next one so will sell this one and move making a small profit along the way.

My hobbies are running, golf and just generally outdoor stuff, as for work I work with Dupont Teijin and have done so for nearly 20 years.

Lorraine likes pottering about in the garden and also likes outdoor stuff.

Sophie is a typical teen anything to do with smartphones and multi media, although she does have a wee job and is just about to complete her DOE silver and plans on going to uni to study law. Has my good looks and mothers brains :ROFLMAO:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

called the van the snoozer cruiser.because that's what I do. snooze and cruise. well more snoozing.than anything else.unles there is a rugby union match on then I wake up,then the wife goes to sleep.we like to share the sleeping.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back