N+B New iSMOVE - 3.5t this is the one. (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2020
Frome, Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 69GL (LHD)
Exp
Since 2005
There are quite a few similarities on the iSmove to my 2005 Arto 69GL, which for all of its practicalities would be difficult to beat - but I think this iSmove may beat it. Only owner reviews will prove how practical it is, but if N&B keep the quality and attention to detail the same, then I am sure they are in to a winner. I wonder what sizes they come in?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I expect under the end of each bed like all Twin bed layouts have.
Not all ... our Campscout didn't have the wardrobe there although the later ones do as they moved the boiler from the foot of the nearside bed to under the dinette which we thought was a backwards step.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And thats it in a nutshell; we've seen how the C tourer and the Exsis worked out, it will be a shame if N&B go the same way.
My last van was an Exsis, good van for the price we wouldn't changed except we got a silly deal on the current van.
C Tourter is a good van my best mate recently changed from a C Tourer to a Chic E-Line very similar build quality.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well the thread is about an A Class van.
... and scooters and motorbikes and anything else that takes it off at a tangent! 🤪

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Your Compactline has a 150Lt water tank.
It was tongue in cheek Lenny to be fair, but for sure the C1 license is becoming rarer and rarer and the industries response is to produce (balsa wood vehicles) when IMHO they should be focusing on lobbying for an LVL Leisure Vehicle License.
I think this subject is worthy of further debate so for the moment I'll leave it there,and when I haven't had a drink :wasntme: start a new thread on the subject.:winky:

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Was it you who overtook me on the way to Sawbridgeworth today at over a ton ? Doing a wheelie ?
Phil

Not me, but I did two 5 mile wheelies (10 miles total) along the front in Swansea on my unicycle - max speed about 10 mph!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
€90,000 you will need to add €20,000 of options, not a bad price.
Buy in Germany probably get a 15% discount need to allow for German vat only 16% at the moment. So could probably get on the road for around £87,000 at current exchange rates, if the pound recovers to 1.2 that would drop it to 81k.
If you buy from the uk's only importer you will probably pay well over 100k.

Edit will be about 2k less I worked on current German vat rate of 16% price list is at 19%
Plus import duty by the end of the year.

looks an amazing Motorhome and very Chic

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wake up Karen it's been on their site for at least 3 months. :LOL:
With Travelworld being the only UK dealer far better to buy in Germany.
Naughty Facebook ad. made it sound like their website had just been updated! :blusher: It will be interesting to see how UK pricing compares but agree it is not usually favourable. We like some of the design ideas but not in the market for one of these.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
This new model is now on the N&B website https://www.niesmann-bischoff.com/en/iSmove/ - you can configure it but no UK prices yet.
I went in one earlier this week. What a disappointment! Ive had N&B for the past 15 years, three of them and have always liked the feeling of lasting quality. The word that best describes the l-smove is Flimsy! Everything I touched felt like it was about to break .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I went in one earlier this week. What a disappointment! Ive had N&B for the past 15 years, three of them and have always liked the feeling of lasting quality. The word that best describes the l-smove is Flimsy! Everything I touched felt like it was about to break .
That because we had been it it before you Jon, I wasn't too keen on not having any wall cupboards in the lounge, well just one over the TV and the kitchen cupboards had no shelves in and the insides were black with no light, and the fridge :unsure: all things considered I don't think we will be getting one anytime soon.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
That because we had been it it before you Jon, I wasn't too keen on not having any wall cupboards in the lounge, well just one over the TV and the kitchen cupboards had no shelves in and the insides were black with no light, and the fridge :unsure: all things considered I don't think we will be getting one anytime soon.
We couldn't figure out where clothes or food would fit! Tbf I thought it was nicely styled but yes totally agree about the black Martin.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Wake up Karen it's been on their site for at least 3 months. :LOL:
With Travelworld being the only UK dealer far better to buy in Germany.

I think I agree with that. We are better off in Poland as there is no dealer and N&B say we can buy direct from factory.

Not that I am about to buy this model, because I respect Jon's and Martin's opinions - we and a few others discuss 'A' Class models often so we know what each other values in build.

Geoff

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's what happens when your build aim is 3500kg.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
That's what happens when your build aim is 3500kg.
They cant be made from candy floss, composite materials can feel very lightweight yet immensely strong it will be interesting to hear from those who order one......just wait until graphene becomes commercially viable.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What could I do in the featured motorhome that I can't do in my Burstner Beauty?

20200930_091845.jpg

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back