N+B New iSMOVE - 3.5t this is the one. (7 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
l get what you’re saying but like to think it’s a move forward so many are same old same old when they change they go for it.
Agree, ideas are great, but its how practical they are that matters and some may seem good but in reality would drive you nuts. The slide out cooker top for example, blocks the aisle so if anyone needs to use the loo whilst cooking they're stuffed, and the worktop extension which you'd need to use blocks the doorway too so you can't even run out of there to have a pee up the side of the MH! :ROFLMAO: Also the worktop extension is the sink cover so if you use it as an extension you loose the other bit of worktop.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just noticed a MAJOR design flaw ... it's only got one, yes ONE, shower drain!!! :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
A good trailer would be the answer if you can afford this then you are not going to worry over the extra ferry fares

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Agree, ideas are great, but its how practical they are that matters and some may seem good but in reality would drive you nuts. The slide out cooker top for example, blocks the aisle so if anyone needs to use the loo whilst cooking they're stuffed, and the worktop extension which you'd need to use blocks the doorway too so you can't even run out of there to have a pee up the side of the MH! :ROFLMAO: Also the worktop extension is the sink cover so if you use it as an extension you loose the other bit of worktop.

l accept your take on it but and it’s a big but when something moves away from the norm It naturally becomes different and this is often difficult to accept in the example of this new iSMOVE the inventive features might be difficult to accept “but” they are seriously inventive and offer so many features that haven’t been seen or certainly used before in what could be termed as mass market manufacturing within the MH industry.

In a short while other Manucturers will follow the grand and as younger people are taking to Motorhoming they will look to Modern Design the old VW camper image will not be attractive.

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
This Motorhome is really going to shake up the competition It’s definitely got the WOW factor

All I'm getting below your text is a large blank space. Just in case the video link you put earlier is not there anymore, here it is. Looks like they've spend a big part of the budget on the video, a real blockbuster!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Not a problem. don't wash!:giggle:

I can't see what all the fuss is about 100/200 ltr water tank? 50ltrs is big enough for anyone and you can still have a shower once a week whether you need one or not. ;)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
A few problems with that:

I somehow don't think that my Suzuki GSX-R 1000R (which develops way more bhp than the motorhome - over 200) will go on the back of it and still have a legal rear axle loading (although the moho might pull some descent wheelies 🙂)

My classic race bikes are far to precious to be left dangling on the back of a moho

But the biggest problem for me, is there is absolutely no way I'm ever gonna have a girly pop pop scoo.... scoo...... scoo - I can't say that word - I'd sooner walk🙂

Stop messing about and buy yourself an Arto then......

I was playing about the other day and got my CL450 in with room to spare. Trouble is the boss doesnt like the seat on it so back to the drawing board for a bike to pootle around two up on. My scooter is as good as it gets but its still a scooter.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Gorgeous ! Love the slide out kitchen thingy, but not a fan of fixed beds [why does every van have to have them?] but some great innovative ideas IMO . Off to clean our van for the possible trip next week .... sadly not to a Caribbean beach. Video made it look like travel is possible ....

How different we are. We would not consider a mh without a fixed bed, Ready for bed and have to start re arranging things - not for us.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Stop messing about and buy yourself an Arto then......

I was playing about the other day and got my CL450 in with room to spare. Trouble is the boss doesnt like the seat on it so back to the drawing board for a bike to pootle around two up on. My scooter is as good as it gets but its still a scooter.

No Arto required..... 🙂

IMG_20190916_104305.jpg

Have you got pictures of the CL

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Can I ask where you got your front wheel clamp? and would you recommend it?

I have 3 of them, so yes I definitely recommend them 🙂 (& will be buying a fourth when my Classic race Yamaha restoration is completed)

One is bolted to my bike lift as they are more secure than the Clarke supplied one

One has been slightly modified for use in the van (pictured) there has been a couple of reinforcement webs welded in where it bolts down
I am very careful in these respects, so I bolt the stand to the floor, use handlebar straps and then a further rear strap to ensure the rear of the bike doesn't lift in the event if a shunt (the webs also prevent this)
That said, I know of people who put the stand in the van, roll the motorcycle in it & drive off!!

The other is holding up my Classic Honda race bike - in the dining room 🙂

One minor downside, is that for a modern bike the rear tyre is too wide for them (I use an Abbastand to work on the Gixer)

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can I ask where you got your front wheel clamp? and would you recommend it?
Thats the same as mine Jon if that is the question you were trying to ask last night ;) and yes its good, came as a package with the ramp for me from DT.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
l accept your take on it but and it’s a big but when something moves away from the norm It naturally becomes different and this is often difficult to accept in the example of this new iSMOVE the inventive features might be difficult to accept “but” they are seriously inventive and offer so many features that haven’t been seen or certainly used before in what could be termed as mass market manufacturing within the MH industry.

In a short while other Manucturers will follow the grand and as younger people are taking to Motorhoming they will look to Modern Design the old VW camper image will not be attractive.
I have no issue at all with new ideas which is why I said only some won't be practical in use, the lift up unit for example ... seems clever but when you've got stuff stuck on the worktop and have to move it to get the wine out it then becomes a chore, same with the cooker cover ... every time you want to put the kettle on you'd have to slide it out and at least partially block the aisle.

As someone who 'fettles' our MHs/campers* to get them right for us, sometimes doing things that others haven't thought of, it's great to see new ideas but they have to work in the real world not just in a video. (*I loved the 'laundry shoot' I made in our last camper which worked brilliantly and used an area of storage that was very difficult to access normally).

I can't see what all the fuss is about 100/200 ltr water tank? 50ltrs is big enough for anyone and you can still have a shower once a week whether you need one or not. ;)
50 litres isn't any good if you wild camp ... 100 litres minimum otherwise you end up looking for water all the time (been there, done that, got the wet t-shirt!).

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I have no issue at all with new ideas which is why I said only some won't be practical in use, the lift up unit for example ... seems clever but when you've got stuff stuck on the worktop and have to move it to get the wine out it then becomes a chore, same with the cooker cover ... every time you want to put the kettle on you'd have to slide it out and at least partially block the aisle.

As someone who 'fettles' our MHs/campers* to get them right for us, sometimes doing things that others haven't thought of, it's great to see new ideas but they have to work in the real world not just in a video. (*I loved the 'laundry shoot' I made in our last camper which worked brilliantly and used an area of storage that was very difficult to access normally).

50 litres isn't any good if you wild camp ... 100 litres minimum otherwise you end up looking for water all the time (been there, done that, got the wet t-shirt!).

I must admit that my problem with the original Smove was that it was all a bit Ikea like and wouldnt work if you wanted to do different things at the same time. It might be interesting if one wanted the loo when the other was cooking for example. I'm also pleased to see new solutions but when they call for a level of organisation that we don't possess we aint going to buy one.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
You don’t have to fill it. Only if you know you can’t get FW where your going. The more you use the lighter the van gets. Endorse the new in inivasions they will get modified as time goes on. Just wish that I had the dough to buy one. I would put up with the niggley bits.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back