LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I have noticed a 0.5mm? black wire running from the base of the drivers side seat (near the door) that leads to the leisure battery underneath where it terminates in a Ring connector (not attached to the battery).

I can't guess what would need electricity in the drivers seat, that would get it from anywhere other than the engine battery. I'm trying to think of an optional extra that I don't have, but I still can't see why it would lead to the leisure batteries. Any clever people out there like to enlighten me? (y) :confused:

Oh and it's a 2017 Ducato base.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I have noticed a 0.5mm? black wire running from the base of the drivers side seat (near the door) that leads to the leisure battery underneath where it terminates in a Ring connector (not attached to the battery).

I can't guess what would need electricity in the drivers seat, that would get it from anywhere other than the engine battery. I'm trying to think of an optional extra that I don't have, but I still can't see why it would lead to the leisure batteries. Any clever people out there like to enlighten me? (y) :confused:

Oh and it's a 2017 Ducato base.

Ejector seat;)

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Ejector seat;)
mmm if I were installing an ejector seat I'm not sure I'd power it from the leisure battery ... come to think of it, isn't it usually the passenger that gets ejected!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Screw it on the battery, if something starts ticking.......run......faster:D

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Screw it on the battery, if something starts ticking.......run......faster:D
Not 'brave' enough for that. A bit surprised no one else has had a guess - if it had been a moth or a caterpillar we'd have been inundated :rolleyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Could it be that it attaches to another wire which goes to bike rack to attach that to van alarm?

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Ejector seat, keep roof open.
Sorry - already had that one!

Could it be that it attaches to another wire which goes to bike rack to attach that to van alarm?
Best guess at that point, but why would it come from the drivers seat and I have no bike rack.

HI,could it be seatbelt pretensioners check passenger seat for same .
I'm pretty sure the seatbelts are real, but I'll have a look at the passenger one next time I can get down that side ;)

Is a warning for doing up seat belt when someone sits in seat
Could be, although I'm pretty sure I've set that off already. I'll check next time it's moving.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Is there a same size Red wire attached to the battery? If so, you will have to trace back. Does you "Step Out" warning buzzer work? Are there additional 12V socket or lights around the vehicle that don't work? I don't think the seatbelt warning would be on the leisure battery.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry - already had that one!

Best guess at that point, but why would it come from the drivers seat and I have no bike rack.

I'm pretty sure the seatbelts are real, but I'll have a look at the passenger one next time I can get down that side ;)

Could be, although I'm pretty sure I've set that off already. I'll check next time it's moving.

Mmmm obviously not then ...( mine comes from under front passenger seat) .....

Is there anything else external on your van that it may have at some point been linked to? .... security light, sensor alarm, etc?

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Is there a same size Red wire attached to the battery? If so, you will have to trace back. Does you "Step Out" warning buzzer work? Are there additional 12V socket or lights around the vehicle that don't work? I don't think the seatbelt warning would be on the leisure battery.

Step out warning sounded like a good call, but it goes off every 2nd or 3rd journey so no. I do wonder why they fit a warning and no dash switch to retract it.

Mmmm obviously not then ...( mine comes from under front passenger seat) .....

Is there anything else external on your van that it may have at some point been linked to? .... security light, sensor alarm, etc?

I'm pretty sure Vanbitz explained where all the bits were and there's no alarm bits in the vicinity - it's all linked to the cab battery.

As the wire goes TO the seat I was thinking that it must be something to do with the seat - heater, pressure pad, or similar, but that would all be FIAT stuff and run to the cab battery. I'm guessing it must be something to do with the conversion, and with the seat. I'll try and take a picture later but it's pretty tight to get at.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
20170708_124225.jpg

Not certain how much this helps, but it's the best I can do at the moment. It's attached just around the back where I can feel, but not see it!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Leave it until you can get proper access then trace it back under the seat until you find the final connection.
DONT connect to battery until you know if its a live or earth wire.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Leave it until you can get proper access then trace it back under the seat until you find the final connection.
DONT connect to battery until you know if its a live or earth wire.

Thanks @pappajohn I'm not sure I can get any better access without removing the plate under the seat. I'll probably just leave it as is for now if I don't have a flash of inspiration!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back