My flabber is truly gasted (2 Viewers)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Is this thread just for the effluent on the forum or can anyone join in?:imoutahere:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I was working on a house renovation on the A40 just outside Cheltenham.
It was Gold Cup day and the traffick was dead slow as normal.
All of a sudden door opens on one of the cars and a woman hurtles towards the site in the posh frock and heels.
"Can I use the porta loo?" Says she
"You carry on" says I thinking brave lass going in there.
Anyone who's used a site bog will know what they get like and it was a hot day :sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I was working on a house renovation on the A40 just outside Cheltenham.
It was Gold Cup day and the traffick was dead slow as normal.
All of a sudden door opens on one of the cars and a woman hurtles towards the site in the posh frock and heels.
"Can I use the porta loo?" Says she
"You carry on" says I thinking brave lass going in there.
Anyone who's used a site bog will know what they get like and it was a hot day :sick:
download (1).jpg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I was working next to a porta loo/thunderbox on a ladder a few years ago and there was a little chimney type vent pipe coming out of the roof. A bad smell kept wafting over, I had a quick look round the site and found a small ceramic tile, I balanced it on the vent and it stopped the unpleasant smell coming out but of course it built up inside...
The reaction of the workers when opening the door was priceless, language too strong for here but some hilarious reactions :ROFLMAO:.
I nearly fell off the ladder laughing.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
There's a better method:). As part of the cassette design the entry shutter is at the same height as the bottom of the emptying spout. So if liquid is above shutter height, open shutter, go outside & turn the spout out, hold a bucket under it, then remove the cap. Excess content above the shutter level will drain into bucket. Replace cap, close shutter, remove cassette, empty it as normal.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There's a better method:). As part of the cassette design the entry shutter is at the same height as the bottom of the emptying spout. So if liquid is above shutter height, open shutter, go outside & turn the spout out, hold a bucket under it, then remove the cap. Excess content above the shutter level will drain into bucket. Replace cap, close shutter, remove cassette, empty it as normal.
You were just dying to tell us that

I never let it get that full.... There's a wee red light says Gonnae no dae that

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Or you could leave it as an overflow ? :whistle:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The better method is to use the 'green' toilet or follow the HGV drivers ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back