My first motorhome insurance - where to start? (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
That looks an excellent price, but I'm sorry IMHO at bit too good! Did no-claims record have anything to do with it?
Hope you never have to test it out.
That’s what I thought so I went through each of the benefits / conditions and small print in great detail with the advisor. All checked out (the call was recorded for training purposes of course) so I went for it. Regarding NCB I have none on a MH but I’ve never had a claim of any sort in 45 years driving which may have helped - but tomorrow is another day ??.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My sister works in insurance for one of the big household name brands. Apparently there have been a lot of people conned by buying insurance from fake companies advertising on the internet with too good to be true prices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
We're going through a similar thing, have reservations of storing brand new a class van on a storage site. Assuming a cassoa Gold site would any of you have reservations on this as well ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, I personally would never buy a brand new vehicle of any sort, but I would be quite happy to store it at the Gold standard CaSSOA site I use. But I appreciate that there could be "differences" in Gold standard.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Well if my CAMC broker organised insurance for a 1 yr ncb with a motorhome ( they wouldn't accept 3 other car policies I have with full ncb) ? on a 25 grand burstner at over £600 quid a year. You are doing DAMN WELL at around £200.... well either that or you've been conned out of £200 ?

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Well, I personally would never buy a brand new vehicle of any sort, but I would be quite happy to store it at the Gold standard CaSSOA site I use. But I appreciate that there could be "differences" in Gold standard.
Thanks

Billy R

Free Member
Oct 23, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 586
Exp
Since 2007
I am with Adrian Flux and was paying £310 for my 2018 Burstner 586. Just been told today my renewal is due Jan 20 - unless I fit a tracker my insurance will rocket to over £700. Think I will try Grove & Dean myself. If I fit a tracker my premium will be £333. Any other comments.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I’m with Adrian Flux. Used them many years ago on a astra heavy moded. Very helpful company.
This time,
I insured my self conversion for 560, full comprehensive, agreed value 40k, like for like for contents, pers. contents 5k, legal costs 100k inc curtesy car, hotel, repatriation costs, brake down cover full uk and Eu, 180 days comp cover in EU, key, cat 1 alarm, parked on road, used previous no claim bonus from commercial van, and they Insured my wife on it as well. Well happy.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hate to burst your bubble but from various comments I've read on here I think you'll have difficulty at getting cover for a motorhome of that value when it's parked on the road at anything like a reasonable price. You'll need to call all the brokers, endure the sharp intake of breath then be prepared to sit down when they demand your left arm and leg in payment! Seriously, though, you will get someone to quote, just how much it's going to be so suggest you start right away.

Hopefully someone can come up with a contact for you.
I am with Safeguard and park on the road.
OK only a 16 k motorhome but less than 240 pounds a year with European Cover
BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back