Must See Towns/Villages Mosel Germany (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Hi. Anyone currently on the Mosel. We are heading there later today, hopefully find a wine festival. Although we have done this area twice now things do change. Heading from dusseldorf where would you recommend first. I'm thinking of callng into koblenz for tonight ?
We stayed here last October, there are a fair few vineyards in the are plus it’s a lovely little village.

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=10124

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That's great, unfortunately we only have a scooter and to be honest I may feel like a drink later (still at the garage getting the motorhome fixed) so I'm going to try the stellplatz next to the expensive campsite that's closer to koblenz. We do miss the push bikes but love our 300cc Scooter more 😁 or depending what time they are finished somewhere in-between dusseldorf and koblenz.
Is that the windscreen saga or something else?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi. Anyone currently on the Mosel. We are heading there later today, hopefully find a wine festival. Although we have done this area twice now things do change. Heading from dusseldorf where would you recommend first. I'm thinking of callng into koblenz for tonight ?
I think it's the Lieser wine festival this weekend, just a few km west of Bernkasle-Kues.
It's a brilliant street festival with loads of bands playing, fireworks etc. We went a few years ago free parking in the country park by the river.
Best wine festival we have ever been to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Looks like we will be somewhere mid Mosel tomorrow
Pin in map later :unsure:
Weather is looking a bit iffy for a couple of days but we will find a bar to pass the time if required (y)
Other beverages are available.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Drive tomorrow will be via motorhome spares shop.
Just snapped awning winding handle :rolleyes:
Fortunately I have one saved on sat nag from a previous trip when an outside chair gave up the ghost

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Drive tomorrow will be via motorhome spares shop.
Just snapped awning winding handle :rolleyes:
Fortunately I have one saved on sat nag from a previous trip when an outside chair gave up the ghost

Whereabouts has your handle snapped as I carry with us bits and bobs that might make it usable until you get home.
We are at Minheim for a couple of days.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
We will be in that region in September, does anyone have a link to when the wine party's are on if they are on in September.
Anyone staying in Mosel region & looking for a wine festival, there's one in Neumagen Drohn this weekend. Weingut Shneider-Kettern have some decent wines at good prices(y). There is a great Stellplaz in the village at the marina. Pricey at €20 with leccie & wifi but you get a pitch you can put out awning tables & chairs & right next to river. We stayed a couple of nights & really enjoyed the location. Walking distance to a few cafes & restaurants, supermarket, bus stop & boat stopping point to Bergkastel.

Attachments

• 20220907_212926.jpg
    20220907_212926.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 13
May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Does anyone know if there is a bus service between the villages of the Mosel please
Might be a bit late now but yes there are a few buses between villages, have a look at this link. You can put in where you want to start and end & it will show the timetable.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Might be a bit late now but yes there are a few buses between villages, have a look at this link. You can put in where you want to start and end & it will show the timetable.
Get the rome2rio app its really good.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Made it to Burgen on the Mosel (y)
Failed getting a new awning handle but repair will do fine.
Weather forecast a bit iffy tomorrow and whatever the next day is may as well sit here with the feet up for a day or two.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We are on the stellplatz attached to the campsite in Koblenz. We got the best pitch.View attachment 661374
Are they special socks for your sandals :rolleyes:
Town and Fort well worth a look if you have not been before

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I was looking back at some old posts from 2017 / 18.
We always end up on the Mosel at some point for a day or two.
I plan to head off Sunday as I want to do the tec museums
I may well stop off again somewhere later on this trip.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think it's the Lieser wine festival this weekend, just a few km west of Bernkasle-Kues.
It's a brilliant street festival with loads of bands playing, fireworks etc. We went a few years ago free parking in the country park by the river.
Best wine festival we have ever been to.
Parked up next the river Lenny, waiting for the weekend fun to begin. (y) ,........... that's if the rain stops. :(

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like a blind eye turned as they are expecting you to spend money on booze and food.
It has been and is pissing it down, but the grass doesn't seem to bad to park on.

Just got back from a nose about and it's not much to write home about at present, hopefully it picks up on Saturday and Sunday or Lenny and crazylegs have got something to answer for. ;)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
At Konz on Mosel
Good run up from Neckargemund
Had a couple of cracking thunderstorms since we arrived
Never had a moat around a pitch before :oops:
Forecast for next few days decent so will get some exploring done.
Some navigation errors today led to argument with a couple of bendy buses.:rolleyes: in my defence it also involved a Dutch motorhomes and a builders lorry.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We left Traben-Trarbach yesterday (very busy), for Zeltingen Rachtig with several spaces until about lunchtime. Moving on again this morning for Graach, which is only a few minutes along the road.

We had torrential rains late yesterday afternoon, and it has rained off and on for most of the night. Brighter weather on the horizon hopefully. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Today sees Rita and I, Mr porky Gareth & Phil, and garjanco Gary & Janet splitting up, as
Gareth & Phil head north for their ferry from Holland to the UK.

We met up at Ediger-Eller, and moved on together through to Traben Trarbach, Zeltingen Rachtig, Graach, and Bernkastel-Kues.

Here we are at a smashing Weingut in Graach.

IMG-20220917-WA0000.jpg

Safe travels home Gareth & Phil, and thanks for your company over the last week. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back