Must See Towns/Villages Mosel Germany (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We stayed at Zell for the wine festival. We were camped right on the riverbank stelplatze, which belongs to the campsite further upstream (a guy comes around in the evening for payment and you can use the water/elsan at the campsite) They set up a fairground right across the river from us, but the noise/music was horrendous and seemed to be come "concentrated" as it travelled over the water ? The fairground rides and music didn't stop till about 3am ! The wine festival on the other hand was great, a refundable small fee for your glass, a great selection of wines and the usual food stalls, currywust being our favourite.
We also stayed at a barriered stelplatze at Trier (there's a small hut with console inside where you can load your barrier dispensed card with euros for electric and to pay when leaving) but a British couple we met later had stayed on the free car park down near McDonald's and that had turned out to be a dogging (hunding ? :unsure: ) site !

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Knaus Bernkastel-Kues site is on the ACSI list so 22 euros once into September.
Would happily stop there again.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks irnbru for starting this conversation - looks like its going to be crowded. We’re off to explore from September 4th until Hallowe’en. Hope to bump into (not literally) some of you, somewhere along the way.

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
If you can find the small town of Wolf on the Mosel , I can highly recommend their fine festival.
with free parking ,water and Elsa disposal . The food and wine Is good , but best of all the competition
between the Dutch umpar bands is an absolute joy . Driving toward France Wolf is on the left bank. I hope you find it and have as much fun as we had :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you can find the small town of Wolf on the Mosel , I can highly recommend their fine festival.
with free parking ,water and Elsa disposal . The food and wine Is good , but best of all the competition
between the Dutch umpar bands is an absolute joy . Driving toward France Wolf is on the left bank. I hope you find it and have as much fun as we had :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Can you show me on a map as I cant find it please, or whats it near?

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Hi irnbru we are in York temporary holiday site till tomorrow . I’ll sort out some information when I get home :)

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Hi ironbru, the coordinates for Wolf are N49.977152 E 7.10399 and the field they used was out of town around N49.971623 E 7.102267
nearest bigger town is Traben-Trarbach . Not much ironbru to be found there , all white wine :)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone know if there is a bus service between the villages of the Mosel please

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Does anyone know if there is a bus service between the villages of the Mosel please
Quick look on the map and from Trier to a town up river there is a bus service so I would say yes and the Germans have a good public transport network.
C6915397-1625-4DF8-BE13-6D58F7077224.jpeg

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
This might be it.

Cheers Gerry, I thought I was good on googling but you must be waaay better since you found it 👍
Hi ironbru, the coordinates for Wolf are N49.977152 E 7.10399 and the field they used was out of town around N49.971623 E 7.102267
nearest bigger town is Traben-Trarbach . Not much ironbru to be found there , all white wine :)
And after all that , if there’s not much there and I don’t like white wine we might give it a miss if we even get to Germany. 😂 but I appreciate all the info from everyone 👍

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Also a train service
Worth checking how close your stop is to a train line as a lot of freight moves at night.
Rhine is noisier as there are lines both sides of the river
Barges trundle up and down 24 /7

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cheers Gerry, I thought I was good on googling but you must be waaay better since you found it 👍

And after all that , if there’s not much there and I don’t like white wine we might give it a miss if we even get to Germany. 😂 but I appreciate all the info from everyone 👍
Just googled “German town called Wolf”

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
2 weeks ago done a week on the Mosel, my 8th trip up and down . Stay on a different stelpatz if I can so have done many, lots of good ones some not so good but there is one in nearly every village average prices are between 7and 10 euros. Incidentally only saw one British van in the week we were there. One very overrated was Reil. Our favourites, Traban Trabach and Zell by the footbridge.Tunnel tomorrow after 7 week away.
😭

Sep 17, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
I use to take a coach load of passengers to Cochem twice a year, and stay at the Burg Hotel. Even took my wife and four friends there to celebrate my 60th birthday! From Cochem, we used to drive down to Bernkastle Kues, Trier, over the mountains to the Rhine and Koblenz. The whole area is beautiful. I'm hoping to go back one day in my motorhome, as I have so many glorious memories of visiting there, although I remember my mother once saying when we visited the station where she lived and worked during the war, "Don't go back!" I expect that it has all changed now, especially the ownership of The Burg.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi. Anyone currently on the Mosel. We are heading there later today, hopefully find a wine festival. Although we have done this area twice now things do change. Heading from dusseldorf where would you recommend first. I'm thinking of callng into koblenz for tonight ?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Hi. Anyone currently on the Mosel. We are heading there later today, hopefully find a wine festival. Although we have done this area twice now things do change. Heading from dusseldorf where would you recommend first. I'm thinking of callng into koblenz for tonight ?
We a stayed here for Koblenz and biked in.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We a stayed here for Koblenz and biked in.

That's great, unfortunately we only have a scooter and to be honest I may feel like a drink later (still at the garage getting the motorhome fixed) so I'm going to try the stellplatz next to the expensive campsite that's closer to koblenz. We do miss the push bikes but love our 300cc Scooter more 😁 or depending what time they are finished somewhere in-between dusseldorf and koblenz.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back