Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Donā€™t talk about mice as Iā€™m trying to get rid of then in the van. I keep catching them but Iā€™m using a humane trap and I let them go into the field behind the bungalow so Iā€™m probably catching the same one.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You might have more success with a cat. ;)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Donā€™t talk about mice as Iā€™m trying to get rid of then in the van. I keep catching them but Iā€™m using a humane trap and I let them go into the field behind the bungalow so Iā€™m probably catching the same one.

Put a bit of tipex on them.

Youā€™ll know if you recycling them then šŸ˜Š

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I've used those plug in electric jobbies but didn't find them any use. Cheap traditional mouse trap with peanut butter worked. also one of those 'humane' ones where they get stuck in the box and then you take them a couple of hundred miles away - preferably somewhere across the sea, and then let them go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I've used those plug in electric jobbies but didn't find them any use. Cheap traditional mouse trap with peanut butter worked. also one of those 'humane' ones where they get stuck in the box and then you take them a couple of hundred miles away - preferably somewhere across the sea, and then let them go.
Perhaps Mr Putin would like them all? Like a sort of crowd funding enterprise.

Geoff

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
On a serious note, I used to set mouse traps baited with chocolate and would always catch mice. So, I decided that it was the smell of the chocolate that was actually bringing them in! Now, we take everything out and wash all surfaces down with a diluted dettol

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
On a serious note, I used to set mouse traps baited with chocolate and would always catch mice. So, I decided that it was the smell of the chocolate that was actually bringing them in! Now, we take everything out and wash all surfaces down with a diluted dettol

Yes, I never could understand anyone baiting a trap with anything that attracted them inside the place where one is trying to get rid of them? :LOL:

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I am the same as you, I keep catching and releasing them I am being used as a mug by the mouse who uses my house as a B&B he (must be a he, he is so cunning clever!!) he gets to eat then sleep in a warm house for the night then heads off back to the wife and kids during the day:giggle:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019
Newent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since November 2018
We've had an electronic mouse deterrent in our cellar for about 20 years, didn't bother the mice they kept coming back. it's got a mosquito setting to supposedly deter mosquitos, it didn't . It did deter our youngest son when he was a teenager though, but now he's grown up it doesn't work any more, time to bin it I suppose.

Welderman68

Free Member
Dec 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
1996 vw t4 navigator
I use the plastic traps kills instantly, and easy to use without trapping fingers, problem is when you get rid of problem then the next problem shows up looking for food so never ending.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

You need to take them miles away
Minimum of 2 miles away.

I've found they hate onion. When we lived in Durham I had an old fashioned pantry where I stored tinned food. There were always mice in there - until I left an onion on a shelf by mistake and the mouse evidence was everywhere except around the onion. After that I used to rub the shelves with half an onion every week or so - no more evidence of mice.

Jul 25, 2022
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Danbury Active
Exp
Since Nov 2020
Maybe that's what the Romans were doing when they blessed us by importing Rabbits !

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
24yr
but they come back on a rubber boat

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
NO! Chocolate is the mouse favourite which is why the mouse killer stuff often is chocolate based. Cheese is really old hat!
Peanut butter is THE best, although I'm no animal psychologist but I reckon a hungry mouse will have a go at just about anything. Why else would they chew your wiring?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
NO! Chocolate is the mouse favourite which is why the mouse killer stuff often is chocolate based. Cheese is really old hat!
I like cheesee and chocolateā€¦.but not together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back