LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As far as reliability is concerned these valves are great I fitted one on my Rapido for 6 years when the manual valve failed to close at 2 years old, with the Chinese remote control absolutely reliable and fitted outside under the van all I did was to wrap it in a plastic bag and tape it up.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Guess what to good to be true, woke up this morning to a email from Amazon informing me my order has been cancelled need to source another one all I need is the motor from the top.😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
TBH I’m sitting here thinking if there’s a better way to waste money?
To some extend I agree ...
Not if you have a knackered waste valve with a dodgy manual lever set up, plus having to use buckets and alike for 2 years as the grey waste pipe could never be closed from new, read my post, even the dealership cannot fix it easily, so needs a re think.
This solution is a means to an end for me.
LES
We have the same long rod set-up in our Carthago and whilst it works it's a PITA to get to as it means removing the mat, bit of carpeting, opening the hatch and bending down into it to turn the handle to open the valve, then reverse the procedure when wanting to close it, in the meantime we have the likelihood that a dog will disappear into the bowels of the MH through the open hatch, or worse try to get out of the door whilst we're scrabbling with it all.

Our solution? We leave the valve open all the time and I made a bung to go into the end of the waste tank pipe! Easy peasy - just get out, take bung out, let it drain, stick bung back in (the bung is fastened to the pipe with cord so can't be lost).

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Ditcha moral of the story is not to post on here until your order has been confirmed.
My message from Amazon is that it will be delivered later today - we will see.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Ditcha moral of the story is not to post on here until your order has been confirmed.
My message from Amazon is that it will be delivered later today - we will see.
Happy at least somebody has scored, I've just ordered a 32mm for £13.49 delivered tomorrow I only need the motor really.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
To some extend I agree ...

We have the same long rod set-up in our Carthago and whilst it works it's a PITA to get to as it means removing the mat, bit of carpeting, opening the hatch and bending down into it to turn the handle to open the valve, then reverse the procedure when wanting to close it, in the meantime we have the likelihood that a dog will disappear into the bowels of the MH through the open hatch, or worse try to get out of the door whilst we're scrabbling with it all.

Our solution? We leave the valve open all the time and I made a bung to go into the end of the waste tank pipe! Easy peasy - just get out, take bung out, let it drain, stick bung back in (the bung is fastened to the pipe with cord so can't be lost).
What do you do for winterizing the 40mm pipe from the tank that is outside will it not freeze if used like that ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What do you do for winterizing the 40mm pipe from the tank that is outside will it not freeze if used like that ?
We don't go anywhere that it would be liable to freeze solid ... I don't do 'cold'! :giggle:

However the vast majority of MHs don't have the 'inner' valve set-up and just have a manually operated tap at the end of the waste pipe, that's what we've had previously and never had issues with them freezing even when staying in sub-zero temperatures for a few days.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
The valve arrived late yesterday and just had a quick look at it. Deff 1&1/2" bsp connection either side with a 1" hole through the ball.
Just need some decent weather now to decide where and how to fit it.
(3" of snow outside most unusual for Worcester)

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
The valve arrived late yesterday and just had a quick look at it. Deff 1&1/2" bsp connection either side with a 1" hole through the ball.
Just need some decent weather now to decide where and how to fit it.
(3" of snow outside most unusual for Worcester)

Nice one 👍 I ordered the 32mm one after receiving my bad news 😭 its coming today I only need the motor for use on the existing valve which is internal.

Just cant get my head around how they can charge so little the 32mm one I ordered was £13.69 and delivery on a Sunday.

Are you going to use the remote wireless switch?

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Ditcha already have a 433mhz controller for something else in the van but assume there is some pairing process so they dont conflict? (I dont know).
Probably get one from China for a fiver and have a tinker with that - no rush.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Valve landed yesterday although 32mm. Just can't get my head around how they can make this and deliver next day for £13.69

IMG_20210125_095956.jpg
IMG_20210125_095935.jpg

So much so I have ordered a spare 😂

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Ditcha
How did it go?, did you mange to connect the new ball valve to the existing manual valve OK? Mounting bracket looks the biz.(y)
Can you post the link to purchase the valve please, not sure since 1st of Jan its available anymore.
Nearest I can find is a Dutch supplier, good valve, good price, but min order with them is £60, you dont find that out until you hit the checkout.:cry:
Thanks very much.(y)
LES

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well done Ditcha that is a super job, especially with that bespoke made mounting bracket, and to go the whole hog with a remote control, well you are at Morello/ Concorde Liner Class Toy level, hats off to you.(y)
You were lucky to have that access to the existing valve body, no such luck on ours, its at the bottom of the tank with no access, without dropping the whole tank through the bottom somehow, that's why the dealers want it back for 4/5 dayso_O and they still cant promise it wont happen again and the lever become detached.
The Minxy Girl fix (Cork/Bung)will have to do until I can get the tank out myself or get the dealers to do it, but the motorised valve option would still be best rather that a long dodgy mechanical lever.
Thanks.
LES

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well done Ditcha that is a super job, especially with that bespoke made mounting bracket, and to go the whole hog with a remote control, well you are at Morello/ Concorde Liner Class Toy level, hats off to you.(y)
You were lucky to have that access to the existing valve body, no such luck on ours, its at the bottom of the tank with no access, without dropping the whole tank through the bottom somehow, that's why the dealers want it back for 4/5 dayso_O and they still cant promise it wont happen again and the lever become detached.
The Minxy Girl fix (Cork/Bung)will have to do until I can get the tank out myself or get the dealers to do it, but the motorised valve option would still be best rather that a long dodgy mechanical lever.
Thanks.
LES
One advantage of the 'bung' is that after emptying and sticking it back in there's no danger of being accused of 'dribbling' due to residue left in the outlet pipe. :giggle:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
One advantage of the 'bung' is that after emptying and sticking it back in there's no danger of being accused of 'dribbling' due to residue left in the outlet pipe. :giggle:
Was it a nice full bodied Merlot, or a not so nice Lidl Pinot Grigio Cork/Bung that fitted best.:giggle: Red or White, that is the question?, or does it depend on whether we have had Meat or Fish the night before?:unsure:
LES

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Was it a nice full bodied Merlot, or a not so nice Lidl Pinot Grigio Cork/Bung that fitted best.:giggle: Red or White, that is the question?, or does it depend on whether we have had Meat or Fish the night before?:unsure:
LES
Nothing to do with alcoholic apparatus at all ... 😄 ... it was a spare hose pipe fitting which I already had, they type with a rubber section that you push onto a tap (with a jubilee clip to tighten it up) and a male hose connector, I just removed the JB clip and put some tape round it to make it a nice tight fit, then bunged up the hole in the middle hose connector bit (can't remember what I used now as it was ages ago!), just for you I've taken a couple of photos:

bung 1.jpg
bung 2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back