Motorhomes to the rescue (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Anyone used there motorhomes/campers for emergencies or anything other than leisure lately?

Our boiler at home has busted..since Friday we've had no hot water or central heating...so hooked the motorhome up and put the boiler on.. fan heater flat out and weve all been marching out to shower in there ..not life saving but soo glad it's on the drive ready to help....just hope the temperature here doesn't drop below freezing...looks like a new boiler is needed and that's not going to happen before the weekend 🥺

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OMG ... I've just had a thought ... we have our MH on the drive looking all forlorn and sulking as he's having to suffer the UK winter rather than a nice long trip to Spain for the sunshine ... as it is in effect a 'separate' home I just hope my Mum hasn't been planning on us allowing her to 'live' in it for a while with all the 'fun and games' we've been having with her! :oops:

I'd better sell it quick!!!! :LOL:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
OMG ... I've just had a thought ... we have our MH on the drive looking all forlorn and sulking as he's having to suffer the UK winter rather than a nice long trip to Spain for the sunshine ... as it is in effect a 'separate' home I just hope my Mum hasn't been planning on us allowing her to 'live' in it for a while with all the 'fun and games' we've been having with her! :oops:

I'd better sell it quick!!!! :LOL:
it has wheel if you think she is going to turn up MOVE QUICK she can have the house:imoutahere::imoutahere:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Our boiler at home has busted..since Friday we've had no hot water or central heating...so hooked the motorhome up and put the boiler on.. fan heater flat out and weve all been marching out to shower in there ..not life saving but soo glad it's on the drive ready to help....just hope the temperature here doesn't drop below freezing...looks like a new boiler is needed and that's not going to happen before the weekend 🥺
Don't use 'leccy to heat.
I think you'll find it cheaper to use gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A couple of years ago in late Autumn I took mine to Lewes when the town was seriously flooded. I already had stacks of plastic cups, tea bags and Longlife milk on board and so could give hot drinks and bacon sarnies to some of the victims and emergency workers. A couple of distressed elderly folk gave me saved photo albums for safekeeping. Perhaps strange to say so but we all had such a great feeling of community spirit and 'pressing on regardless' that I'd enjoy the opportunity to do it again.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We use our motorhome through the winter, use a1.5kw oil radiator, get it hot then knock the power down to low to keep the oil hot. Cheeper and quieter to run that fan heater. Leave it on 24/7 loverly and warm. We have a small 800w one as well, totally useless as not enough oil.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We use our motorhome through the winter, use a1.5kw oil radiator, get it hot then knock the power down to low to keep the oil hot. Cheeper and quieter to run that fan heater. Leave it on 24/7 loverly and warm. We have a small 800w one as well, totally useless as not enough oil.
Like the sound of your oil fired 1.5kw heater.
Where did you get it from please.
Ta v. Much.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Our daughter used the van to isolate for a while after she was tested posative. Unfortunately it was short lived when three more people in the household were tested positive.
We have used the oven for cooking bits of the Christmas dinner when we ran out of space in the house oven. It’s actually a better oven in the van.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'd happily move in ours ,nice n snugg no bills ,well not as many..the misses won't have it tho ...kids would probably like it for a month before it all kicked off.
I'm impressed your kids could manage a month ........................... :roflmto:

OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Lol don't talk to me about those 800w rads...we out one in our baby's room as it got down to 10 degrees...put it on two hours before she went to bed...still 10 degrees in there..done absolutely nothing..so she's in the middle of our bed now..keep waking up with either a foot in my face or a headbutt....the dogs even moved in our room now..licking it's bits and grunting all bloody night long..I'm thinking of moving out in the motorhome on my own.🤔

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
In a traffic jam car on outside woman got out with a little boy he had a wee then got an older girl out but she wouldn’t let her mum hold her out so Denise let her use our toilet she was ages washing her hands must have used 3 gallons of water. :giggle:
Bless 'em.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Stuck on the m40 after a bad accident we became really popular with my daughter handing out hot drinks and snacks
Xmas dinner oven overflow and most of the normal chilled food resides in the van whilst xmas stuff occupies the house fridge/freezer
Slept on drive whilst partners daughter had big sleepover in house
Used it to move partners son out........and then back in again, moved her daughter out with it
They are the swiss army knife of the motoring world đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back