Oct 14, 2022
Kilmarnock, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
1 year
hi everyone
wondering whether to join caravan & motorhome club just went on a site £49.50 would have cost £34 if i was a member is it worthwhile i mostly will be touring in Scotland
thanks

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Their sites tend to be fairly well equipped and generally very clean. But many feel that they are very caravan focused. Their sites tend to be in the countryside and away from attractions because you've parked up the caravan for 2 weeks and you're driving around in the car. Not so useful if you've got a motorhome. They encourage longer stays, which can be annoying if you're touring and you only want a stop-over.

We're members, but I don't think we get the full value from it.

It depends on how you intend to use the van.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Take a look at Caravan and camping club, cheaper site fees and friendlier staff. C&MC pitch fees are dearer though sites are generally well equipped, but you have to ask yourself ’will you use the facilities?’ if not no need to pay extra.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Quite a few ‘aire ‘ type places to stay in Scotland now plus the forestry let vans stay in places, independent sites are good too. Some sites let you dump waste and get water for a fiver .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Lots of " Offers etc " from both clubs. We were in both in .
the 70's,then just the C M C now this offers. BIG sites,new ones are state of the art,roll over dump points/hard standing for m/ho.
C L's.. Small sites in rural and near town locations THESE are the hidden Gems
Local area Groups. Just say you are in the Derbyshire group. Often there are " Summer holiday camps at School playing fields.etc. near seaside locations. PLUS the fact that if another " Centre group " has a Rally at a location you want to be at, EVEN abroad,. . you phone the centre boss and if there is a space you can be booked onto that Rally.
Red Pennant. Recovery service,home or abroad . Read reports about this in Forums on here,service is second to non.
So my vote is join the CMC,however....Its YOUR money. (y)
Tea Bag .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back