May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We
On this trip are assessing if Motorhoming is what we want out of a holiday/passtime.
Last couple of trips we have/are towing a twin axle trailer with a car on.
We don't/won't do bikes, peddle or part peddle electric.
We don't, try not to do buses/trains and the like.
We do walk a good bit (country/mountain roads with no pavements are nerve racking).
We do like the camp site life/vibe.
I do like the driving to and from countries/places. The more miles the better.
At the mo on this trip we think it's 51% give up motorhoming and 49% continue. By the end of this trip who knows.
Then we got to thinking and talking last night why don't we give a CARAVAN a go for a year to give it a sample.
Thinking again pros v cons. We have come up with a few in favour that would SUIT US.
So may i ask..........................i know it's a motorhome forum.............thoughts from your goodselfs that have gone either way MH to Caravan visa versa.
If we were to go the other way i promise from the bottom of my heart i will not mention the C word again.
We have had both and enjoyed both, but now prefer Motorhome, but not the one we have now although nothing wrong with it , we just don't like the caravan end lounge layout, but we thought we would

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Posted this on the wrong thread, sorry.

bobnick said:
BREAKING NEWS.
We have decided we will keep Billy until after Goodwood Revival.
So we have also decided to use Billy to go to Bulgaria to meet up with Son and family whilst they are visisting DiLs parents.
Will do Bansko, Plodive and others whilst there in July August ish..................we think.
More to follow. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Now then, i never thought there would be a Wilderspoon in Wilmslow...................i'm going when i get home to see if Rashford is in there :LOL:
Afraid its not down to there usual standard. 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Everytime we got a caravan 🙄 we had to change our tow car. 😁
When the kids were young and holiday time was precious a caravan was perfect, 😉 when you spend long periods on campsites a caravan all set up perfect. 😁
Touring a motorhome wins, not having to keep going back to the same site, no need to plan come and go as you please. 👍

001.jpg

The last time we towed a caravan was down to Spain in 2013 and although it's had different owners, it's still on the same site and will probably never leave. 😀😎 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back