LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Just wondered what the demand is for a mobile motorhome cleaning service? Do many funsters pay to have this done or would you rather do it yourself .Maybe you wouldn’t trust anyone to do it ? What price would you expect to pay for a full clean of the exterior/interior?
Thank you

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’m getting lazy. I would gladly pay someone to do the exterior. Wash,gel coat revival and polish. £200 cash. South Cambs. I might have it done twice a year if it’s vg.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
My van was washed and polished once a week in colville, for £15 per week but paid the a month in advance for discount, they were all Albanians, all gone back brexit/covid. So if you are ever in Albania, you might get a good rate.

Jan 4, 2018
Funster No
We've got ours booked to be done on our drive on Monday. Not had it done before so will have to see how it comes out, but we are paying £85 for a hand wash and polish and wax including the roof. Its being done by Pegasus caravan valeting from Redditch and they get very good reviews. More than happy to pay this a couple of times a year if they do a good job, especially the roof.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
There ae at least two companies who do on site washes at the storage site.

I don't remember the first but have been using Lavish Rigz for a number of years;

Last quote was;

£50 for the standard exterior clean.
£80 fo exterior, polish and wax.

Price includes all cleaning materiels and usually takes a minimum of two hours but more like three.

They work like a dog and do a good job.

I'm usually curled up in the back having a snooze, but I do make the operative a brew halfway through.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We've got ours booked to be done on our drive on Monday. Not had it done before so will have to see how it comes out, but we are paying £85 for a hand wash and polish and wax including the roof. Its being done by Pegasus caravan valeting from Redditch and they get very good reviews. More than happy to pay this a couple of times a year if they do a good job, especially the roof.

Sounds too cheap to me.

Especially as you are having it polished and waxed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years

My roof is beyond redemption, but they do their best!

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
There ae at least two companies who do on site washes at the storage site.

I don't remember the first but have been using Lavish Rigz for a number of years;

Last quote was;

£50 for the standard exterior clean.
£80 fo exterior, polish and wax.

Price includes all cleaning materiels and usually takes a minimum of two hours but more like three.

They work like a dog and do a good job.

I'm usually curled up in the back having a snooze, but I do make the operative a brew halfway through.
I honestly don't know how they make money, £80 for 3 hours work, traveling time to get there and back, insurance for the vehicle, insurance for the business and materials. It doesn't add up to me.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The first amount that sprang to mind after reading the title is a fiver 🤔 but I'm a reasonable person, things have gone up and they're bigger than cars.

So £20 👍
For that price you will get idiots using a pressure washer.
Takes me about 2 hours to wash mine if I only do a quick roof wash with a brush. To do the roof properly that takes two hours on its own.

For polishing to put a coat of polish buff then wax & buff takes 2 - 3 hours to do one side of the van OK a professional would probably do it in ½ the time.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
For that price you will get idiots using a pressure washer.
Takes me about 2 hours to wash mine if I only do a quick roof wash with a brush. To do the roof properly that takes two hours on its own.

For polishing to put a coat of polish buff then wax & buff takes 2 - 3 hours to do one side of the van OK a professional would probably do it in ½ the time.

Im reasonably quick when I wash mine and just using a sealer after, which is a wipe on wipe off.

Still takes me all day to do a decent job.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I honestly don't know how they make money, £80 for 3 hours work, traveling time to get there and back, insurance for the vehicle, insurance for the business and materials. It doesn't add up to me.

Doesn't to me either!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It's £20 at the local van wash.
But that's just a standard pressure wash, and they don't do the roof.

But I have found G&D Facilities who are down on Romney Marsh.
They run a van/caravan storage place, but clean non-resident vehicles Tuesday to Thursday
Outside is £35'ish (including the roof)
Inside is £60'ish

They are 200 yrds from a very good CL at Shingle Hall so you can drive down, stay the night, drop off the van, and then walk to the pub The Star Inn for the day or cycle 2 miles to the beach at St Mary's Bay.

The entire area of Romney Marsh is perfect for cycling, also bird watching, steam trains, and checking out Dungeness, which may or maynot be the UK's only registered desert, as well as multiple historical places such as Rye, Tenterden, Winchelsea etc.

1631364986771.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have our van cleaned regularly
It’s 8.6m long
3.5m high
A full wash and chamois, including the roof
Wheel treatment

£50

or to include a ceramic coating afterwards
£100
If you have the ceramic coating make sure he doesn't put it on any GRP bits, the coating are harmful to GRP.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
We have a man drives from Buxton about an hour away , full wash, very thorough (does some with a toothbrush) takes 2 hours on roof, total job about 5 hours including spray wax to finish

Only asks for £80 , gets £100

he is booked up months in advance, but doesn’t charge enough IMO
No wonder he's booked up months in advance, 7 hours Including travel for £80. Bonkers!

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
THIS chap came to my house last year. I had the Premium Exterior Valet for £140. He spent 7 hours, with only a short break. I certainly couldn't have worked at it for that long. Very impressive when he'd finished.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I can say how all these get to the figures they charge, but I do know there are several products that are used from basic washing up liquid to very expensive products that retail upto £500, and as another has said several of these products are not suitable for motorhomes plus the spray job on Van's is not as good as car finishes. I am sticking to God weeing on it most days, then occasionally using corporation pop on it.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Swifter that said, it's like any business, you have to find the customers who suit your business model, read, are prepared to pay a decent rate for a decent job. That's the hard part, not doing the graft istself.

Can I ask what you do for a living now?

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Am retired now, used to sell mac tools to garages, and valetors, used to see valeting trade Van's going to garages, like auto glyn. ( think that's how its spelt). If you are serious about doing it I would speak to local valetors, and see who they use, cargods are another one. There some real good products, but I dont know what's good or bad. Sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back