Motorhome cleaning prices (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I think of looking for some one to valet our Rienza when my arthritis shows up after washing it. As yet I havnt found any one in our corner of Lincolnshire.
The best car wash in town was run by a gang from Poland but I think they went home last year.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I tried 3 numbers/emails in and around merseyside/warrington the last 2 weeks for a full valet before a sale... not 1 reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Eating my words. The more I think about this, the more I think it 'could' work.

The hardest part of starting your own business is finding the work... You are in sales, flying start.

Although Fun has a massive audience, 'we' are i tiny minority of van, trailer owners.

You've got a van, you must use local dealers! Storage places for bits n bobs?

Go and see them, put the word out while you are still working. If people know you are out there, and good at what you do it will soon get about.

Anyone with damp floor problems, and the likes you can point them to your thread on here when you repaired your own.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Do you think you could cause £5m of damage washing a van? Lol.
Something like using chemicals to clean and having a barrel of the stuff leak into a water course could soon eat up that sort of money, especially after they have paid the ( experts or their mates) for special advice etc

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Ps don’t forget that they will be claiming for mental health issues as well, it’s the new bad back

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Eating my words. The more I think about this, the more I think it 'could' work.

The hardest part of starting your own business is finding the work... You are in sales, flying start.

Although Fun has a massive audience, 'we' are i tiny minority of van, trailer owners.

You've got a van, you must use local dealers! Storage places for bits n bobs?

Go and see them, put the word out while you are still working. If people know you are out there, and good at what you do it will soon get about.

Anyone with damp floor problems, and the likes you can point them to your thread on here when you repaired your own.
Thank you Eggs . I have thought long and hard about this and I think I am going to give it a go . Like you said ,looking out for damp ,offering extra services ( check tyre pressures ,get Mrs Swifter to hoover and clean the inside of the van etc ) . I am also going to look at getting on a training course to be able to offer official habitation checks . It’s worth a shot . So if any Funsters in Herefordshire or surrounding areas would like a quote then please send me a message 👍🏻

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you Eggs . I have thought long and hard about this and I think I am going to give it a go . Like you said ,looking out for damp ,offering extra services ( check tyre pressures ,get Mrs Swifter to hoover and clean the inside of the van etc ) . I am also going to look at getting on a training course to be able to offer official habitation checks . It’s worth a shot . So if any Funsters in Herefordshire or surrounding areas would like a quote then please send me a message 👍🏻

If you can work Thursday and into the weekend there is often a field full of vans at Hereford rowing club. The guy that runs it is very easy going and I can't see him having a problem. You might have to chuck some cash in the bar tips pot or something, particularly if using their water. You can do the truck if the price is right :)

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Good luck, don't work for wages. Everything needs paying for/costing. And always remember, profit isn't a dirty word.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
If you can work Thursday and into the weekend there is often a field full of vans at Hereford rowing club. The guy that runs it is very easy going and I can't see him having a problem. You might have to chuck some cash in the bar tips pot or something, particularly if using their water. You can do the truck if the price is right :)
Thank you . I have a contact at the rowing club so I would want to check things out and at this stage I am looking to be taking bookings from the start of October , need to source equipment etc .

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Ordered 1000 leaflets to put through any doors with a Motorhome or Caravan on the drive . If I don’t get any calls then I will look at other ways to advertise but at this stage it’s a low cost way of getting some business 👍🏻
E3AFBE43-9FD3-42C5-A28D-6D55D9489198.jpeg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thank you . I have a contact at the rowing club so I would want to check things out and at this stage I am looking to be taking bookings from the start of October , need to source equipment etc .

Not sure if you know but Autosmart are one of the better trade suppliers to valeters buying in bulk.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Ordered 1000 leaflets to put through any doors with a Motorhome or Caravan on the drive . If I don’t get any calls then I will look at other ways to advertise but at this stage it’s a low cost way of getting some business 👍🏻View attachment 536562
Looks good, Get in where vans, caravans are stored. Security in numbers. Three small jobs in a day can pay more than, pulling your nuts out on one big job.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Best of luck (y)ps Carthago Club @ Rowing Club This Thursday

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I would suggest buying a quality pressure washer.

You might find someone moving on and selling a van with all the kit ready to go.

I have a few Autobrite products.
I really like their project 64 sealer 😊

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I would suggest buying a quality pressure washer.

You might find someone moving on and selling a van with all the kit ready to go.

I have a few Autobrite products.
I really like their project 64 sealer 😊
Thank you .I will gauge the interest . I’ve always been very proud of my work when detailing my own vehicles but would want to establish a number of customers before investing in lots of equipment but this is part of the plan 👍🏻

Jan 4, 2018
Funster No
Swifter . Had a chap come around in the spring to do a no frills, but thorough habitation check (damp, gas , electrics etc) Turned out he'd been an engineer with British Rail but had an interest in caravans/motorhomes and when he got made redundant tried motohome washing and valeting. Apparently didn't really get enough work (but may well have been pre social media or didn't use it to it's full potential) and so he went on several approved courses, which didn't sound too long or gruelling, got approved by the main clubs, again didnt sound that gruelling, and had built up what sounded a very lucrative business. He kept his prices very reasonable, didn't need to take on any work that he didn't fancy, like fitting tv aerials that involved drilling holes in bodywork, and aimed to try and do one job in a morming and one in the afternoon. He was booked up for weeks and if he fancied a break just didn't take any bookings for that period and liked to have 3 months off in the winter !!! Seemed as happy as Larry and who wouldn't be. Probably different circumstances to youself I know, but it made me think.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Looks good, Get in where vans, caravans are stored. Security in numbers. Three small jobs in a day can pay more than, pulling your nuts out on one big job.
yes smooth talk your services into the owners of storage facilities, offer them a percentage fee per van. Plus more emphasis on Caravans which might a bigger market. You might also highlight the roof which is the biggest issue. before and after shots work a treat plus the concept of regular deep clean at least twice a year, Good luck.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
how about us lot. If we are on our way through, can you accommodate us with a brew and a biscuit ( i know we will have that on board as well) but its the jesture that counts.
Like the poster.
Those autosmart lads dont have make some money, have spoken to them about the franchise, yrs ago. there are other good products, i would look into others as well.
Good Luck

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Yes...Tourershine quoted £550 for our Niesmann and Bischoff Arto for a full restoration.
We have just had Tourshine restore our motorhome, £550 two men working non stop for 4hrs the Motorhome looks like new now, they don't polish the roof though, not a problem as I always keep the roof clean, bit of an ocd.
All scratches and marks removed from the windows and headlights look like new.
They removed the decal from the bonnet which was peeling off and looked shabby, don't notice it missing.
Paul recommended us getting an all over cover to protect against the sun and gathering leaves etc which do spoil the roof.
Looking at the quotes of less than £300 I wonder how good a job you would get, considering we paid £600 10yrs ago to get the hull on our boat polished £550 seems a fair price.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
We have just had Tourshine restore our motorhome, £550 two men working non stop for 4hrs the Motorhome looks like new now, they don't polish the roof though, not a problem as I always keep the roof clean, bit of an ocd.
All scratches and marks removed from the windows and headlights look like new.
They removed the decal from the bonnet which was peeling off and looked shabby, don't notice it missing.
Paul recommended us getting an all over cover to protect against the sun and gathering leaves etc which do spoil the roof.
Looking at the quotes of less than £300 I wonder how good a job you would get, considering we paid £600 10yrs ago to get the hull on our boat polished £550 seems a fair price.
Morning! Nice to hear that Tourershine gets another thumbs up! We are booking them. Did they need access to electricity or did they have a generator? Our N&B will be in storage...

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
How about similar to Mike at motorhomevalets. Somewhere close to you, CL or similar, and we come to you? Overnight on CL, go for wander next day and think about all the sweat we’re not losing 😄

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Morning! Nice to hear that Tourershine gets another thumbs up! We are booking them. Did they need access to electricity or did they have a generator? Our N&B will be in storage...
They will need plenty of room around the motorhome, Electricity and water, they don't need you to make a cuppa as they have their own coffee machine in their van.
They did a great job really impressed and would recommend them.

apache.jpg

apache1.jpg

apache2.jpg

apache4.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You have mentioned this before Lenny, be great if you could give some evidence/reports as our grp bonnet was an issue which had a ceramic coating but the adjacent grp panels are not an issue at all. It would help the industry if there was some clear guidance based on science.
You can get marine Ceramic coatings for Gel Coat for boats but most of the car ones I have looked at say don't use on GRP/Gel Coat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back