Motorhome and caravan club (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
In a couple of years they may have to swap it round, seem to see far more motorhomes on the road than caravans these days :)(y)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
In a couple of years they may have to swap it round, seem to see far more motorhomes on the road than caravans these days :)(y)
I think in 10 yrs time it could be
The motorhome and caravan club
With my driving licence obtained after 1997 I'm restricted to towing 750kg so if I towed a caravan it would have to be a small light weight one but I can drive a 3500kg motorhome fully laden that is (n)
So as more and more people who passed their driving test and don't wish to take any further driving qualifications are going to
A tow a small caravan or B drive a decent sized mh
Hence more and more motorhomes on the road and will start to out sell caravans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
With my driving licence obtained after 1997 I'm restricted to towing 750kg so if I towed a caravan it would have to be a small light weight one but I can drive a 3500kg motorhome fully laden that is (n)
So as more and more people who passed their driving test and don't wish to take any further driving qualifications are going to

Not quite correct from https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car

If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can:

• drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
  • tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Not quite correct from https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car

If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can:

• drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
  • tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg
I got that wrong then lol
Caravan hunting this weekend then
:getmecoat:

Only joking Jim :whistle2:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think in 10 yrs time it could be
The motorhome and caravan club

The flaw in that theory is that many motorhomes are not fit for purpose at 3500kg. This is coupled with the dealers fudging around the issue, even outright lying about it in some cases, which leads to people driving over weight vehicles without even realising it's something they need to consider.

If the powers that be ever decide to focus on motorhomes and have a bit of a roadside weighing campaign I think a great many people will be in for a shock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back