MotoGP spoiler alert - result (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Fantastic race with 5 in contention right up to the last corner.
1. Dovi
2.Marquez
3.Crutchlow
4.Rins
5.Rossi
Excellent result for Cal.
Rossi was the surprise of the race because he was so poor in qualifying.
Quatararo stalled on the line and had to start from the pit lane.
Lorenzo finished 15th.
This bodes well for the rest of the season with so many front runners.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Here's my thoughts after staring at the TV for six hours straight today...

Moto3:

Simon Crafar is still interviewing riders in parc ferme (n)

Romano Fentati is back. WTF?! Who signed off on that??? He’s even had to do a psych assessment before they gave him his license back…

The penalty loop is literally only one bike width :eek: They practically have to stop to go around it :oops: Fenati went from 3rd to 14th. That’s bullshit.

And as for the message ERTA flashed up on his dashboard screen about track limits…

I’m guessing the next message that appeared on his dash was from his pit saying:

"It was a warning - not a penalty - you idiot :mad:"

Oncu didn't do so great, compared to his wildcard debut last year!

Moto2:

The Triumph engines, er, triumphed (I’m here all week!)

The jump from a four cylinder 600 to a triple 675 seems to have suited pretty much everyone (y)

Bulega - gutted man… He had such bad luck for all of 2018 - Looks like it’s followed him to 2019 :(

Good to see Tom Luthi back in Moto2 - Could this be the year he finally gets the title?? I hope so, I’ve been a fan of his for donkeys years.

Baldasari - top bloke, I love this guy, could watch interviews with him all day long :D2

MotoGP:

Quatarro stalled on grid - :cry::cry::cry::cry: GUTTED!!! :cry:

So he starts from pit lane and proceeds to do the next two laps at 1.4s faster than Dovi in first place :LOL::LOL:

Rossi ! there’s life left in the GOAT yet (y)

Lorenzo, no sign :(

And as for the last lap of the GP… (y)

Roll on Argentina in a couple of weeks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Simon Crafar is awful.. You would be better off with someone who has English as a second language.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Simon Crafar is awful.. You would be better off with someone who has English as a second language.

I agree, I also think Suzi Perry presenting style should be more middle aged woman & less like a giggly schoolgirl (no offence to gigly schoolgirls intended!)

That said, whilst not the biggest fan of Keith Heuwen, there has been a noticeable (& much needed) improvement in his presenting - I hope he keeps getting better

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I said this last year. He has all the charm of B.liar. The two main race presenters are far better than wots-his-name that used to do it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So that's Moto and WSB both shaping up for a classic year.

Cal is a hero, can't walk but comes third.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Took me a while to find who is showing it on terrestrial tv but eventually did, Quest and it's on right now. (y)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Took me a while to find who is showing it on terrestrial tv but eventually did, Quest and it's on right now. (y)
Yes, just watched it too, had to avoid all the usual places until this evening.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I hate criticising comms guys, because its not easy, but for the love of god , there are better people out there, because of him i now get proper annoyed every time i here a Kiwi speak... there is some guy on a You Tube ad that goes on about Imizon boss Jiff Bizos .. makes me want to scream

I miss Julian Ryder massively, but feel that Gav has stepped up and done a great job since he went , Michael Laverty is growing on me too, met him years ago when we shared helmet sponsors, and he was a nice guy (even though he was very young back then) and that comes across more and more, especially on the friday free practice where he gets lots of time.. Neil Hodgson is great, but i cant warm to James Toseland at all, he just doesnt do it for me at all.

As for the race, i'd much rather see someone try and make a break , and fail , than what we seem to be getting more and more, which is 3/4 of the race being tyre preservation, before 3 laps of going for it. Having said that , its great that we have some many bikes on the pace.

Jan 31, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
CI Cipro 85
Exp
im a newbie
Watched MotoGP on quest tv, by accident. Saw the hour on quest 1. I know it is later than race day but at least got to watch the action. Anybody else watch it on quest to.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Watched MotoGP on quest tv, by accident. Saw the hour on quest 1. I know it is later than race day but at least got to watch the action. Anybody else watch it on quest to.
Got it recorded to watch tonight when Jane is out.:D Can't seem to series link it at the moment,:( but hopefully I will remember to record every other weekend.(y):D2:D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back