Rally Mosel rolling meet 2020. (2 Viewers)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its that time of year again when we are preparing to head off to Reil on the Mosel. Anyone that has been on the Mosel rolling meets in the last couple of years will know the form, but for anyone who is new to the rolling meet system I will endeavour to bring you up to speed. Its a very informal meet and as the name suggests it is a rolling meet, where you can jump on and off as it suits. We will be based on the stellplatz in Reil from the beginning of April through till end of September . The cost is 60 euros per week including electric and wifi, with water at 1 Euro per 100 litres. If you do not require electric deduct 2 Euros per day. There is an extensive cycle track that runs along the river and a small shop in the village. Many wineries are also situated in the village with excellent stocks. There is a small bar restaurant on the stellplatz and much to do in and around the nearby villages. We look forward to seeing old friends and new and a safe trip to all.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
To help those wishing to spend time on the rolling meet, here is a list of this years events in Reil. Of course this is only a small list of what is going on during the summer on the Mosel,and only covers the village of Reil.

<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just a few photos of the stellplatz at Reil to wet your appetite. Sven, the guy that runs the little bar on site does a few BBQs during the summer and the village has a couple of wine fests also in the summer.
Mosel meet 005.JPG
2nd BBQ 004.JPG
Reil 2019 001.JPG
Reil 2019 005.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Would it be better to rock up on a Monday lunchtime, rather than a Saturday early afternoon?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Would it be better to rock up on a Monday lunchtime, rather than a Saturday early afternoon?

The busiest times seem to be Friday afternoon, as local Germans arrive for the weekend. If any festivities are on locally or the overland meet at Enkirch, which is just up the road, then Reil can be very busy. It is a large stellplatz, so the chances of not getting on are slim, but of course everyone wants a riverside pitch.

Dec

Jul 13, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Funster No
MH
Pössl 2WIN Style
Exp
Hi we are still hoping to stick to our plan in June, leave Liverpool up to Stockton on tees to see friends, over to Newcastle ferry - arrive Ijmiuden- do Amsterdam and coastal Holland, on to Roermond - Cochem and Mosel stops in general.....now Reil by the look of things, hope to see you all there.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi we are still hoping to stick to our plan in June, leave Liverpool up to Stockton on tees to see friends, over to Newcastle ferry - arrive Ijmiuden- do Amsterdam and coastal Holland, on to Roermond - Cochem and Mosel stops in general.....now Reil by the look of things, hope to see you all there.

We love that ferry to Ijmuiden Holland but it is expensive

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are ready to roll now, but will have to wait and see just what is happening with this Corona virus thing. Am just hoping the UK is not put into lockdown like Italy and Spain. The other thing in the back of my mind is if the Germans close campsites and stellplatz as they have in other countries. Just playing a waiting game at the minute, but am fast running out of patience.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
We are ready to roll now, but will have to wait and see just what is happening with this Corona virus thing. Am just hoping the UK is not put into lockdown like Italy and Spain. The other thing in the back of my mind is if the Germans close campsites and stellplatz as they have in other countries. Just playing a waiting game at the minute, but am fast running out of patience.
Everyone is in limbo at the minute, but I think the smart money will be a shutdown for a few months, the numbers are bound to rise much faster over the coming weeks! Just my $0.02’s worth

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Everyone is in limbo at the minute, but I think the smart money will be a shutdown for a few months, the numbers are bound to rise much faster over the coming weeks! Just my $0.02’s worth

I have to agree, am in contact with the mayor of Reil and Sven who runs the bar and they both are saying there are no plans at the moment to postpone the season opening as yet. Things could change at any time though.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Don’t know quite when we will be able to visit this wonderful area again but I made my retirement a bit more possible this weekend by selling my works van, so when this kin virus thing is over we plan to spend some more time in Reil, if for no other reason than another Sunday lunch.?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Was thinking of this thread earlier when Alan & I unfortunately resolved that it looks like our Easter trip to France is probably off and possibly our 2 week trip to the mainland in May :frowny:

Breaking news; Germany is closing borders from Monday

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Was thinking of this thread earlier when Alan & I unfortunately resolved that it looks like our Easter trip to France is probably off and possibly our 2 week trip to the mainland in May :frowny:

Breaking news; Germany is closing borders from Monday

If Germany do close ranks on Monday that has completely goosed things at least for the month of April.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having just spoken to Sven,he assures me no confirmed cases of corona in Reil as yet, although Germany has a high confirmation rate. The closing of borders on Monday has of course altered our plans for an early start this year, but rest assured, we will be at Reil as soon as the borders reopen. Also the Mosel has been unusually high this winter and the grass on the stellplatz has not yet recovered. Hopefully a bit of sunshine will kill off the corona bug and dry off the stellplatz shortly.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
If everything goes to plan, we would love to join you for a day or three mid june?
Well everything isn’t going to plan as of now, I can’t see Schengen being open anytime soon????

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hopefully this meet will still go ahead, even if later than planned.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I can be there for a couple of nights, or more sometime during the first two weeks of sept, travel permitting!! Will anyone be there??🤔

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I spoke to my man in Reil yesterday and he told me the stellplatz opened last Thursday. At the moment the toilets are closed and masks must be worn when in the village, but this is a temporary measure and quite possibly will be removed shortly. The border between Luxembourg and Germany is now fully open, so once the French lift travel restrictions I will be on route, hopefully first of July through to end of September.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back