abforfun
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Looking at around that time or earlier,are you going with anyone?
We're travelling with 'cakey', it's their first trip over to Morocco and hoping at some point to meet up with Rob and Phyllis, who we travelled with last year, the more the merrier

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Out of curiosity how much does it cost of the ferry across from Spain to Morocco and do you need to book in advance?
€200 with your fun discount from Carlos, 3 month open return. Most people stay overnight by Carlos and stock up and get 10.00 ferry next morning.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
200 euros(ish) open return.

No need to book. Just get ticket voucher and collect ticket at port office (there or back).

It really is that easy!

As Robert says - slowly slowly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

xyz

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Funster No
Exp
Awhile
We were going, until I got a medical insurance quote that added the best part of £1k to the bill.
Anyone going recommend an insurer or broker to try.

pm, or poss start a new thread ....

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We were going, until I got a medical insurance quote that added the best part of £1k to the bill.

When we were there this year my neighbour became ill and went to see a doctor in Tafroute who sent him to a nearby Hospital for blood tests etc. (it may have been Agadir ?). Anyhow, he had no medical insurance and his total bill was 20 Euro's. His blood test was undertaken and had results within an hour with subsequent diagnosis and medication issued. He said it was better than he would get at home. (Lives in Spain).
My advice would be how much of a risk do you think you are of falling seriously ill while on Holiday ? Will you be doing anything differently than you would at home. If you class yourself as high risk then don't go.
The worst thing you can expect is maybe a dickie tummy while your body adapts to a change diet and even that does not affect too many visitors. The food is too die for anyway.

xyz

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Funster No
Exp
Awhile
Thanks PhilandMena, we spent 3 months there a couple of years ago (sans insurance), we're not newbies, but our various conditions are not getting any better, and the thought of paying for repatriation is scary. In the EU we just rely on EHIC .... (for now!)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Is Morroco well covered with hospitals that are good

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just thought I would add, Morocco is changing and now is the time to see it before it becomes to Westernised, IMO. Other's who have travelled there many, many years ago will say we have now missed the best of it.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well, as I'm posting here I thought you may like this picture. Especially for @TerryL

IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6278.JPG

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, as I'm posting here I thought you may like this picture. Especially for @TerryL

View attachment 136140 View attachment 136141

Ah fond memories of beautiful Taghazoute - sadly now a building site. Thanks Phil.

We're getting ready now, van serviced etc, Green Card got and Chunnel booked. Just waiting on travel insurance renewal - that should be interesting! Going to vet tomorrow to organise Jamies 6-monthly checkup.

When the first one crosses could they post up here if there have been any changes, particularly in the Immigration procedures. Any new info will be useful. Now might be the time to think about a "meet" at Tafraoute too.

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
We wish to go to Morocco, contacted our insurers (Caravan Guard) they informed us, that on advice from the RAC they would not insure us due to the uncertainty in the region.
Advised us to contact in the New Year as the situation may change.
? Confused
Malc

OP
OP
abforfun
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs

We are with Premier Worldwide Travel and cost £183.54 last year

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We wish to go to Morocco, contacted our insurers (Caravan Guard) they informed us, that on advice from the RAC they would not insure us due to the uncertainty in the region.
Advised us to contact in the New Year as the situation may change.
? Confused
Malc

Unfortunately there are a few, shall we say, ultra-careful insurers who seem reluctant to take risks - we left Caravan Guard, who were otherwise fine, because they were reluctant to insure over 5000 miles p.a. In all honesty I don't think the "situation" is going to change enough so if you really want to go to Morocco you'll need to do one of two things; change your insurers to one who WILL insure you*, or buy "in-country" insurance on entering Morocco. It's only third party, is not cheap (I recall a figure of €185 for 3 months cover) and I've got no idea of its worth but it keeps you legal.

*You may get a refund for unused period of insurance from Caravan Guard, we did.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I have just arranged the green card with Saga @£5.24. How can I do the import paper before sailing?.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back