Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
billym Thanks for the
I make 10 gallons of wine in Demi johns just before I go, its nicely fermented when I get to Morocco and ready to drink, then I take the potatoes out of my underpants and make a nice bit of Pochine, the beer I buy;)(y)
They don't call you scrumptious nuts for nothing. Have you met up with Captain Cokthruster yet ? I've got a spare Gaslow filler cap on offer in this thread. £15.00 plus postage. He might be interested. :dance2: :dance2:

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I make 10 gallons of wine in Demi johns just before I go, its nicely fermented when I get to Morocco and ready to drink, then I take the potatoes out of my underpants and make a nice bit of Pochine, the beer I buy;)(y)
Ah Borr,,, go yew careful with the potato mash poitin,,, they tell me it's mightee inferior to the barley mash poitin and likely to cause the imbieder "sudden setupon shitface syndrome",,,
which, I'm reliability informed, is to be avoided at all costs in the cramped confines of a Moho?!
???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have used El Barco before. It's a bit exposed. Last year we stayed for two weeks at Camping Tamroucht. It was fantastic, I was parked next to a WiFi repeater and could stream WiFi it was that good. It will be a mega campsite when the pool and accommodation blocks are completed. We also stopped in the first campsite on your right behind it's neighbour campsite next to the sea.it was ok but a bit rammed. I would be interested in knowing what the other one is like but suspect it is also rammed. Alcohol for sale in restaurant across from beach by the way.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Has anyone already in Morocco taken their dog/s with them this year?

Thanks

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
yes. How can I help?

Thanks Mousy
I shall be travelling with friends who have a dog and I have been reading up on it. On some websites it mentions that apart from the pet passport there is a form that should be filled in by the authorities in your home country within 15 days of travel. Do you know if this is in fact the case.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Mousy
I shall be travelling with friends who have a dog and I have been reading up on it. On some websites it mentions that apart from the pet passport there is a form that should be filled in by the authorities in your home country within 15 days of travel. Do you know if this is in fact the case.

Not sure what that form is, never heard of it and didn’t have one!

We had a rabies titre test done as we were informed that was needed. However the timings on that are lengthy and depending on when they are going, your friends might not have time.

we crossed as normal on euro tunnel, no checks going out. Drove down through France, Spain and crossed via ferry Tanger Med. No one was remotely interested in our dog or paperwork. The same crossing back into Spain. No pet checks or pet paperwork was asked for either in Morocco or Spain

We have since done our usual vet visit to worm and have passport filled out ready for our return via Eurotunnel on Tuesday.

So from our experience nothing extra is required for pet travel in Morocco.

There are loads of stray cats and dogs around and generally we found most Moroccans not dog friendly, being Muslim and we were very careful not to cause offence.
other than that no problems.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Not sure what that form is, never heard of it and didn’t have one!

We had a rabies titre test done as we were informed that was needed. However the timings on that are lengthy and depending on when they are going, your friends might not have time.

we crossed as normal on euro tunnel, no checks going out. Drove down through France, Spain and crossed via ferry Tanger Med. No one was remotely interested in our dog or paperwork. The same crossing back into Spain. No pet checks or pet paperwork was asked for either in Morocco or Spain

We have since done our usual vet visit to worm and have passport filled out ready for our return via Eurotunnel on Tuesday.

So from our experience nothing extra is required for pet travel in Morocco.

There are loads of stray cats and dogs around and generally we found most Moroccans not dog friendly, being Muslim and we were very careful not to cause offence.
other than that no problems.

Thanks Mousy that was very informative.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If your dog has not had the rabies jab and a successful titre test, it would be a bad idea to take her to Morocco

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just moved to Sidi Ifni had a look at municipal but it's full, turning folk away. Two sites near beach rammed, new one north looked good but wanted to be closer to the centre. El Barco lots of room, even spaces on front row when we arrived. Chose spot on 2nd row bit closer to entrance as only stopping 2 nights.
Sidi Ifni changed a lot in last 7 years, going out to explore later.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Terry, its only 20-30 MAD to get into town by Taxi. Also a 10 minute walk towards the town will find shops, restaurant and a market place. Gas bottle's can be exchanged after a short walk directly across the road into the small community. A green bus will also stop just outside the campsite but no timetable as such.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Terry, its only 20-30 MAD to get into town by Taxi. Also a 10 minute walk towards the town will find shops, restaurant and a market place. Gas bottle's can be exchanged after a short walk directly across the road into the small community. A green bus will also stop just outside the campsite but no timetable as such.
Taxis won't take the dog, won't leave him in this heat. Only stopping couple nights to revisit the town El Barco is fine.
At 5.00 pm still loads of room.
Incidentally there's a new mobile phone tower top of the cliff right above the campsite - excellent 4G signal.

But thanks for sharing anyway.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Taxis won't take the dog, won't leave him in this heat. Only stopping couple nights to revisit the town El Barco is fine.
At 5.00 pm still loads of room.
Incidentally there's a new mobile phone tower top of the cliff right above the campsite - excellent 4G signal.

But thanks for sharing anyway.
I was streaming WiFi from the campsite last year!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just moved to Sidi Ifni had a look at municipal but it's full, turning folk away. Two sites near beach rammed, new one north looked good but wanted to be closer to the centre. El Barco lots of room, even spaces on front row when we arrived. Chose spot on 2nd row bit closer to entrance as only stopping 2 nights.
Sidi Ifni changed a lot in last 7 years, going out to explore later.
We prefer barco because we like the view, if we nose up to the wall and put the jacks down we can look straight out to sea.

We had a look at the one on the way in last years but all you can see is the back of houses and wastelands

P1030101.JPG

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Had a lovely few days at Erkounte, nice welcome off Abdelah who seemed to remember me from five years ago (I think forewarned by Ken though!) several nice meals in the restaurant, and a feast of curry outside the vans on one afternoon, provided by several Funster friends, old and new. Had a couple of bits filled and painted on the van by Omar, great walk down to the old Mirleft fishing harbour and generally baked in the sun. Left Erkounte after a very relaxing four days to go to the souk and have a night in the Municipal Site at Sidi Ifni, a bit of a sh*thole dump really and full of manky cats, and overwintering French, but very handy for Sidi as it’s only a short walk to the market and town, market much smaller this time as I think many hadn’t bothered due to the wild wind, had a burger on the main ”parade” and watched the world go by for an hour or so, that was enough of Sidi for me.
Left next day for Plage Blanche, took the coast road P1901 which was fine until the newly tarmacadamed road ran out, they are resurfacing the whole of this road but it turns into a piste road not long after the turning for Fort Bou Jerif, it’s do-able up to about half way there and at the moment it then becomes tortuous and not for the faint hearted, we eventually had to give up after driving for three hours as it became impossible for large motorhomes after we came to a very nasty downhill right hand hairpin bend which I’m certain would have removed the front fender and most of the sump, it was bad enough reversing back up the hill for a couple of hundred metres till we could turn around, it will be a superb drive when it’s all resurfaced but it’s only suitable for 4x4’s at present, you have been warned! So we turned back and took the right turn for Fort Bou Jerif, arriving at 5pm after leaving Sidi at 12 midday, 5 hours to do 49 miles, what a bummer but have to say enjoyed the experience, reminded me of my last visit here driving through river beds cos the bridges had been washed away!

Fort Bou Jerif, the last outpost of the French Foreign Legion, built in 1935 and abandoned when Morocco gained it’s independence in 1956, I though it was magnificent it it’s ruination, a ruin within a wilderness, plenty of space to wild camp, which we did, and it’s own oasis which is quite something, and absolutely no-one else there, there is a campsite about 1 km further on, but no one staying when we went passed the next day. WARNING, if you go here and decided to travel on by going passed the campsite, the road splits by going left and right, I cannot vouch for the left turn but DO NOT take the right turn unless you are in a Sherman Tank! It’s a totally unsuitable Piste Road, it took an hour to do 6 miles, I think the left turn would have been ok but Don’t know, unless your sure go back the way you came (that’s if you go the same way as us). Now at Camping Tinnoubga, Bouizkarne, nice enough little site, visible from the N1 about 1km down an ok piste Road.

DC8A3CEE-135C-4DE2-85C7-93EB3EE4201A.jpeg
9A17B783-8A78-4DCD-9CA7-88A0D3822DE3.jpeg
98C2B404-E249-48B4-8E77-E75174734B69.jpeg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Great pictures Simon and it reads like you had a great adventure. I did remind you that the road south of Sidi Ifni was in a state of repair. Not to worry, looks like a memorable journey.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Afraid not we left on Sunday to catch the market in Sidi, which was very quiet due to the crazy wind I think (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Afraid not we left on Sunday to catch the market in Sidi, which was very quiet due to the crazy wind I think (y)
Might have been us as we left but more likely canopus
Nice site, try the restaurant, excellent.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Had a lovely few days at Erkounte, nice welcome off Abdelah who seemed to remember me from five years ago (I think forewarned by Ken though!) several nice meals in the restaurant, and a feast of curry outside the vans on one afternoon, provided by several Funster friends, old and new. Had a couple of bits filled and painted on the van by Omar, great walk down to the old Mirleft fishing harbour and generally baked in the sun. Left Erkounte after a very relaxing four days to go to the souk and have a night in the Municipal Site at Sidi Ifni, a bit of a sh*thole dump really and full of manky cats, and overwintering French, but very handy for Sidi as it’s only a short walk to the market and town, market much smaller this time as I think many hadn’t bothered due to the wild wind, had a burger on the main ”parade” and watched the world go by for an hour or so, that was enough of Sidi for me.
Left next day for Plage Blanche, took the coast road P1901 which was fine until the newly tarmacadamed road ran out, they are resurfacing the whole of this road but it turns into a piste road not long after the turning for Fort Bou Jerif, it’s do-able up to about half way there and at the moment it then becomes tortuous and not for the faint hearted, we eventually had to give up after driving for three hours as it became impossible for large motorhomes after we came to a very nasty downhill right hand hairpin bend which I’m certain would have removed the front fender and most of the sump, it was bad enough reversing back up the hill for a couple of hundred metres till we could turn around, it will be a superb drive when it’s all resurfaced but it’s only suitable for 4x4’s at present, you have been warned! So we turned back and took the right turn for Fort Bou Jerif, arriving at 5pm after leaving Sidi at 12 midday, 5 hours to do 49 miles, what a bummer but have to say enjoyed the experience, reminded me of my last visit here driving through river beds cos the bridges had been washed away!

Fort Bou Jerif, the last outpost of the French Foreign Legion, built in 1935 and abandoned when Morocco gained it’s independence in 1956, I though it was magnificent it it’s ruination, a ruin within a wilderness, plenty of space to wild camp, which we did, and it’s own oasis which is quite something, and absolutely no-one else there, there is a campsite about 1 km further on, but no one staying when we went passed the next day. WARNING, if you go here and decided to travel on by going passed the campsite, the road splits by going left and right, I cannot vouch for the left turn but DO NOT take the right turn unless you are in a Sherman Tank! It’s a totally unsuitable Piste Road, it took an hour to do 6 miles, I think the left turn would have been ok but Don’t know, unless your sure go back the way you came (that’s if you go the same way as us). Now at Camping Tinnoubga, Bouizkarne, nice enough little site, visible from the N1 about 1km down an ok piste Road.

View attachment 365016View attachment 365017View attachment 365018
Jim these taken whilst wild camping.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Crossed to tangier med this morning, it seems a lot more organised at Algeciras this year. We were the last motorhome off the ferry, mainly french, and a couple of Dutch and German, no other Brits. After getting our Moroccan paper work we noticed all the vans had gone immediately to the left and were going through the scanner, really strange, we just drove out of the normal gate and guess we were one of the first away, no idea what and why.

now parked up in the campsite at Chefchaouen in the sunshine.
Could you possibly tell me what the "scanner" is Borr, and what is it scanning for???
Thanks in anticipation. ??

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just an update.... yesterday we left Fes, along the motorway to Oujda, what a great drive 200 miles on the motorway, £17, and incredible incredible scenery. The plan was to reach the spring at Ain Beni Mather, cc20701, well it’s a piece of rough dried mud at the side of the road, so we didn’t stay, park4night had a petrol station in the next town, but that had all changed, so we drove to Tendara and parked outside the police station cc20554, a very peaceful night. We had driven 320 miles and did not see another camper. The drive from Oujda was even more spectacular than the motorway drive, long long straight roads, no traffic and cruise control on at 80kmph, it was great. To day we drove down to Figuig, again a great drive, saw 3 campers, staying at the campsite at the hotel, only us, the hotel is closed, It’s ok, but thats it. In a nut shell, ‘it’s more about the journey than the destination’....tomorrow who knows.
Hate to bother ya Borr, but could you explain the "cc20701" and "cc20554"?
I know this iz gonna make me look a rite dork ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back