LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We purchased one of the branded type from a uk show (after our genuine maroc model was borrowed from the back of the van!) a couple of years ago, but it is now beyond all hope.

We will be purchasing fresh in maroc this coming winter, but could do with something to tide us over 'til then.
Does anyone have an old one with some life still left in it, or even a half decent one, they would be able to bring to the FFF meet. The better half is now insisting it is shedding more than.......something that sheds a lot.

Willing to pay with euros, spanish boxed wine (not conde) Soberano or even stirling.

Only need a small one. Current model is 1.8 x 2.5m

Many thanks.
20170716_105919.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Dar, we bought one from Malvern a couple of years ago. I took a photo before it went to the tip last week..
IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

I've emailed the company in Llanelli to say how unhappy I am with it, but they haven't responded. I've searched on t'internet to buy another, and it seems there are many different companies selling them, but they are all based in the same address in Llanelli!

I've told him I'm in Motorhome Fun and it seems that a lot of us have had mats that have fallen apart, so maybe we've all bought mats from a 'bad batch, but as I said he hasn't responded.

I feel ripped off, and maybe we should put the weight of MHF behind a complaint to him - we can't all go to Morocco to buy the real thing, but we all bought them in the belief they were one and the same product.

What say you @Jim?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we bought one at Lincoln (I think) 3 years ago (I also think) , still like new (y)(y) even where folded to store

definitely bought at a show and since we have been members here :) our first rally was 2014 (y)

so maybe yours was bought in a bad year :(

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm guessing but I think the mats sold at shows these days should be known as Chinese Mats, as I doubt they are made on Morocco. The Moroccan ones would last for years, these cheap copies are not hard-wearing at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We bought ours online and it fell to bits after 2 years I won't buy another one we replaced it with a cheap awning mat

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We had bought one one also from a show.. ours had deteriated badly like those already shown in only a few months ..went to the seller at the next show we attended ..response was nobody else has complained about them mate and he promptly walked away ..there were at least 2 other funsters who had complained to him at the same show !
Vowed never to buy anything from him again

We now use the "grass carpeting " bought off a roll which is just as good IMHO

Kath

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Looking for a new awning mat. Can you post a link to this please.
Also, is it breathable and is it heavy?
Thanks.
We did buy our grass mat here in Portugal .. yes it is breathable and folds or rolls up much the same as the Moroccan mats. .. I have seen it at large DIY stores in the UK...

Kath

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Threw ours away after 2 years, definitely not as good as they used to be.
Bought a Kampa awning mat and they seem to be very good, time will tell as we are taking one to Spain where it will be down for 6 months.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back