LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
At Stuttgart show at the start of the year we were told that there was going to be a new model of Loft as well as the updated IVECO chassis to Euro 6d temp, the new chassis will come with a few driver aid option that are currently unavailable lane departure, brake assist, assisted cruise control thingy etc etc, and a new multifunction steering wheel more like a car than a van.

IMG_20190531_154417.jpg

Not sure that you can have this with the removable option although I have read that Meier are working on it.

For the Loft facelift our guess was that it would become a "baby Palace" and the photo's that have sneaked out would suggest that to be the case,

IMG_20190531_154039.jpg

Hopefully by the time it hits production and the Dusseldorf launch they will have managed to line up the window surround with the front ;)

IMG_20190531_154025.jpg

IMG_20190531_154117.jpg

Looks like the awning is integrated into the roof moulding, again like the Palace.

Front and Rear panels are very much like the Palace,

IMG_20190531_154528.jpg

Cupboards front, yes you've guessed it,

IMG_20190531_154320.jpg

If you think it looks like a prison van/ice cream van don't bother as we have heard it before(y)

I should add thanks to Michael @sallylillian for the heads up that these photos were floating around, last year the images of the new Palace appeared on a dealer web site in Sweden but they got slapped wrists and told to take them down, these have been around for a week or more now and still there so possibly not as sensitive with the styling being so predictable. The interior layouts are little changed from 2019 versions.

Martin

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One day, one day, you might just buy one Martin.:D

Looks like it has an airbag now, good for safety but goodby removable steering wheel.
They have ruined the ambiance inside with that tacky coffee pod holder, apart from that it looks quite cool. Sadly way out of our price range.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One day, one day, you might just buy one Martin.:D

Looks like it has an airbag now, good for safety but goodby removable steering wheel.
They have ruined the ambiance inside with that tacky coffee pod holder, apart from that it looks quite cool. Sadly way out of our price range.
N+B Flair has airbags so they had to catch up.

One day, needs a good garage though and the Loft doesn’t quite cut it unless they have changed something, the the Palace which is a larger van than ours has a smaller garage. The trouble is the longer we look the more expensive they get.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Martin, how do the two/three (Flair & Palace - or indeed Loft) stack up against each other quality wise (fixtures & fitting etc)? I hope to be in the market soon - ish and would like a first hand opinion before we go to Dusseldorf.(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, how do the two/three (Flair & Palace - or indeed Loft) stack up against each other quality wise (fixtures & fitting etc)? I hope to be in the market soon - ish and would like a first hand opinion before we go to Dusseldorf.(y)
Hi TheAleMan

You have to include Concorde in the list as well ;) and as long as you don't mind not having a UK dealer Phoenix as well in my opinion.

I think they all have their USP and they all have their foibles, the differences are somewhat subjective so you really need to see them all for yourself.

In a way the Flair is the most professionally finished but it has the standard IVECO dashboard which some may not like and doesn't look as integrated as the Morelo and Concorde offerings also it doesn't have much kitchen space but again some people don't care, it has also let itself down in the last few years with corrosion issues on the aluminium side skirts and also the chrome accents on the front and rear but hopefully they have that sorted now.

The Morelo and Concorde are quite similar in many respects and it must come down to personal choice and layouts again, they both have a custom designed dashboard and very similar specs but digging deeper there are differences like the Morelo tanks can not be accessed through the floor and can not be removed from the vehicle without a lot of work, the Concorde tanks are accessible and easily serviced. If you want kitchen space the Morelo Palace certainly trumps the Concorde. In the Morelo range the Palace and Loft look very similar but the Palace does it on a larger scale so you get more room inside and certainly more room in the bathroom.

The Phoenix vans look a bit jaded against the other 3 but there are a lot of things about the build that we like, again they use the standard IVECO dashboard like the N+B's, oh and they have the best garage of them all.

So which is best? that is impossible to say of course and we don't even know which is the best for us never mind you, really the best van is a bit of all of them, I think for us it would be the style and finish of the Flair the kitchen of the Morelo the dashboard and a few other bits from Concorde with the garage and build of the Phoenix.

Incidentally they are all on the same IVECO daily chassis unless you have you over 7500kg on your licence.

Get yourself to Dusseldorf but you will come away as confused as us possibly.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
How does this new quote setup work!

@ cazpaul It would be a toughie if it wasnt so obviously Vario, but not really the same price.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It really depends on your priorities; layout is king IMHO, but there are so many variables. I think the flair edges it on quality over a comparable Morelo but the kitchen is its achilles heel,and unlike a flair you can buy a Morelo on a truck chassis.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes well Vario need mentioning in case
1.someone hasn't heard of them
2. Consider one a couple of years old so they come into the same price bracket.
3. And most importantly, peanuts to a man of my means. :D2:D

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The motorhome I wanted to buy 2 years ago was a Vario ( 2nd hand of course) it was superb, perfect layout for us had all the bits we wanted but then Sue couldnt live with the ride 2005 823 Atego and even I have to concede that it was very bouncy. Bugger!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The motorhome I wanted to buy 2 years ago was a Vario ( 2nd hand of course) it was superb, perfect layout for us had all the bits we wanted but then Sue couldnt live with the ride 2005 823 Atego and even I have to concede that it was very bouncy. Bugger!
Isn't it a bummer when you build something up and want it so much and then something as simple as driving it bursts that bubble.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Sounds like a beauty, would full air have sorted it Jon?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes well Vario need mentioning in case
1.someone hasn't heard of them
2. Consider one a couple of years old so they come into the same price bracket.
3. And most importantly, peanuts to a man of my means. :D2:D
Trouble is Paul they are like rocking horse poo and as soon as a nice one comes up it is sold in Germany before we could even get a ferry booked.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Trouble is Paul they are like rocking horse poo and as soon as a nice one comes up it is sold in Germany before we could even get a ferry booked.

Martin

Yes very true Martin, where's that lottery ticket? Just look at me pretending in Bohmte. If you look closely you can just see me holding the Concorde keys up. Don't think anyone who I sent the photo to was fooled though.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Martin you need to just go and buy one of these and satisfy your self but not the Vario they are not aesthetically pleasing on the eye?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have seen a Morelo at a couple of places in Portugal had to smile he is towing a Hyundai i10 with the Morelo sticker on the doors. :doh:
He parked opposite a massive Niesmann + Bischoff Clou Liner moved the otherside of the camperstop today, realising his looked small and no getting the attention he hoped for. ;):love::pop: Bob.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just needs a couple of slide outs and it may be worth considering

Until then it’s a posh Hymer

kings new clothes;)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

kings new clothes;)

Ok so if I was after a 8 metre-ish A class RV with a garage for my scooter what would I buy? serious question because I'm beginning to think a V10 on LPG is not a bad idea.

Jon

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I’m very happy with my Eura mobil. Integra 890. But I think the ( premier motorhomes near Doncaster ) current dealers may not be carrying any more in the future. Shame as it’s a sleek piece of kit. Only 3m tall and 9m in length

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

kings new clothes;)
You can have a slide out on the Palace or the Empire liner which I have not mentioned but they are only on a truck chassis because of the weight.

I think you mean posh Knaus, the posh Hymer is Niesmann Bischoff ;)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK so if I was after a 8 metre-ish A class RV with a garage for my scooter what would I buy? serious question because I'm beginning to think a V10 on LPG is not a bad idea.

Jon
Not sure you will find that Jon you would need a scooter rack.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My integra 890 has a scooter in the back
Yes as many europeans do, Jon was asking Eddie VB if there were and RV's that he could do that with as he fancies a V10 on Lpg and slides as well possibly although I think it would be difficult keeping the weight down below 7500kg with slides without the build quality suffering.

Martin

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi TheAleMan

You have to include Concorde in the list as well ;) and as long as you don't mind not having a UK dealer Phoenix as well in my opinion.

I think they all have their USP and they all have their foibles, the differences are somewhat subjective so you really need to see them all for yourself.

In a way the Flair is the most professionally finished but it has the standard IVECO dashboard which some may not like and doesn't look as integrated as the Morelo and Concorde offerings also it doesn't have much kitchen space but again some people don't care, it has also let itself down in the last few years with corrosion issues on the aluminium side skirts and also the chrome accents on the front and rear but hopefully they have that sorted now.

The Morelo and Concorde are quite similar in many respects and it must come down to personal choice and layouts again, they both have a custom designed dashboard and very similar specs but digging deeper there are differences like the Morelo tanks can not be accessed through the floor and can not be removed from the vehicle without a lot of work, the Concorde tanks are accessible and easily serviced. If you want kitchen space the Morelo Palace certainly trumps the Concorde. In the Morelo range the Palace and Loft look very similar but the Palace does it on a larger scale so you get more room inside and certainly more room in the bathroom.

The Phoenix vans look a bit jaded against the other 3 but there are a lot of things about the build that we like, again they use the standard IVECO dashboard like the N+B's, oh and they have the best garage of them all.

So which is best? that is impossible to say of course and we don't even know which is the best for us never mind you, really the best van is a bit of all of them, I think for us it would be the style and finish of the Flair the kitchen of the Morelo the dashboard and a few other bits from Concorde with the garage and build of the Phoenix.

Incidentally they are all on the same IVECO daily chassis unless you have you over 7500kg on your licence.

Get yourself to Dusseldorf but you will come away as confused as us possibly.

Martin

Thank you Martin for the in-depth reply. Yes sorry, I should have included the Concorde Charisma..silly me. Ok, I guess there is no perfect van, but am really torn between the Flair and the Palace, with the Palace just edging it for various reasons at the moment, that could change after Dusseldorf though . It's important for us to get this spot on as we are going to live in the thing eventually. Island bed and lounging space very important for us, so that already limits to what can be had, especially in the Flair range.

Vario, out of our league unfortunately, and Phoenix I've not looked at in great detail, but will do now after recommendation. Thanks again Martin, that's been a great help. (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you Martin for the in-depth reply. Yes sorry, I should have included the Concorde Charisma..silly me. Ok, I guess there is no perfect van, but am really torn between the Flair and the Palace, with the Palace just edging it for various reasons at the moment, that could change after Dusseldorf though . It's important for us to get this spot on as we are going to live in the thing eventually. Island bed and lounging space very important for us, so that already limits to what can be had, especially in the Flair range.

Vario, out of our league unfortunately, and Phoenix I've not looked at in great detail, but will do now after recommendation. Thanks again Martin, that's been a great help. (y)
Given that choice and use our money would go on the Palace as the kitchen knocks spots off the standard Flair.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes as many europeans do, Jon was asking Eddie VB if there were and RV's that he could do that with as he fancies a V10 on Lpg and slides as well possibly although I think it would be difficult keeping the weight down below 7500kg with slides without the build quality suffering.

Martin
Actually I could and would go over 7500kgs for the right one but don't think it exists, only one Ive seen with a garage is Thor Ace but 9.5 metres garage had a big step and inside looked a bit old fashioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back