Morelo For Beginners (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
:LOL: I had to laugh (we all need one at the moment) Jon, for the benefit of Andrew Blue Knight I wouldn't even want to take our car down what Jon calls a lane, four of us did walk it one day pretending to be a wheel at each corner and it's a challenge.

Thankfully I have no intention of trying it for size no matter how many times you ask.

Martin

1584519234890.png

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I tend to agree with all that has been said to be honest. LHD for the short trip to Portsmouth for the ferry to Spain or onto Eurotunnel to France is fine and not too stressful. I have really gotten used to LHD in the UK too so it does get easier.

I found some hills up through France rather challenging when loaded to 7.1T for our holiday so had the ECU remapped (Quantum Tuning - £300) when we got home and the additional 90NM (or 19%) torque improvement is like a night and day difference. Also, when going up a steep incline, with that huge overhang at the rear, you must remember to lift her skirt up or the back end can catch the ground. It's easy enough to do, harder to remember to do it in time though!!

View attachment 369947
As previously said, I too quote the £££ equivalent in terms of value for insurance.
Chubb is one of the best policy's but pretty expensive.

See their Masterpiece brochure info attached below

Agreed value
If the amount of cover is Agreed Value, the sum insured for Your Vehicle is shown in Your Policy Schedule.

Extended replacement cost cover
However if the cost of replacing Your Vehicle shown in Your Policy Schedule exceeds the sum insured for Your Vehicle which is the subject of the claim;Your Vehicle shown in Your Policy Schedule is less than 15 years old; and the sum insured for Your Vehicle shown in Your Policy Schedule is less than £500,000
We will pay the cost of replacing the Vehicle shown in Your Policy Schedule with a Vehicle of the same make, model, specification, mileage and age, and in the same condition as Your Vehicle immediately prior to the covered loss, up to 150% of the sum insured shown in Your Policy Schedule for Your Vehicle which is the subject of the claim.

Thanks Peter, lots of really useful info there, especially the potential grounding issue and the engine ECU mod.

I can't recall if I've ever seem Chubb being mentioned before so I'll be sure to add it to my list of useful points.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Re the garage capacities, I’m convinced that the lower capacity just reflects the fact that the manufacturer hasn’t done the analysis to show the true capacity so just define a low limit; though I have no evidence to back that up.

Ian

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
............ but maybe if you intend to do mostly Highlands you should consider downscaling a bit, afterall anything is going to give more space than a PVC

Hi Jon, I keep banging on about the Highlands because ultimately we'll end up living there sir. I love the lifestyle and the crisp fresh air.

Funny enough we saw one place for sale on our travels whereby the furniture removals truck (smaller than a Palace I think) could not access the driveway so the local farmer kindly helped his outgoing neighbours by transporting their belongings via a tractor-trailer combo.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Nice one Jon, I said I needed a laugh this morning, now if you can send that over we will be able to eat this week (y)

Martin

.......and you promised Nicky a look-around of your new Palace in 2-weeks.

:RollEyes:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin wrote:

"LHD for me and I can't see any reason to go RHD unless you don't plan on ever going over the water and you want to be tied into buying your next van in the UK as well as the foreign dealers don't want RHD but UK dealers are OK with LHD."

A couple of years ago N&B said they would not PX a RHD, but last Autumn Jurgen said he would and we even talked a ball-park figure. I know I would get better in UK but probably not the discount I should be able to get from N&B direct, since they have no Dealer in Poland.

However the CV has put all thoughts of changing Arto on hold.

Martin, why do you think your Palace might be stuck there, because I thought trade was allowed across most borders and entry to UK is no problem at the moment?

Geoff

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had LHD on our first Elysian and also on our Flair before that - I never found it a problem in the UK. Last two have been RHD as SWMBO feel more comfortable with that although she never actually drives! However, I am happy enough with RHD on the continent.

If you are worried about external width with a Liner then why not go for a slide option not on a Liner instead - you would have more internal space than you would in a Liner without a slide? I am happy enough on the single track Scottish roads in my 9m vehicle (although it is tiring after a while, all the time concentrating onnwhat is coming, when to choose to pull into a parking place and also making sure her people can get past you every now and then).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin wrote:

"LHD for me and I can't see any reason to go RHD unless you don't plan on ever going over the water and you want to be tied into buying your next van in the UK as well as the foreign dealers don't want RHD but UK dealers are OK with LHD."

A couple of years ago N&B said they would not PX a RHD, but last Autumn Jurgen said he would and we even talked a ball-park figure. I know I would get better in UK but probably not the discount I should be able to get from N&B direct, since they have no Dealer in Poland.

However the CV has put all thoughts of changing Arto on hold.

Martin, why do you think your Palace might be stuck there, because I thought trade was allowed across most borders and entry to UK is no problem at the moment?

Geoff
Hi Geoff

The original plan was for us to fly out there but don't think that will happen. I don't know if the dealer can get out there and I wouldn't ask him to as it would not be fair to put pressure on him, the factory are not letting staff travel so that would rule out one of their drivers, possibly a low loader?

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Geoff

The original plan was for us to fly out there but don't think that will happen. I don't know if the dealer can get out there and I wouldn't ask him to as it would not be fair to put pressure on him, the factory are not letting staff travel so that would rule out one of their drivers, possibly a low loader?

Martin
Road trip Martin? The Border isnt closed.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Road trip Martin? The Border isnt closed.
Don't know Jon, P&L were challenged on their way home from Austria once in Germany and once in Belgium, they were sent on their way as they were heading home.

I think we are accepting that it is all out of our control but possibly we are spending too much time sat at home listening to the news (y)

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Jon

Looks as though getting a strimmer and long pruning sheers to work on it could solve the problem.

Geoff
I cut it back regularly Geoff. The narrowest bit has got someone elses trees in it and a telephone pole and note the leaning
P1030608.JPG
mature conifer in this one. I thought Id posted them all, and then I have to get to here
P1030608.JPG
P1030611.JPG

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Chaps, be prepared to donate a few quid toward my new Just Giving Page.

Due to the ever deteriating exchange rate I'll now need to stump up an extra £37,445 over what it would have cost for the van 3-weeks ago.

Give generously please.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Due to the ever deteriating exchange rate I'll now need to stump up an extra £37,445 over what it would have cost for the van 3-weeks ago.

Give generously please.

Good grief that's almost 7 grand more than I paid for our van

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Good grief that's almost 7 grand more than I paid for our van

It does question the whole thing Paul.

For instance, you wouldn't view a new BMW costing £X one day and then pop back a fortnight later to buy the same car for '£X plus 14%' as what this example implies.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Should I suggest it is probably best to close this thread guys? Is it really appropriate to what's going on, with potentially millions being made unemployed, to discuss the minutiae of how to spend a few hundred £K.

Discuss it amongst yourselves. Best wishes. :)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Due to the ever deteriorating exchange rate I'll now need to stump up an extra £37,445 over what it would have cost for the van 3-weeks ago.

Give generously please.
(y)Its an ill wind that blows nobody any good, second hand values must be rising!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Should I suggest it is probably best to close this thread guys? Is it really appropriate to what's going on, with potentially millions being made unemployed, to discuss the minutiae of how to spend a few hundred £K.

You make a very good point but this thread is my only escape (and for potentially others too) to an otherwise thoroughly depressing forum; yes, due to the CV19 scenario.

I hope this doesn't offend (It's certainly not intended to do so) but if it upsets in anyway then don't bother reading it.

Best Wishes,

Andrew

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You make a very good point but this thread is my only escape (and for potentially others too) to an otherwise thoroughly depressing forum; yes, due to the CV19 scenario.

I hope this doesn't offend (It's certainly not intended to do so) but if it upsets in anyway then don't bother reading it.

Best Wishes,

Andrew
Not offended at all. :)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

I have to disagree there, you could say that at any time when someone is thinking about spending a few hundred thousand on a van, there are always people living hand to mouth, going to food banks, using illegal money lenders etc

The thread is about possibly buying a new Morelo, I know someone that has just put an offer in for a property for almost 600 grand, I am really happy for them

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have to disagree there, you could say that at any time when someone is thinking about spending a few hundred thousand on a van, there are always people living hand to mouth, going to food banks, using illegal money lenders etc

The thread is about possibly buying a new Morelo, I know someone that has just put an offer in for a property for almost 600 grand, I am really happy for them
Gosh. :)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morning Team,

Just a quick final note here to thank you all for the wonderful help and advice that you have given me recently.

You've all made it a really pleasurable experience and I thank you dearly for your patience and good will throughout.

Please stay safe over the coming months and may I wish Martin and Jen every bit of good luck for the safe delivery of their new Morelo Palace; you've both worked bloody hard in your lives to get it and it's very much deserved IMO.

Best Wishes to all,

Andrew

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

These forums are different things to different people, by choosing to look forward hopefully to a time when some sort of normality can be resumed is a positive thing in my opinion. I welcome this opportunity to discuss my interests with like minded people and fail to see what harm we are doing. I find eastenders depressing so I don't watch it even though I accept that many of my neighbours love it. No disrespect intended but can't people who dont want to view this conversation also choose not to?

Jon

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
These forums are different things to different people, by choosing to look forward hopefully to a time when some sort of normality can be resumed is a positive thing in my opinion. I welcome this opportunity to discuss my interests with like minded people and fail to see what harm we are doing. I find eastenders depressing so I don't watch it even though I accept that many of my neighbours love it. No disrespect intended but can't people who dont want to view this conversation also choose not to?

Jon
Thanks Jon well said, I thought it was to say the least an unnecessary and selfish post but I fear giving full opinions on here.

Deliboy

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2008

Your Murvi is an unobtainable palace to the vast majority of people in this country. Is it appropriate to have it when so many are using foodbanks #plonk #getoveryourself

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is it still open?

OK yes it is (y) I only wondered as I posted a reply and it got lost, anyway it was only drivel so it doesn't really matter;)

Stay antisocial everybody.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back