Morelo For Beginners (11 Viewers)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Should I suggest it is probably best to close this thread guys? Is it really appropriate to what's going on, with potentially millions being made unemployed, to discuss the minutiae of how to spend a few hundred £K.

Discuss it amongst yourselves. Best wishes. :)
I think I'm really quite shocked at the remark.
Would you like to set a ££ threshold above which we can't discuss certain things?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Should I suggest it is probably best to close this thread guys? Is it really appropriate to what's going on, with potentially millions being made unemployed, to discuss the minutiae of how to spend a few hundred £K.

Discuss it amongst yourselves. Best wishes. :)

People are dicussing somethings that they may have had aspirations for, over a long period of working hard and helping the economy to create wealth.

If you think aspirations should not be discussed that would preclude me from talking about poverty in the world - as I have no aspiration to be poor.

As for timing, some of the posters made decisions before the CV crisis and are discussing the consequences.

Should I seek opinions, including your's, as to whether I should discuss selling my house(worth several times a Morello) and where to place the proceeds? Especially as the timing of the discussion might be right in the CV environment, so deferral of the discussion might be futile.

Geoff

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I am surprised and shocked that one member has ruined a great thread and created ill feeling, what a shame. I loved following Andrews posts regarding both his Globecar purchase and potential new buy.

In fact all motorhomes are an expensive luxury it could be said, so close the whole forum until the crisis is over

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I would like to say that I was also enjoying this thread and has aspirations to own a similar luxury van but due to my wife's ongoing health hiccup and me having to get a small procedure I dithered, I had spoke to and messaged other members about various vans. I also didn't want to be in a position of buying without selling my van so I missed out on a fabulous van and our backup choice just as the € was peaking, ho hum maybe just as well as we wouldn't have been able to use it anyway with CV going raj and shutting down continental touring. :cry: Well that's got that off my chest, back to dreaming folks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was in two minds wether to respond at all but after some reflection ? well here I am;), this type of discussion is all part of the buying process and I enjoy it and like to try to help others through what can seem a bit like a maze at times, some people might think this insensitive at this difficult time but from our personal standpoint we started our buying process 7 months ago or you could argue it started a long time before that but 7 months ago we committed to ordering a Palace, do I feel guilty or embarrassed that we are about to part with a tremendous amount of cash at this difficult time for many? well no I don't actually as we have worked, scrimped and saved for this day and we are going to enjoy it in the full knowledge that our hard earned cash will help out quite a few businesses both large and small that might otherwise struggle to pay their wage bills, OK it's a drop in the ocean but we can all do our bit in various ways.

So in conclusion let's keep spending and supporting our business community and hopefully they can prosper and support their staff.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would like to say that I was also enjoying this thread and has aspirations to own a similar luxury van but due to my wife's ongoing health hiccup and me having to get a small procedure I dithered, I had spoke to and messaged other members about various vans. I also didn't want to be in a position of buying without selling my van so I missed out on a fabulous van and our backup choice just as the € was peaking, ho hum maybe just as well as we wouldn't have been able to use it anyway with CV going raj and shutting down continental touring. :cry: Well that's got that off my chest, back to dreaming folks.
That's a bummer but "hey ho" you still have a nice van with a big garage ;)

Martin

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
This thread is like a parallel universe to me, and being new to motorhoming my 50k Adria Sonic is my world to me and will take a few years to be wholly mine BUT, I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and been a bit worried over my work situation over the last couple of days (but ok now for the foreseeable). I’m sure We ALL can’t wait for all this virus crap to be over first, THEN Martin and others can pick their new Moho’s up!!
I was looking forward to meeting him at Peterborough and having look at it (well the outside anyway??) I will continue to follow the thread as I can use it as research for when my numbers come up!!
Stay safe and the day we have all been waiting for will surely come?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This thread is like a parallel universe to me, and being new to motorhoming my 50k Adria Sonic is my world to me and will take a few years to be wholly mine BUT, I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and been a bit worried over my work situation over the last couple of days (but ok now for the foreseeable). I’m sure We ALL can’t wait for all this virus crap to be over first, THEN Martin and others can pick their new Moho’s up!!
I was looking forward to meeting him at Peterborough and having look at it (well the outside anyway??) I will continue to follow the thread as I can use it as research for when my numbers come up!!
Stay safe and the day we have all been waiting for will surely come?
We might still get to "catch up" at Peterborough (y) just a different month. Hope all stays good with work.

Martin

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Well I should have picked mine up yesterday from Premium but have had to put that on hold until the lockdown has been lifted ?? but we all need to stay safe in these unsettling times

Dave.
I could have walked up there and picked up for you???

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
??? that would have been very handy, shame I haven’t got the mountain of instruction manuals to browse whilst at home ??
You could always get them posted to ya, I’m only a 10 min walk away and I would take very good care bringing it to you, I’m a very careful driver but very slow, it would probably take around 6 weeks to get it to you ?????

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You could always get them posted to ya, I’m only a 10 min walk away and I would take very good care bringing it to you, I’m a very careful driver but very slow, it would probably take around 6 weeks to get it to you ?????
It’s not a dump truck you know;)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
??? that would have been very handy, shame I haven’t got the mountain of instruction manuals to browse whilst at home ??
Dave on a serious note I do download probably 95% of my user manuals in PDF format so I do not need such a large box on the van and they are easily searchable for key words. Most OEM kit manuals are available online for download from the manufacturers site. If not, and for me this is only one, I scan to PDF the important bits. Searching a PDF for a key word is so much easier and just finding the manual on the laptop is easier than lugging it down from a storage compartment. I also then have a set wherever I have my laptop. But maybe you do all this anyway?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So glad this thread is seeing action again.

I normally keep an eye on mobile.de but havent been bothering the last 10 days or so but went on yesterday and there are actually a few new ones on there - even private ads.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Jon

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So glad this thread is seeing action again.

I normally keep an eye on mobile.de but havent been bothering the last 10 days or so but went on yesterday and there are actually a few new ones on there - even private ads.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Jon
I know I am a bit of a saddo Jon but have a look at the chassis on this Flair, oo err Mrs.

Broken Link Removed

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I know I am a bit of a saddo Jon but have a look at the chassis on this Flair, oo err Mrs.

Broken Link Removed
Blimey. It’s only done about 15000 miles. Cleaner underside than many are on top,! Nice looking van.

Very well-kept owner vehicle with original 24,500 km, shower not used, new toilet not used . Vehicle was always in a hall. No winter operation. Used by married couple without children and without pets. NP € 138,000.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Blimey. It’s only done about 15000 miles. Cleaner underside than many are on top,! Nice looking van.

Very well-kept owner vehicle with original 24,500 km, shower not used, new toilet not used . Vehicle was always in a hall. No winter operation. Used by married couple without children and without pets. NP € 138,000.
It's a lovely looking thing indeed but only 1,700kg payload ;)

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Broken Link Removed
Nice one Martin, I think you may have found a kindred spirit there :LOL: although if he's that fussy I'm surprised he's happy with a Agile.

This Clou popped up single beds and a 6 cylinder MAN chassis

Broken Link Removed

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
jongood Yes saw that Jon and nearly posted it for but thought 2003 was a bit old for you, such a shame they didn't carry this Liner in production a little bit longer than they did.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think its the walkway between the beds that has restricted it Jon, Vario do the same and it's a shame as it spoils the garage, for thee and me anyway.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back