LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Should I suggest it is probably best to close this thread guys? Is it really appropriate to what's going on, with potentially millions being made unemployed, to discuss the minutiae of how to spend a few hundred £K.

Discuss it amongst yourselves. Best wishes. :)
Sorry John, I can't agree it's a Motorhome forum all they are doing is discussing Motorhomes. Maybe out of my price range but I still enjoy it & if Andrew does order one it will help the guys at Morelo keep their jobs.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Sorry John, I can't agree it's a Motorhome forum all they are doing is discussing Motorhomes. Maybe out of my price range but I still enjoy it & if Andrew does order one it will help the guys at Morelo keep their jobs.
Unfortunately Andrew left the forum!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I was feeling a bit liverish that day I think but at least my contribution helped nudge the thread to over 500 posts. I thought they were beginning to struggle when they started swapping photographs of each others hedges and drives. I just introduced a new topic to chew on. :)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Dave on a serious note I do download probably 95% of my user manuals in PDF format so I do not need such a large box on the van and they are easily searchable for key words. Most OEM kit manuals are available online for download from the manufacturers site. If not, and for me this is only one, I scan to PDF the important bits. Searching a PDF for a key word is so much easier and just finding the manual on the laptop is easier than lugging it down from a storage compartment. I also then have a set wherever I have my laptop. But maybe you do all this anyway?
I have most manuals online for the likes of Alde, Mastervolt, Dometic etc but none for Morelo Palace, do they do any online?

Cheers Dave

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Nice one Martin, I think you may have found a kindred spirit there :LOL: although if he's that fussy I'm surprised he's happy with a Agile.

This Clou popped up single beds and a 6 cylinder MAN chassis

Broken Link Removed

Now that looks immaculate Jon, lovely motorhome
Would love one of the 650 models of the same era couldn't find any so settled on the Concorde 2005

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was feeling a bit liverish that day I think but at least my contribution helped nudge the thread to over 500 posts. I thought they were beginning to struggle when they started swapping photographs of each others hedges and drives. I just introduced a new topic to chew on. :)
Yes indeed it contributed a handful of replies but sadly made some people very uncomfortable about posting and put a big dampener on the thread. The discussion of access is very pertinent to owners or perspective owners of larger vans ;)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have most manuals online for the likes of Alde, Mastervolt, Dometic etc but none for Morelo Palace, do they do any online?

Cheers Dave
I've got my Palace Liner manual which covers more Palace than Liner. I have your email so I will send it to you. I also had it printed by Dox Direct for pennies too, as Morelo only now give you a USB stick!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Now that looks immaculate Jon, lovely motorhome
Would love one of the 650 models of the same era couldn't find any so settled on the Concorde 2005
I love that era of Clous, particularly that model which to my eyes is the nicest front on any mh Ive seen and they will fit under my port without modification but think I'm more likely to end up with a Concorde because you get more usable interior space and larger garage for the size of it (you ve seen what our lane is like), spin the seats around without the hump in the way.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I love that era of Clous, particularly that model which to my eyes is the nicest front on any mh Ive seen and they will fit under my port without modification but think I'm more likely to end up with a Concorde because you get more usable interior space and larger garage for the size of it (you ve seen what our lane is like), spin the seats around without the hump in the way.
Is the Concorde on a truck taller than a Clou then Jon?

Martin

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Well, state of the Euro, you could consider buying British and save some UK jobs?...

Going to SORN mine now, given up hope of going anywhere in the next 3 months

RS Elysian.jpg

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Not bothered about the age Martin but the garage looks a bit on the small side to me, unusual that with single beds?
Nice Phoenix cabover on de Jon bargain price and on a MAN only downer its auto

Attachments

• phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 21
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Is the Concorde on a truck taller than a Clou then Jon?

Martin
about 150mm depending on model. Ironically a daily based Charisma would fit but the metre longer wheelbase probably wouldnt get around the corner. And I want a heavier chassis, more torque etc.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Nice Phoenix cabover on de Jon bargain price and on a MAN only downer its auto
Hi Tony, yes I've noticed some good coachbuilts about but don't like the lack of view through the front. Prepared to compromise on the auto although would rather have a manual, Interesting MB based vario on there with 6 speed and a splitter, that would be fun.

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Your right about the view you need to be able to see through the living room window in the uk on roundabouts or always have the wife with you thats what puts me of the liners with the drop down driver seat but could fit a camera still like that phoenix :giggle:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Well, state of the Euro, you could consider buying British and save some UK jobs?...
THAT my friend is one impressive Moho!!!
Yet another one within 10 mins of my house!!????
At least when my numbers come up I won’t have to trawl the country for a quality moho????

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I've got my Palace Liner manual which covers more Palace than Liner. I have your email so I will send it to you. I also had it printed by Dox Direct for pennies too, as Morelo only now give you a USB stick!
That’s great Michael, many thanks ?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
THAT my friend is one impressive Moho!!!
Yet another one within 10 mins of my house!!????
At least when my numbers come up I won’t have to trawl the country for a quality moho????
That, of course, is a promo photo but here it is looking sad and stationary next til the house...

IMG_6073.jpeg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Your right about the view you need to be able to see through the living room window in the uk on roundabouts or always have the wife with you thats what puts me of the liners with the drop down driver seat but could fit a camera still like that phoenix :giggle:

I meant the view out of the front when you re parked up but that too

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Although I have absolutely no intention of buying a Morelo I have been enjoying this thread.
Just had a big catch up and am sad to see that Andrew has left the forum.
As others have said, this is a motorhome forum and no one should feel uncomfortable about discussing them no matter what the price.
Under the surface of the difficult times we are in many of us will be dreaming about the time we can get away again in our vans.
A bit of day dreaming, even about vans we might not be able to afford, can’t be a bad thing.............can it?

Come back Blue Knight and continue your quest.

Richard.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
This might make you smile.

The reason for that photo with the lockers open (and I have a matching one of the other side with the lockers open) is that it is on a laminated sheet with a list of what is in which locker because I can never remember - as you can see from the photo there are 5 doors and 10 lockers - 5 of which are winterised so remembering is a first world problem. :LOL:

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

Morelo does provide a heavy zip-up A4 sized fabric box (branded of course) with all the paper manuals down to the last tiny detailed piece of kit. I too like a pdf format (nice to zoom in on some details) so have slowly created my own digital library which is stored on my Morelo hard drive on-board the MH. Of course, it simply isn't possible to obtain every little bit of info online and, as products go end-of-life, these files will disappear online.

They now have a range of simple do-it-yourself videos too which are helpful.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
.... at least my contribution helped nudge the thread to over 500 posts. I thought they were beginning to struggle when they started swapping photographs of each others hedges and drives. I just introduced a new topic to chew on. :)

I think it might actually have nothing whatsoever to do with the thread struggling but more to do with having an alternative place to chat solely about the brand and our MH's. It's known as the 'Morelo Owners UK' forum where we can chat and where we are sure not to be pilloried by others feeling 'liverish' (whatever that means).

We are not short of topics to 'chew on' over there either but thanks for your assistance anyway.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This might make you smile.

The reason for that photo with the lockers open (and I have a matching one of the other side with the lockers open) is that it is on a laminated sheet with a list of what is in which locker because I can never remember - as you can see from the photo there are 5 doors and 10 lockers - 5 of which are winterised so remembering is a first world problem. :LOL:
Looks like a serious amount of storage there no wonder you get confused.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Looks like a serious amount of storage there no wonder you get confused.
As you prob know I have just come from an Elddis 255 with a cubby hole for a garage, to my lovely Sonic A class with a garage, so I started filling it up with my stuff thinking I’m never gonna fill it, anyhow I’ve manage to get a healthy amount of stuff in, standing back admiring my handy work then thought “s##t” where’s my bikes gonna go???
So now I think NO garage can be too big??

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As you prob know I have just come from an Elddis 255 with a cubby hole for a garage, to my lovely Sonic A class with a garage, so I started filling it up with my stuff thinking I’m never gonna fill it, anyhow I’ve manage to get a healthy amount of stuff in, standing back admiring my handy work then thought “s##t” where’s my bikes gonna go???
So now I think NO garage can be too big??
You just need a Palace with a car garage but don't bother with the car, I know of somebody who full times and made an office in the garage, a total waste of garage space in my book but needs must I guess, I think she worked from inside the van.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back