Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thats me wrong on two counts then as I thought they were all the "life" wood

You're right on everything else though sir.

Fickies like me do have to spend time scrutinizing the differences between the Jubillee and conventional models though - it soon adds up on the wallet.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You're right on everything else though sir.

Fickies like me do have to spend time scrutinizing the differences between the Jubillee and conventional models though - it soon adds up on the wallet.
I don't think I have ever seen a price/option list for the Jubilee edition, do they all have front beds? I don't think they will get the new locker hinges and catches ;) I like the red logo and the silver on the sides along with the illuminated front badge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Anybody got a feel for what discount % one could expect buying a Morelo or Concorde secondhand in Germany? Both from Dealer and Private, as answers may be different.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

I think the simple answer is "it depends" as in,

is the starting price realistic or overpriced for an offer, I think vans are flying out of dealers in Germany same as they are in the UK

is the van desirable? a nice van may not be hanging around long at the moment so you might not find many sellers who are looking for offers.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Anybody got a feel for what discount % one could expect buying a Morelo or Concorde secondhand in Germany? Both from Dealer and Private, as answers may be different.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

We went quite a way down the track with Niesmann Carvanning for a MAN based Charisma last year. Our arto was LHD so p/ex was an option. There was a discount but not much, they were keener to fit extras rather than chop the price but then they assessed our arto and found a couple of things that needed doing and we found ourselves negotiating about the difference.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I don't think I have ever seen a price/option list for the Jubilee edition, do they all have front beds? I don't think they will get the new locker hinges and catches ;) I like the red logo and the silver on the sides along with the illuminated front badge.

I'm trying to find my invoice Martin so that I can compare the two (I have the Palace and the Loft versions). If I remember correctly there's a few things on the conventional list which is not available to the Jubilee models (A c.€20K difference in total).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm trying to find my invoice Martin so that I can compare the two (I have the Palace and the Loft versions). If I remember correctly there's a few things on the conventional list which is not available to the Jubilee models (A c.€20K difference in total).
If you get the chance to have a go in a Loft Liner I am intrigued to know how it drives, its on the Eurocargo truck chassis for anybody that is interested, 4 cylinder is under 7500kg and OK payload the 6 cylinder is over 7500kg but again payload OK.

Its too early for me to start looking yet ;)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
The new vans have now arrived at Premium. I saw this advert the other day but forgot to post-up.

Any buyer should be able to achieve a 6-8% discount so that'll bring the final price down a bit :blusher:

Exchange rate @ 1.10

2 x Lithiums included so what a bargain.

View attachment 441421
Wondering why Premiums in stock Morelos have been increased by 10% from this listing, bit early to impose tariffs!! This Palace now £313,900 pounds not euros.!

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wondering why Premiums in stock Morelos have been increased by 10% from this listing, bit early to impose tariffs!!
I think somebody has possibly messed up the advert, if you click on the Palace 90M and scroll down it says list price for standard model is €345,300 and Jubilee special edition €314,145 but they have put the standard price against the in stock Jubilee special.

Anyway a bargain at either price😉 Don't dither any more as they may go up another 10%, well for sure they won't go down.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
I think somebody has possibly messed up the advert, if you click on the Palace 90M and scroll down it says list price for standard model is €345,300 and Jubilee special edition €314,145 but they have put the standard price against the in stock Jubilee special.

Anyway a bargain at either price😉 Don't dither any more as they may go up another 10%, well for sure they won't go down.
Martin maybe mistake but all 3 ‘in stock‘gone up by 10%.
Bargain:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Same as my spelling of your name Martin, sorry.😀
No Home still same so 2 not 3 in stock ,

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Same as my spelling of your name Martin, sorry.😀
No Home still same so 2 not 3 in stock ,
So I think for some reason they have changed the prices to show list for standard van not Jubilee special, eye watering all the same ;)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
We are taking or max 3.5tonne by 6 metre coach built 2.3m wide to Skye and the onto Inverness and back down to Edinburgh. I note in my AtoZ road maps that the A890 north of Stromeferry is shown as narrow with passing places up to Attadale, and beyond after the junction with A896. I wonder if this is wise in view of the above comments.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are taking or max 3.5tonne by 6 metre coach built 2.3m wide to Skye and the onto Inverness and back down to Edinburgh. I note in my AtoZ road maps that the A890 north of Stromeferry is shown as narrow with passing places up to Attadale, and beyond after the junction with A896. I wonder if this is wise in view of the above comments.

Wrong thread?

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Heads up chap's !! New legislation came in earlier this year. Any Mo-Ho over 3.5Kgs ( 3 ton ) is not now class 4 or 7 !! The vehicle is now classed as a " LIVE IN " vehicle by d DVSA .As such has to have new paperwork from them,,VTG1 form (£91.00 ) plus test fee, downloadable & printed (or sent in the Post ) Particularly if the so called 'GARAGE' houses a Car or Motorcycle's .Iv,e just been caught out by this new legislation and awaiting an Ministry approved HGV Test Station appointment !!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Heads up chap's !! New legislation came in earlier this year. Any Mo-Ho over 3.5Kgs ( 3 ton ) is not now class 4 or 7 !! The vehicle is now classed as a " LIVE IN " vehicle by d DVSA .As such has to have new paperwork from them,,VTG1 form (£91.00 ) plus test fee, downloadable & printed (or sent in the Post ) Particularly if the so called 'GARAGE' houses a Car or Motorcycle's .Iv,e just been caught out by this new legislation and awaiting an Ministry approved HGV Test Station appointment !!
No it isnt, your tester is wrong, if it says Motorcaravan etc on the V5 thats what it is. A living vehicle is a horsebox.

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Just had confirmation from DVSA (AGAIN) .Yes any vehicle with a space to carry a CAR/MOTORCYCLE/HORSE etc HAS to have the correct M.O.T qualification of a "VTG1" test etc a telephone number ,,01156-713129 has been given for any queries .

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just had confirmation from DVSA (AGAIN) .Yes any vehicle with a space to carry a CAR/MOTORCYCLE/HORSE etc HAS to have the correct M.O.T qualification of a "VTG1" test etc a telephone number ,,01156-713129 has been given for any queries .
You can get a honda monkey motorcycle in just about any large suv car, it doesn’t make sense, just because you “can” doesn’t mean you “will” 🤷‍♂️
I will turn up as usual for the usual MOT👍

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I don’t know how you phrased your question to DVSA but what you're referring to is whether a Motorhome over 3.5 tonnes is a living van or not, the wording in the C&U regulations is poorly written in my opinion but I'll post it below anyway.

living vana vehicle used primarily as living accommodation by one or more persons, and which is not also used for the carriage of goods or burden which are not needed by such one or more persons for the purpose of their residence in the vehicle.

So questions, is a motorhome primarily living accommodation or is it temporary accommodation whilst touring?

And which is not also used for the carriage of goods or burden which are not needed by such persons for the purpose of their residence in the vehicle.

That to me reads that a living van is a van that doesn't carry goods or burden except for stuff required for living in it.

It seems to me that this legislation is intended to ensure that itinerant workers have a place to live whilst working which doesn't carry commercial goods/tools etc. Only equipment necessary to live in it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that living vans under 3.5 tonnes don't require an mot at all but ones over that require plating as per an hgv.

What do you all think?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What does it say on your V5? If it say Motorcaravan then its a motorhome.

On a separate note, this has nothing at all to do with the title of the thread so maybe you should start a new one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back