Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I’m looking for a new MH but just don’t get why I’d spend so much as this

There’s a 2016 model for sale for £200k (not saying it’s identical)https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/buyers-guide/motorhomes/details/90-g/132808

So in 4 years you’ve burned £80k ish, plus running costs so potentially £35k per annum.

I‘m not bothered about the size issue, as I’ve driven bigger US MH’s for events etc, but £280k would buy a 3 bed house where I live in 2016 (I’ve got 19 of them) you’d get £9.12k per annum in rental return and today the house would be worth £340k so you’d be £96k up less running costs.

So exclude running costs on both the Morelo and the house you’d be £176k better off, that’s enough for a £96k motorhome and £20k in holidays each of the 4 years.
But in reality they most likely paid closer to £200k for it in 2016 so that messes your sums up ;)

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If Premium were able to sell at the higher prices, why are they reducing the prices now/
They are really only messing about with the exchange rate as the € price is still the same so again it all comes down to what you can buy € at.

M

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Did we pay too much for the Morelo from premium not sure but I’ve always stated that something is worth what someone is prepared to pay.
In my opinion we paid its value and our trade in was a good price, the dealer was happy (I think they may have been walking on air as they sold the 2 Morelo’s in stock on the same day) and we are happy.
Actually we are bloody ecstatic 😄😄😄😄.
On the plus side we liked the spec/layout layout on the vehicle with only having to add a couple of extra essentials. (1 more solar panel and s&p levelling system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Did we pay too much for the Morelo from premium not sure but I’ve always stated that something is worth what someone is prepared to pay.
In my opinion we paid its value and our trade in was a good price, the dealer was happy (I think they may have been walking on air as they sold the 2 Morelo’s in stock on the same day) and we are happy.
Actually we are bloody ecstatic 😄😄😄😄.
On the plus side we liked the spec/layout layout on the vehicle with only having to add a couple of extra essentials. (1 more solar panel and s&p levelling system.
It’s only money, and you wanted it, nothing more matters😏 I saw the Palace had gone off the web site.

Martin

Apr 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Converted transit
Exp
Guys,

I really need to ask this question as I'm intrigued by the whole Morelo-thing.

Here goes: How would a motorhome simpleton like me go about buying a Morelo?

On the surface it may seem to be a silly question but how does one go from owning a normal/average MoHo to the purchase of a Liner.

I just don't get it. Ive checked out the 'brochure from hell' and, after an hour of reading it, I still couldn't ascertain whether or not the final unit price included a loo......or a bed.......or a steering wheel......or wing mirrors.

Is this one of those purchases whereby you first have to go and live with Martin, Peter or Michael in one of their spare rooms of their homes for a month before you have a smidge of an idea on what you'll get for your dosh.

........so, in conclusion, can someone paint me a picture, preferably by numbers, of how a chap goes about unravelling the secret world of the Morelo price list because I've not got a clue.

Thanks chaps,

Andrew

In my experience you ask your PA to sort it for you and produce a report summarising the pros and cons of particular models.
(oh, and again in my experience,be sure to shout at them if none meet expectation 🤣🤣)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In my experience you ask your PA to sort it for you and produce a report summarising the pros and cons of particular models.
(oh, and again in my experience,be sure to shout at them if none meet expectation 🤣🤣)
You better hope your PA has good taste otherwise it could be an expensive mistake, my PA is a soft furnishings and bathroom space sort of a girl so the technical differences didn't really come through in her report, but it was too late anyway she had put down a deposit on my behalf ;)

Martin

Apr 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Converted transit
Exp
You better hope your PA has good taste otherwise it could be an expensive mistake, my PA is a soft furnishings and bathroom space sort of a girl so the technical differences didn't really come through in her report, but it was too late anyway she had put down a deposit on my behalf ;)

Martin
Flipping irritating when they fill your office with cushions isn't it?

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

If you've got the specific van which you wanted and are happy with the price you paid then it's a win-win IMO.

Yes, you probably paid over the odds for it compared to the German in-stock Home vans but you also had the convenience of dropping one van off and picking up the next from a local dealer - some people pay many thousands extra for that privilege.

The only thing that I would say about the pricing guide is that I've never understood why Premium Motorhomes had the Home 82 priced at £221,000 for so long when the same spec'd 'in-stock' van in Germany would cost £170,000 equivalent (both prices before offers) and based on a 1.10 exchange rate

If my research into Morelos has shown me anything then it's that the following rules applies:

1. Pre-order in Germany or UK (the longer the lead time the better) to get a fantastic deal/reduction on RRP.

2. If buying an 'in-stock' model then always buy from Germany and save 10's of thousands.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are looking at prices in German dealers remember to add 4% vat to come into the UK(y)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If you are looking at prices in German dealers remember to add 4% vat to come into the UK(y)

Martin
I havn't read up on the VAT changes in Germany other than a new one if delivered before December benifited from a reduction so some people will be jumping with glee. Never worked out what would happen if you bought second hand?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I havn't read up on the VAT changes in Germany other than a new one if delivered before December benifited from a reduction so some people will be jumping with glee. Never worked out what would happen if you bought second hand?
Guess it might depend on Private or dealer ;)

M

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
The new vans have now arrived at Premium. I saw this advert the other day but forgot to post-up.

Any buyer should be able to achieve a 6-8% discount so that'll bring the final price down a bit :blusher:

Exchange rate @ 1.10

2 x Lithiums included so what a bargain.

Screenshot_20201117-143021_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Pretty sure that includes around 8% off list.

I've based my figures on our own 2021 pre-order invoice for a Jubille Edition 90M so I reckon a 6-8% is available off that list price.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Who buys a German in the UK, not me.
I would have rather bought from the UK dealer but there was a waiting list until next April and I thought if the factory shut down again it would be summer before I see it.
The one I bought from Germany last month has 95% of the spec I was looking for and at a cracking price so went and got that.
I’m not a waiting around sort of person😁

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Possibly but most I’ve seen with a decent spec seem to be around the €340-350k range.
Not looked at the spec on this so cannot day.

Yes, you're correct but the Jubille Editions have a very competitive price-point when compared to a conventional 90M. The 90M in its usual guise would push the price beyond the £300K point as per your figures.

We have quotes for both so can compare.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes, you're correct but the Jubille Editions have a very competitive price-point when compared to a conventional 90M. The 90M in its usual guise would push the price beyond the £300K point as per your figures.

I thought you were buying a barge?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I thought 15% was the going rate on Morelo's.
Not in my experience Lenny, you might get a deal if you are buying a grand Empire and it's been a quiet few months on the sales front, don't quote me though.

Who buys a German in the UK, not me.
There are some valid reasons but you have to screw down a good deal as couple of % can be a lot of money.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The new vans have now arrived at Premium. I saw this advert the other day but forgot to post-up.

Any buyer should be able to achieve a 6-8% discount so that'll bring the final price down a bit :blusher:

Exchange rate @ 1.10

2 x Lithiums included so what a bargain.

View attachment 441421
Better paying for that in € rather than accepting the 1.10 rate and then discounting £ price.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Think you are limited on the options and spec with the 10yr edition, for starters I don't think you can have a bar version.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I thought 15% was the going rate on Morelo's.
The best offer I had at Stuttgart in 2018 was 16.25% however I just wasn't comfortable with the dealer, nothing sinister just did not grab me as competent. So I settled on another dealer at 15%, which is what I got off the Flair in 2014. Not sure if you can get the same in the current situation, but a German told me that 12% is a minimum in run of the mill negotiations so my achievement is no evidence of my negotiation prowess. Of course buying in the UK is a whole different ball game which despite 2 attempts with the sole dealers in each case was an exercise in futility.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back