Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Super pictures only 2weeks we’re on our way ,when I see your pictures it makes me realise why I love the area so much.we first went down there in 73 with a couple who’d been going since 55 they only stopped 3 years ago ,we learnt a lot off them you never forget do you.This was motorcycling touring at its best.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
Well today didn’t quite go to plan, arrived at the Stellplatz at Dinkelsbühl and no space unless we were about 7.5m and we are not, tried another very close by but closed 🤔 moved on towards Fussen but decided to try the one at Ulm, full 😮 but luckily there is a lot of overflow space in the car park that you can use, so €14 and sorted.
Nice bumping into you you and Jen at Fussen, we went on to Dinkelsbühl and managed to park in p2 the new one, but the back end was hanging right accross a central bit, they were packed in like sardines- barely enough room to open doors, I know our van is far smaller than yours but still 8m. and anything larger would really strugle in there, the Pentacost celebrations we happening that weekend, We then went up to Rothenburg and the same got paked in P2 fine but later in the day is was packed and people parked outside of bays everywhere as the same celebrations were happeng with 750 years celebrations.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Bit of a ride around today just to get our bearings, 32 miles total and we rode into Austria but no Go-Box required on the tandem😏
View attachment 898092
Lots of photo opportunities,

View attachment 898094
Lovely scenery everywhere you look,

View attachment 898091
And then🤔 but no it didn’t rain.

View attachment 898093

Really struggling with phone signal so TBC.
Had to check the registration of the Euramobil just then. Thought someone was holidaying in my van

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yesterday we got the train into Munich, we weren’t blown away by the place actually but some interesting bits all the same,
IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2757.jpeg

Just on the edge of the park they have created an artificial surf wave so you can stand on a busy city street and watch people surfing 😀

IMG_2761.jpeg

A few car manufacturers have shops showing their latest creations, above is the Lucid air, nice car and good range apparently (prefer this over Tesla),
IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

This is of course just a concept,

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

Other than that not much to report other than we have booked a factory tour and museum visit at BMW welt so back on the train.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yesterday we got the train into Munich, we weren’t blown away by the place actually but some interesting bits all the same,
View attachment 900376
View attachment 900377
View attachment 900378
Just on the edge of the park they have created an artificial surf wave so you can stand on a busy city street and watch people surfing 😀

View attachment 900379
A few car manufacturers have shops showing their latest creations, above is the Lucid air, nice car and good range apparently (prefer this over Tesla),
View attachment 900380
View attachment 900381
This is of course just a concept,

View attachment 900382
View attachment 900383
Other than that not much to report other than we have booked a factory tour and museum visit at BMW welt so back on the train.
We spend an hour sitting in the sun watching them surf, it’s amazing👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We were taken around Munich many years ago,at least 40 by the station master of Munich all the sites then as we passed the football stadium he said you beat us here twice ,we thought World Cup yes .Then he said you bomb us🤭

You should have sent him for a tour of Coventry :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well the BMW factory tour was interesting but no photos allowed so you will have to do it for yourselves, they have 500 truck deliveries per day😮 and as they are expanding the lines and rebuilding they have another 300 per day🤔

They produce 1000 cars per day😃 a mix of IC, hybrid and pure electric, in 2026 the Munich factory will be 100% electric,

IMG_2765.jpeg

The factory is right next to the Olympic park which is interesting in itself,
IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2773.jpeg

This one not quite electric yet😉
IMG_2772.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

This was all just in the foyer and free to enter, the factory tour was €14 each for about 2 1/2 hours.

I couldn’t risk the camera lens on some of their offerings but as a BMW driver I have to say they produce some pig ugly cars😃

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Another day another Stellplatz 😉 this time Königsbrunn just South of Augsburg, on the romantic road apparently but to me it is the birthplace of the Diesel engine and also the home of the artificial canoe slalom course that was built for the 1972 years olympics (I have been down the course but mostly swimming 🤔) hopefully visit on Sunday so photos to follow, jongood hvr you been to the MAN museum Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg, might have to stop till at least Tuesday to do that as Jen loves a engine museum 🤔 oh there is also a Mazda museum😊

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Another day another Stellplatz 😉 this time Königsbrunn just South of Augsburg, on the romantic road apparently but to me it is the birthplace of the Diesel engine and also the home of the artificial canoe slalom course that was built for the 1972 years olympics (I have been down the course but mostly swimming 🤔) hopefully visit on Sunday so photos to follow, jongood hvr you been to the MAN museum Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg, might have to stop till at least Tuesday to do that as Jen loves a engine museum 🤔 oh there is also a Mazda museum😊
I didnt know they had one, its on the list now!

Its a toss up between Merc at Stutgart and Sinsheim for my favourite German Museums, Zylinderhaus probably coming in 3rd. I like BMW but found the museum a bit lacking ( although 15 years ago). Mazda could be interesting, for the engine everyone thought was amazing but few wanted to buy.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I didnt know they had one, its on the list now!

Its a toss up between Merc at Stutgart and Sinsheim for my favourite German Museums, Zylinderhaus probably coming in 3rd. I like BMW but found the museum a bit lacking ( although 15 years ago). Mazda could be interesting, for the engine everyone thought was amazing but few wanted to buy.
I agree about the BMW museum Jon but the factory tour was worth €14 Sinsheim was good but the Louwman in the Netherlands tops them all, even Kaye enjoyed it😏 might give the Mazda a looking at as it’s not a lot of money.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice day out in Augsburg 😊

IMG_2781.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

They call this “the golden hall” not sure why😏 it’s in the Rathaus.

IMG_2782.jpeg

All the relief plaster work is actually just painted on but is very convincing.

IMG_2786.jpeg

Next stop the Mazda museum,

IMG_2788.jpeg
IMG_2787.jpeg

I had to put Jen in the picture just to add some perspective to the size of these cars,

IMG_2789.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg

I don’t know about anyone else but other than the doors this shouts Ford RS 200 to me 🤔

IMG_2793.jpeg

This was a pretty looking thing 😊

IMG_2792.jpeg
IMG_2791.jpeg

This is a limited edition lightweight MX-5, the bonnet is aluminium and the silver colour moulded parts are actually aluminium coated woven fibreglass.

And finally we visited the Schaezler Palace, the city residence of an obviously wealthy banker,

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2798.jpeg

The rococo banqueting hall was totally OTT,

IMG_2796.jpeg

Nice bit of inflated marquetry though,

IMG_2797.jpeg

And apparently this is an art installation 😃 I thought they hadn’t unwrapped it yet but goes to show I know nothing about art.

Still plenty to do and a nice city so I can thoroughly recommend Augsburg.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Nice day out in Augsburg 😊

View attachment 901208
View attachment 901209
They call this “the golden hall” not sure why😏 it’s in the Rathaus.

View attachment 901210
All the relief plaster work is actually just painted on but is very convincing.

View attachment 901233
Next stop the Mazda museum,

View attachment 901232View attachment 901229
I had to put Jen in the picture just to add some perspective to the size of these cars,

View attachment 901230View attachment 901231
I don’t know about anyone else but other than the doors this shouts Ford RS 200 to me 🤔

View attachment 901235
This was a pretty looking thing 😊

View attachment 901236View attachment 901237
This is a limited edition lightweight MX-5, the bonnet is aluminium and the silver colour moulded parts are actually aluminium coated woven fibreglass.

And finally we visited the Schaezler Palace, the city residence of an obviously wealthy banker,

View attachment 901251
View attachment 901252
The rococo banqueting hall was totally OTT,

View attachment 901254
Nice bit of inflated marquetry though,

View attachment 901253
And apparently this is an art installation 😃 I thought they hadn’t unwrapped it yet but goes to show I know nothing about art.

Still plenty to do and a nice city so I can thoroughly recommend Augsburg.

What awful taste, Not you Martin and Jen - the banker who owned the Palace. Was his name 'Trump' by any chance?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What awful taste, Not you Martin and Jen - the banker who owned the Palace. Was his name 'Trump' by any chance?
No he was called Liebert von Liebenhofen, the workmanship and the sheer amount of carving is equally as staggering as the ? I am reluctant to say “lack of taste” as of course things were different in the 1760’s, I suppose if you have a Palace you are a bit of a show off anyway 😏

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Mazda museum looks interesting. Im trying to read the sign on the R360, wondering if it was a rotary but looks like it was a v twin? Cosmo Sport also looks interesting, according to Wikipedia the first Mazda to use a rotary engine.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ive often wondered whether we will see the return of the rotary to power hybrids, would lend itself pretty well and surely they could come up with a better material for the rotor tips these days.
V twin Jon, the rotary didn’t come in till a bit later I think, you are right that the rotor tips always seemed to be a problem but I believe they were never as fuel efficient as they were supposed to be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back