MORELO bound (again) (4 Viewers)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
It’s a term of endearment to describe a Harley Davidson, usually rubbished by people that’s never ridden one👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
You’re correct as I haven’t but rode several other V twins, this is my latest. 😎
IMG_7407.jpeg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
would you have a rear lounge layout ? It’s not for me but someone must love them.
Couldnt agree more Brian, we rented one in NZ and it was awful, if the weathers not good your stuck looking inwards, trying to see through dirty side windows and because they more upright its difficult to lounge and there's nowhere in most of them for the scooter etc to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yep, exactly how I described it when I drove one about 3 years ago. It also seemed very loud. The only advantage over the Merc was the ability to spec the removable steering wheel with the Ivecos’ which is not available on the Merc. However, I later found that the automatic retraction of the Merc wheel creates enough space to turn the driver seat freely. I see that Morelo have now dropped the Iveco option in the Palace range, only Merc option from this year.
Did you try the 4 or 6 cylinder?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
So today was the day, an appointment with a bank balance busting Loft Liner on 4 cylinder Eurocargo, sorry WESTY66 ours won’t be on the market anytime soon 🤔 Jen did say I could have one if I wanted 👍 but she wasn’t coming with me🤔 might as well take up Jim ’s suggestion and go PVC if that happens.

I know jongood and Dutch 68 amongst others were not convinced about the Eurocargo so now is you chance to say “told you so”😃 compared to our Palace on the Daily chassis it was certainly “agricultural” I know this had more torque but our Daily feels a lot more sporty and sprints through the 8 speed box like a knife through butter, the ride on the Eurocargo was not as composed as ours with full air and active damping, interesting exercise though that had to be done.
Looks like it’s the Merc then Martin🤔

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like it’s the Merc then Martin🤔
To be fair it’s made me realise I never wanted to be a truck driver and a Daily is good enough for me, just need to see what’s new at Düsseldorf 🤔 I’m told big changes but no more than that.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I know that if you need to ask you almost certainly can’t afford it 🤔 which with Morelo is almost certainly true for me 🙂 but out of curiosity how much do the coach built units start from please

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know that if you need to ask you almost certainly can’t afford it 🤔 which with Morelo is almost certainly true for me 🙂 but out of curiosity how much do the coach built units start from please
Bear in mind you need to add a minimum of £50k in options to get a liveable spec, you could easily double that.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David, as Lenny says nobody would order a standard van so I guess around £300k by the time you have some sensible options.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its a nightmare David, so many choices, you can get into serious numbers very quickly,probably before you're totally sure what you orderd, albeit possibly not always a 5 year process 😉

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its a nightmare David, so many choices, you can get into serious numbers very quickly,probably before you're totally sure what you orderd, albeit possibly not always a 5 year process 😉
As long as you order some basics like model and chassis you then have plenty of time to firm up the details, you can even go out to the factory and sit down with one of their sales guys going through all the different options upholstery colours etc etc. Lots of things can be added later of course and now that I know the standard of work four dealers tech guy I would happily let him add more batteries and solar etc.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
New door, step, fridge and oven manufacturers would be a good start👍
I asked Andreas if they had fixed the door problems and he said yes but didn’t sound convinced😀 the fridge is OK if you have a 24v chassis as they can fit Siemens fridge, what’s wrong with your step? Oh yes I remember just needs a bodge (oops sorry that’s a technical term for a bit of DIY)😉

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I asked Andreas if they had fixed the door problems and he said yes but didn’t sound convinced😀 the fridge is OK if you have a 24v chassis as they can fit Siemens fridge, what’s wrong with your step? Oh yes I remember just needs a bodge (oops sorry that’s a technical term for a bit of DIY)😉
Annoying thing is Martin that these manufacturers know about the issues but still use sub-standard third party components for years and I don’t think it’s fair on the owners…
Ok for people like us who can fix it themselves but if you get caught out and have not prepared for it you are in for a lot of messing about.
I did my door in the car park in Rothenburg and the step went when we were in Germany or maybe Switzerland, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later so had the items onboard to fix it.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Annoying thing is Martin that these manufacturers know about the issues but still use sub-standard third party components for years and I don’t think it’s fair on the owners…
Ok for people like us who can fix it themselves but if you get caught out and have not prepared for it you are in for a lot of messing about.
I did my door in the car park in Rothenburg and the step went when we were in Germany or maybe Switzerland, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later so had the items onboard to fix it.
Is that why you want to sell it to me cheap🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🤔😄😄😄😄

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I can’t wait bring it on 😀
OK you can have these then ;)

IMG_2476 (1).jpeg

This is a Grand Empire on Mercedes Actros 1853 so that's 18t and 530 hp, it's only a baby though as the one that was next to him very nearly filled the pitch and they are 13 metre pitches.

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

Been a hot one today about 27 degrees so went for a bike ride to get some breeze, although we have been to the factory a few times we have not explored the area that much but there is loads of cycling, tracks through fields and woods or quiet roads, they all finish with a steep hill back to the Stellplatz though.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

View attachment 892020
This is a Grand Empire on Mercedes Actros 1853 so that's 18t and 530 hp, it's only a baby though as the one that was next to him very nearly filled the pitch and they are 13 metre pitches.

View attachment 892021
View attachment 892022
Been a hot one today about 27 degrees so went for a bike ride to get some breeze, although we have been to the factory a few times we have not explored the area that much but there is loads of cycling, tracks through fields and woods or quiet roads, they all finish with a steep hill back to the Stellplatz though.
That’s more like it lol, upgrade to 26T with rear wheel steer, more slide outs and in anthracite grey and we would get close 😇😎

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No

View attachment 892020

View attachment 892021
View attachment 892022
But there’s a cracking brewery at the bottom to refresh before tackling said hill🍻
IMG_1360.jpeg

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I reckon any big change will be in Colour Options, they keep adding colour here and there and getting away from a big white box would be a big step forward.
If you spend that kind of money then you might as well spend some more on a custom paint scheme of your choice, makes a huge difference, all those top end big white boxes don’t make sense to me👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back