Free Member
Nov 23, 2018
Medway Delta
Funster No
MH
Pilote C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome aboard. Bit unfair if the dog doesnā€™t know whatā€™s happening. Will you show him how to use a tin opener if heā€™s home alone ?
Al :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bruchel

Bruchel

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590 RS
Exp
Newbies
So we picked up the MH last night and the family selling were so helpful. We then had a 65 mile journey home down the M1 and M25. Approaching the M25, youngest (5) says she feels sick. They were both watching a film on the iPad. I told her to switch off the iPad and look for the moon out of the window. A couple of miles onto the M25, she's still feeling sick, saying I'm driving too fast. (65mph). I slowed down to around 50. One mile before our junction, eldest (7) screams "SHE'S BEEN SICK!!!!"
So that's the pristine interior of the MH well and truly christened:cry:o_O
We got home about 11.30pm, and I was up until 3am cleaning the inside. I haven't been able to open it up today to check on the results of my efforts. :sick::oops:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
So we picked up the MH last night and the family selling were so helpful. We then had a 65 mile journey home down the M1 and M25. Approaching the M25, youngest (5) says she feels sick. They were both watching a film on the iPad. I told her to switch off the iPad and look for the moon out of the window. A couple of miles onto the M25, she's still feeling sick, saying I'm driving too fast. (65mph). I slowed down to around 50. One mile before our junction, eldest (7) screams "SHE'S BEEN SICK!!!!"
We got home about 11.30pm, and I was up until 3am cleaning the inside. I haven't been able to open it up today to check on the results of my efforts. :sick::oops:

Welcome to MHoming!

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Donā€™t let this mishap worry you. Children can grow out of motion sickness problems and Iā€™m sure there are measures you can take to help her. Youā€™ll have to Google. I suspect it may not have helped that she was ā€œSO excitedā€œ, it was dark, she was using the iPad and you had been to the MacDonalds drive thru!
Actually, if you had been to the McDonalds drive thru you might be missing the roof of your new motorhome, scraped off by the height restriction barrier.
So you see ... things could be much worse.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome, the journey begins the moment you turn that key :clap: get the kids to do little lists, keeps them involved and helps you double check you have everything. Enjoy

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Welcome from West Sussex.

Hope you've got enough payload to keep pace with your growing girls and all the essential clobber they inevitably bring :LOL: You might struggle a tad if your van is rated at 3500kg.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. šŸ‘

Wyn

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome.

Exciting times (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Welcome to fun Amanda. Just a heads up ..Do you realise you are using up your 5 free posts by saying Hello to a 10month old thread? I'm sure you will have Qs along the way you need answered. The Ā£15 subscription is well worth it for when you run out of free posts. (y)

Amanda1965

Free Member
Apr 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey unicorn Sevil
Welcome to fun Amanda. Just a heads up ..Do you realise you are using up your 5 free posts by saying Hello to a 10month old thread? I'm sure you will have Qs along the way you need answered. The Ā£15 subscription is well worth it for when you run out of free posts. (y)
I had no idea? Oh well, Iā€™ll just be a browser for the time being then? šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Bruchel

Bruchel

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590 RS
Exp
Newbies
Cā€™mon Rachel and Bruce, now this old thread has been revived let us know how it s going for you all ??
Haha! Well, we managed a handful of weekends away, a week down in Lyme Regis and plenty of day trips last year, sussing out how it all works.
It turned out our on board charger hadnā€™t worked since we bought the van, so thatā€™s opened up a can oā€™worms! New Victron mains charger fitted and a Victron B2B just arrived yesterday. Air suspension installed in November together with a tow bar for the new bike rack...... Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ
Oh, and the Poynting Puck 4g and Ballade TV aerials both arrived last week. Did I mention the 9ā€ touch screen Apple Carplay stereo I had installed? Havenā€™t fitted the reversing camera yet... šŸ˜³
Iā€™ve spent the afternoon cleaning the beast today, and Iā€™ve got a busy couple of weeks ahead fitting my new bits.
We might even go away somewhere in it!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you're getting into the swing of being a motorhomer, at least now you will have a bit more freedom to enjoy it.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Haha! Well, we managed a handful of weekends away, a week down in Lyme Regis and plenty of day trips last year, sussing out how it all works.
It turned out our on board charger hadnā€™t worked since we bought the van, so thatā€™s opened up a can oā€™worms! New Victron mains charger fitted and a Victron B2B just arrived yesterday. Air suspension installed in November together with a tow bar for the new bike rack...... Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ
Oh, and the Poynting Puck 4g and Ballade TV aerials both arrived last week. Did I mention the 9ā€ touch screen Apple Carplay stereo I had installed? Havenā€™t fitted the reversing camera yet... šŸ˜³
Iā€™ve spent the afternoon cleaning the beast today, and Iā€™ve got a busy couple of weeks ahead fitting my new bits.
We might even go away somewhere in it!!!
Oh my, yes you really have taken to it ! I get the bit about the bike rack as that is all I have ever used my tow ball for and this past year everybody is well familiar with spending out and longing to ā€œgo away somewhere in itā€ !! Happy travels !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back