MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (27 Viewers)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I hope Ela doesn't spot a Van cat swimming in the lake. I'm not sure which one of them my money would be on in a fight!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
As someone who dispairs at human nature witnessing daily the atrocities of so called civilised people l became somewhat emotional at your post #4375.

Having carried out some form of conversation with this stranger via Google translate, the gentleman then returns with such kind offers of food and substinance, this from someone who probably has very little and nothing else to give and no doubt given the location eaking out a meagre living that offers no more than survival.

I am humbled by his generosity this was a rare moment in time when two people came together in a chance meeting.

B8B3297A-C00C-41AD-9F30-70EA769A87C1.jpeg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Tam are the couple in the yellow van the ones you met before. If not do they chat. They looked chilled out.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Big big storm last night thunder and lightning, it lasted for about 3 hours snow/rain mix.. its weird as I always associated thunder storms with warm weather . And Turkey gets thunder like no where I've ever been , I used to think Greece was bad for storms but there's been some real crackers in Turkey. Dry again today but windy and the wind is freezing 🥶 going to move on again today further round the lake towards van. I want to try and get an oil and filters change done on moby in the next few days too as I've now done 10k miles since buying it last year. The oil is still very clean but I'd rather get it done here anyway . I normally do 12000 mile intervals

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As someone who dispairs at human nature witnessing daily the atrocities of so called civilised people l became somewhat emotional at your post #4375.

Having carried out some form of conversation with this stranger via Google translate, the gentleman then returns with such kind offers of food and substinance, this from someone who probably has very little and nothing else to give and no doubt given the location eaking out a meagre living that offers no more than survival.

I am humbled by his generosity this was a rare moment in time when two people came together in a chance meeting.
It's an honour for them to entertain strangers and gives them more importance in the local community as they can then tell everybody else who,why, what etc, we cycled around Turkey a few times and found the people very friendly.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Remind me again, you travel from Scotland to be away from the freezing temperatures and the winter storms........ ::bigsmile: Great pictures and love reading your travels posts (y)
Yes I do but every year I seem to encounter snow at somepoint. I think it's hard to avoid now if you want to travel longer than 3 months at a time. But still it often means beautiful scenery. I can live with it as long as the roads etc are snow free , and it helps that this van has a good fire for heating

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back