Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Eddie, slightly different but next time you getting head round something, can you also look at how to get a disabled person INTO the motorhome please? My mum needs a wheelchair and the step into the van is too high.

I have put small steps leading up to it but it is still impossible for her to bend her leg. I would love some kind of hoist - a belt that goes round their back (a bit like they have in hospitals to put them into the bath) ... I think. NOt sure and I just can't picture anything to help me pull her up into the van if I get her foot onto the step. :Sad:

Thank you. Joy
hi joy I started another thread for you on this one. What you need is quite feasible and would entail a metal internal framework inside of your existing door bolted to the floor and wall with a 12v winch or hand winch fitted inside to assist in taking the weight but not a dead lift or you run the risk of dragging mum into the step, hee hee. Not sure how much room you have inside. the othe option if mum is able to walk a little is a ramp rather than a step.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have seen small hoists used by severely disabled people. There was a young man who had been in a motorcycle accident that I used to know in Spain that had one fitted to his camper. It was not very big and just folded out like a step. He used the Fiama folding security handle to steady himself whilst the lift was going up and down. The lift travel was only perhaps a foot and he could walk straight in. Haven't a clue were he had it made but perhaps motability or the Disability Information Bureau could give you some help. Sorry cant be more helpfull only than inform you it can be done.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you both very much. Both brilliant ideas for me to look at.

The ramp looks the easiest one doesn't it..... and a joiner is coming in a few weeks to do a job at mum's... he seems pretty good and I will ask about a folding one.....

Thanks again. xx:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back