Mobile phone use in Europe (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
OK, I'm sure there are loads of information about this on the forum but I'm a real novice and really can't understand all the technical gobbledygook that's written in most of the posts so please can somebody give me advice in non-technical terms. My wife and I are soon to take off to Europe and will want to use our phones whilst there, a few phone calls, WhatsApp, and use of various apps, Search for Sites, LPG locator, maps mainly, we won't be watching films but would like to pick up emails. We're with EE who charge £2 a day each to use whilst we're away, 5/6 weeks so will be an expensive extra. I've read about buying SIMs but if we do this I take it we will lose our current phone numbers. If a free roaming charge SIM is the answer, any suggestions? Finally, is it really as simple as taking the current SIMs out and putting the new ones in? I would much appreciate any help and advice that you can give me. Thanks

Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
OK, I'm sure there are loads of information about this on the forum but I'm a real novice and really can't understand all the technical gobbledygook that's written in most of the posts so please can somebody give me advice in non-technical terms. My wife and I are soon to take off to Europe and will want to use our phones whilst there, a few phone calls, WhatsApp, and use of various apps, Search for Sites, LPG locator, maps mainly, we won't be watching films but would like to pick up emails. We're with EE who charge £2 a day each to use whilst we're away, 5/6 weeks so will be an expensive extra. I've read about buying SIMs but if we do this I take it we will lose our current phone numbers. If a free roaming charge SIM is the answer, any suggestions? Finally, is it really as simple as taking the current SIMs out and putting the new ones in? I would much appreciate any help and advice that you can give me. Thanks

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Try Tesco they use O2 no roaming charges much cheaper than using O2 direct and you get points win win👍🏼👍🏼

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, we’re currently half way through a three months trip…we’re on ee.
EE offered a choice of two different sim contracts. We’ve chosen Smart sim, on this you can choose to roam on your ee app and there’s no roaming charge. The other choice is a basic sim, if you contact ee before you go you can add a bolt on for £5 pm. If you don’t contact them it’s £2 a day. This will allow you to use your existing full data allowance each month for a maximum of 3 months.
Hope this helps, just ring 150 from your mobile and they’ll talk you through it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back