Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@Jim , there has been a post on this thread this morning but no alert received.

Because we told you at 2240 last night about changes in that thread. You cleared the alert but did not visit.the thread so when new posts were made this morning, we didn’t tell you. Check all your alerts. You’ll see every time that we have told you. View all and visit them. You only get further alerts when you’ve done that. Every time you think you’ve not been alerted it’s because you’ve missed the previous alert. Easy to do when you are watching so many forums. Why do you watch so many?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My brain hurts ! Are you saying if I get an Alert but do not click on it and then log off it will no longer send mt alerts if people post to that thread?

It's simple really,

If you're watching a thread and someone posts in it; we will alert you. Once we've sent you that alert we won't send you anymore alerts until you've visited the thread.

Once you've revisited the thread and read the posts, we reset everything so then if someone posts again, you get another alert.

The problem people are having is they get so many alerts that they miss them. But once alerted, until they visit the thread we alerted them about they won't get any more alerts, then they'll tell me they are not getting alerts ;)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
upload_2017-10-18_22-54-18.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-18_22-52-57.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-18_22-52-57.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 2

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
It's simple really,

If you're watching a thread and someone posts in it; we will alert you. Once we've sent you that alert we won't send you anymore alerts until you've visited the thread.

Once you've revisited the thread and read the posts, we reset everything so then if someone posts again, you get another alert.

The problem people are having is they get so many alerts that they miss them. But once alerted, until they visit the thread we alerted them about they won't get any more alerts, then they'll tell me they are not getting alerts ;)
Ahhhhhh..... I think I got it - thank you ( to be fair a lot of things make my brain hurt;)(y))

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why do you watch so many?
I didn't know I did, all I do is monitor "Recent" but if you post on a thread it automatically goes on your watch list so I obviously post too often. :)

Now you have explained it, what I often do is I see an alert and think that's not important as it is just a "Like" so I wait for an alert when someone has posted on the thread, and it looks like I don't get it as I didn't visit the thread after getting the "Like" alert.

If I looked at every alert for every "Like" etc., I would never get away from my PC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
If you go to your Alerts box and look at the bottom right of it there is an Alerts Preference link where you can choose what does/doesn't trigger an alert.

Mine is set to Alert every time someone sneezes, or moves towards the bar (y) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back