Missing alerts..... (2 Viewers)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I seem to be not getting some alerts, if I’m watching a thread or have made a reply I seem to get most but on some I don’t.... I’m in a rally thread but didn’t get any alerts even when they quoted my user name...? But I did get an alert that another funster replied to the tread today but several pages and a few days had gone by..... hence missing some important info to me....

Anyone else had this problem...?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I seem to be not getting some alerts, if I’m watching a thread or have made a reply I seem to get most but on some I don’t.... I’m in a rally thread but didn’t get any alerts even when they quoted my user name...? But I did get an alert that another funster replied to the tread today but several pages and a few days had gone by..... hence missing some important info to me....

Anyone else had this problem...?

Yep.......seem a bit 'random'

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes ... I now click on Show All and often finf there are several thst did not show. I feel bad as some sre Quote posts and I have not acknowledged them .

I don't know but THINK the problem could be that when we log off, we don't actually log off straight away so any alerts that occur do not appear automatically when we next log on.

Hope you understand what I meant ... doh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Yes ... I now click on Show All and often finf there are several thst did not show. I feel bad as some sre Quote posts and I have not acknowledged them .

I don't know but THINK the problem could be that when we log off, we don't actually log off straight away so any alerts that occur do not appear automatically when we next log on.

Nope;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

I never log off and it happens to me too.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What I meant was that when we log off at our end, we seem to stay logged on at Jim's end for a little while...

If you ever log off by accident and then go to log on again you are ALREADY logged on ....... and I give up ... I need a cup of tea.... o_O

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When you log off, you are off. When you come back cookie remembers you and logs you in in a nano second. It might appear that you were on but you were off. Is the fridge light on with the door shut? :D

Re the alerts, you only get one, we don't alert you to every message. So you get one alert for new content, you'll get no more till you revisit (y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
When you log off, you are off. When you come back cookie remembers you and logs you in in a nano second. It might appear that you were on but you were off. Is the fridge light on with the door shut? :D

Re the alerts, you only get one, we don't alert you to every message. So you get one alert for new content, you'll get no more till you revisit (y)

I had an idea that was the case...(y)

Anyway it’s cold in this fridge and my lights still on........ dam.....:cold:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

I'm just glad that some cookie remembers me. Would like to meet him some day ... ;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always found the alerts very iffy, sometimes feel embaressed as I've not followed up on a thread because I didn't know there had been further posts due to no alerts.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I'm just glad that some cookie remembers me. Would like to meet him some day ... ;)

upload_2017-10-16_11-32-31.jpeg

77 Sunset Strip(y)(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Always found the alerts very iffy, sometimes feel embaressed as I've not followed up on a thread because I didn't know there had been further posts due to no alerts.

You need to make sure you follow up each alert. We sent you 32 alerts yesterday. Remember, if there are say 6 alerts waiting, once you have opened that alert box they are all deactivated and from then on you wont get further alerts until you visit. So we are sending them, you are getting them, but if you do not visit the thread once sent, rightly we won't send you any more and you'll miss content.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’m seldom alert. Too much effort. Relax but don’t snore is my advice.

Reactions: JJ
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You need to make sure you follow up each alert. We sent you 32 alerts yesterday. Remember, if there are say 6 alerts waiting, once you have opened that alert box they are all deactivated and from then on you wont get further alerts until you visit. So we are sending them, you are getting them, but if you do not visit the thread once sent, rightly we won't send you any more and you'll miss content.

am I right that they are still included in the 'view all' option? they seem to be, I use that a lot to be sure not to miss acknowledging replies

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
am I right that they are still included in the 'view all' option? they seem to be, I use that a lot to be sure not to miss acknowledging replies

Yes, because we don't make you acknowledge every alert, if you log in and there are ten waiting, all those alerts are silences at once. You should use the view all, and visit the threads, otherwise you'll get no more (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Jim, I fully understand how it works it just that it throws wobblies on certain threads. One of Robert Clark's travel threads earlier in the year I received alerts the first couple of days and then no alerts for several days then when I got one and looked at the thread there had been dozens of posts over the previous few days and it kept happening on that thread.
With the forum being so successful with such a large number of posts and new threads daily it's just not practical to bookmark every thread that is of interest so I tend rely on alerts.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim, I fully understand how it works it just that it throws wobblies on certain threads. One of Robert Clark's travel threads earlier in the year I received alerts the first couple of days and then no alerts for several days then when I got one and looked at the thread there had been dozens of posts over the previous few days and it kept happening on that thread.
With the forum being so successful with such a large number of posts and new threads daily it's just not practical to bookmark every thread that is of interest so I tend rely on alerts.

Strange behaviour, I've never experienced it. let me know if you notice it again. (y)

I should say that every single time that this has been reported in the the past, its been down to a missed alert, if you miss it, you won't get another. And like you say, this is a busy place so its easy to miss a particular alert among a bunch of others that include thanks and quotes etc

Last edited:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I have noticed this too, it's quite deliberate. If you log in just to quickly check something, view and/or ignore your Alerts and the threads don't forgive you ... there's no more alerts on those threads until you've visited them again. The Photo of the day thread I only visit when I have time to enjoy them, but it stops alerting me as soon as I miss one and starts again - but one only, once I've visited it (y) :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Smiffy, be alert. Your country needs as many lerts as it can get. (y):p

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Noticed several more threads there have been posts on and have not received alerts today.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I have noticed this too, it's quite deliberate. If you log in just to quickly check something, view and/or ignore your Alerts and the threads don't forgive you ... there's no more alerts on those threads until you've visited them again. The Photo of the day thread I only visit when I have time to enjoy them, but it stops alerting me as soon as I miss one and starts again - but one only, once I've visited it (y) :)
My brain hurts ! Are you saying if I get an Alert but do not click on it and then log off it will no longer send mt alerts if people post to that thread?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back