Midlife Crisis Project (1 Viewer)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Another quick photo update, toilet room all but complete and onto the kitchen area, starting to come together now and what once felt like a massive space is closing inšŸ˜²
View attachment 492060
View attachment 492061
View attachment 492062

Thinking of running another vent into the toilet area from the propex heater as currently I only have one outlet to the main living area, anyone got any thoughts on this? I'm thinking it would be a great place to dry off wet coats?

<M>
We are mid build too, but planning to have heater vents in shower /toilet room and main living area. We havenā€™t bought the vent grills yet but plan on being able to close them in case we just want one area heated.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
We are mid build too, but planning to have heater vents in shower /toilet room and main living area. We havenā€™t bought the vent grills yet but plan on being able to close them in case we just want one area heated.
The more I think about it the more it makes sense, for what little it costs to run the extra vent, what heater are you going for?
<M>

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
When I ordered our propex, I opted with the two outlets option. That included extra tubing, a Y piece, and a second outlet with shutters. The one with shutters went in the bathroom, and the one that canā€™t be closed, in the living area. I can shut it or leave it partially open for a nice warmth when you wash in cold mornings. It also serves as clothes dryer blowing warm air, and leaving the vent above ajar.
It is useful to have the second outlet to the toilet room, but with the option to shut it if not need all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Just ordered the extra bits to make the second vent, also noticed that they now do a digital thermostat as an upgrade for the last generation twin dial control, seems like a nice addition so I couldn't resist and chucked one in the basket:LOL:

https://propexheatsource.co.uk/propex-digital-thermostat

<M>
looks good (y) let us know how you get on with the second vent. Weā€™ve only got as far as fixing ours into the van and testing it!

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Probably a little more excited about this purchase than I should be but for me it marks the beginning of the end of the build, now I can start connecting some of the wires up and bring the van alive.
IMG_20210505_190958.jpg

I hearby open the battery debate over which type is better, what brand is good or bad, why didn't I remortgage my house to buy lithium? etc. etc. :LOL:

GBon

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest dreamstar
Exp
Since September 2020
Good luck, Iā€™m sure you and your family will have many happy holidays in your van and all you hard work will be worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck, Iā€™m sure you and your family will have many happy holidays in your van and all you hard work will be worth it.
Its taken longer than expected, but to be honest its what has got me through the last 18 months, being able to focus my mind on something good has done wonders for my mental health, good times are coming I'm surešŸ˜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back