Microfibre Towels (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Can anyone recommend a UK stockiest for microfibre towels which they have used. Both on quality and price.
Kindest Regards
Colin

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Another vote for Decathlon.
Towels wash up well and have the useful loop for hanging.
The smallest size (about two quid) also makes a great cloth for cleaning the van (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
We've tried many brands over the years and as far as we're concerned Decathlon are the best. They now do a HUGE version and a ladies bathrobe in the same material. We have them at home in motorroam and on boat. Colour coded blue for me, pink for 'er and grey for the dogs. As I've just emptied motorroam I find we have 4 towels for people, 2 dog towels and 4 hand towels and they all fit in a 9 t box - along with 6 cotton tea-towels and room to spare.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We bought some microfibre towels at Pboro show last year and were advised not to use Bio washing tabs/powder/liquid but to use normal stuff (non technical term here but obviously a woman's domain). Just as I got the wife to start buying Bio (after she had told me for a year that the tabs which were not doing much for the toilet were bio when they weren't). Not too sure of the science but am sure someone will be along soon.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have bought all different makes and still can't get used to them. Will be making another effort as they are so light, dry quickly and take up so much less room.
Didn't know about the no biological powder though maybe that is why my tea towels have gone funny.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Can anyone recommend a UK stockiest for microfibre towels which they have used. Both on quality and price.
Kindest Regards
Colin
We use Decathlon’s Smooth micro towels 2 for £15 and they dry very quickly!
A different way of drying , Pat rather than rub!

I sew another elastic loop so we can hang them across the bathroom to dry while traveling. Or outside on the mirror and door handle( a la travellers stylee!)

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we have a bankrupt stock type shop locally and they have had a couple of batches in and we bought some. typically stock ran out and we bought more at aldi or lidl, both excellent

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We use Mountain Warehouse ones, not the smooth ones.
If your in the camping and caravan club you get extra discount
https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/micro-towelling-travel-towel-large-p13336.aspx/

Another vote for these, have got some smooth ones too but I don’t like them as much...

What ever you do don’t drop them on the ground outside as you’ll spend the next month picking bits out of them..:LOL:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Mine is smooth, hers is hairy.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Stoppit!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We use Decathlon’s Smooth micro towels 2 for £15 and they dry very quickly!
A different way of drying , Pat rather than rub!

I sew another elastic loop so we can hang them across the bathroom to dry while traveling. Or outside on the mirror and door handle( a la travellers stylee!)
B90A6772-0F39-4DBC-811D-F2E4B6C0501A.jpeg

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Tried the Aldi ones which we found you still had to rub yourself down with a towering one. Then we bought some at the Lincoln Show from
Gino microfibre these are so much better drying you quickly and no need to use a towoling one after. They are at all the shows and are based on Hampshire near Romsey
Bought a dressing gown for the wife for Xmas which was too large on contacting them months later and received a refund no questions asked can recommend them 100%

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We've tried many brands over the years and as far as we're concerned Decathlon are the best. They now do a HUGE version and a ladies bathrobe in the same material. We have them at home in motorroam and on boat. Colour coded blue for me, pink for 'er and grey for the dogs. As I've just emptied motorroam I find we have 4 towels for people, 2 dog towels and 4 hand towels and they all fit in a 9 t box - along with 6 cotton tea-towels and room to spare.

Another vote here for Decathlon - you can buy online too if a store isn't near you.

We also colour code as well. We did start off with having the massive towels (great for wrapping up in) but found that the regular large ones were more practical for hanging to dry.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
We have two on the boat but himself doesn't like them so we have to have ordinary towels too
Must be a man thing! My other half complains as well so have to take normal towels for him. Too old to learn new tricks I suppose

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
More expensive, but Lifeventure towels are excellent. Can be bought at outdoor shops, eg Go Outdoors, Cotswold Outdoor etc. They are very absorbent, dry extremely quickly and don't get smelly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've had various types, the fluffy ones work okay but as mentioned if you drop them on the ground they are like the hook part of Velcro and take ages to get the bits off ... we had some lovely ones for the dogs but it took longer to de-crap the towels than drying the dogs.

We now have a few flat ones, almost like suede, which are great, no de-crapping required and store very, very easily. I used some to make cooling jackets for our dogs - just dampen them and put on the dog and it helps draw the heat out of them. They take up a fraction of the space that a normal towel does and dry very, very quickly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back