MH length on ferry. How strict are DFDS? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have only been a few times but never been measured. Good Luck :) Enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
My Van was measured by two young ladies whilst at the ticket booth prior to boarding with a surveyors tape .

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Wendy, worth pointing out that if you were to be honest and you choose the up to 10m option, the prices then quoted start to be in the same cost area as that of the eurotunnel. Length of your vehicle is not an issue with the tunnel.
Mike

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I know I have posted this before but look at it this way, if ten motorhomers underdeclared by 1 m then one of them wouldn't get on a full ferry. The companies have to have some way of finding out how long the vehicle is. The tunnel is not a ferry, the mechanics are entirely different. We also used to get the wise guys that insisted the roof box was not part of the car, or that 'we didn't know trailers were extra'. That's before I get started on the 'Travellers' that didn't know that kids where extra, then why did they hide them under the seats in the van? Then there is the name on the ticket, why try and be funny, the Police Special Unit don't have a sense of humour. I shan't go on but we've seen it all.

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have usually found P&O to be cheaper on the Dover / Calais route and their website asks for the actual vehicle length and height. Mike

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
since the ferry companies run a two horse cartel that charges ridiculous amounts for everything i would have no problem with a little defrauding if you can get away with it

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
since the ferry companies run a two horse cartel that charges ridiculous amounts for everything i would have no problem with a little defrauding if you can get away with it
on our last trip we were offereed an earlier ferry for £25 which we declined they then did a pantomime phhone call and said they would do us a big favour and let us on it free before we boarded we got a text saying our original sailing was cancelled so they tried to defraud us

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For those who book online with BF.
There is a box that states that the applicant's 'van has a rear mounted bicycle rack.
I know someone who has never ticked that box, even though there is a two bike rack, (complete with two bikes???) on the rear of the 'van.
No Names, No pack drill.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
For those who book online with BF.
There is a box that states that the applicant's 'van has a rear mounted bicycle rack.
I know someone who has never ticked that box, even though there is a two bike rack, (complete with two bikes???) on the rear of the 'van.
No Names, No pack drill.:whistle::whistle::whistle:
I've just booked with BF and saw that box. I decided it might be a good idea if I ticked it :whistle:

image.jpeg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Looking to book as a first time user and wondering if I can get away with <7m as I'm actually 7.1.:rolleyes:

You don't look that tall in the photo..............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back