Mercedes Vario 814 Build - Our New Fulltime Home (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I've had to put a hold on the Vario for a few more months.

A combination of being busy and tearing my Achilles hasn't helped.

Plus plans to move to a much better location in January that will have space to work on two 9m vans inside at once, plus secure parking for several more, plus it's all off-grid, plus there will hopefully be a CL on the site next year. Bit of a dream location for us, but a lot of work.

Lastly, the Vario needs a little work doing that I can't do. I have a mate that can, but he's busy and can't fit in a "mates rate" job until next month.

I want the Vario to be as good as it can be, which is a lot of work. Will be nice working inside building it over the winter (y)

Soots

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2022
Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20 Impressa
Exp
Since 2020

A combination of being busy and tearing my Achilles hasn't helped.

Plus plans to move to a much better location in January that will have space to work on two 9m vans inside at once, plus secure parking for several more, plus it's all off-grid, plus there will hopefully be a CL on the site next year. Bit of a dream location for us, but a lot of work.

Lastly, the Vario needs a little work doing that I can't do. I have a mate that can, but he's busy and can't fit in a "mates rate" job until next month.

I want the Vario to be as good as it can be, which is a lot of work. Will be nice working inside building it over the winter (y)
Good luck for the future, Wissel. I hope it all works out. And the achilles gets better soon. I slipped a month ago and damaged mine, then slipped again! Ouch

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Hope move comes off and you improve. So much look forward add to seeing the ongoing build. Where about do you hope to be?

Carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Saw this and thought of you. Subaru Blue/Grey!

75E2F7F3-5772-46FA-9590-720F4B311DCB.png

MalvernHills

Free Member
Jun 5, 2023
Malvern Hills, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario 609D
Exp
Since 2009

Hi Wissel

Any closer to being able to make a start on your own Vario? Have you turned it into a mobile power supply? (y)

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Hi Wissel. How are you. Still too busy working on other folks? Any chance you’ll be doing your own soon?

Carol

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Wissel. How are you. Still too busy working on other folks? Any chance you’ll be doing your own soon?

Carol
Hoping to get a bit of time next month.

Been busy with a very difficult build, plus getting the new workshop built has taken a lot of time.

We have everything here to to the exterior and floor, but would like the van in the unit to take it back to bare metal before paint.

Done a few little bits to the van, but not very much. Also changed the design a little to fit a larger power bank.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Did you finally decide on the blue colour or have you changed that?

do you put your commercial builds online anywhere to see?

I was so intrigued with the work you did on Tams Euromobil I’d be interested to see your other work

Carol.

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Did you finally decide on the blue colour or have you changed that?

do you put your commercial builds online anywhere to see?

I was so intrigued with the work you did on Tams Euromobil I’d be interested to see your other work

Carol.
Yep, the paint is here and it's RAF Blue/Grey.

Regarding putting the builds online, I've been holding off on this until things calm down a bit here. I want the workshop finished and the Vario well started before I commit to a load more work.

I will be putting out a few videos starting in a couple of weeks. First one will be a catch up (not posted on YouTube for a few years) showing a few builds, the first workshop and our new premises.

This will be followed by the build we are just finishing (brand new Sprinter with massive spec). Then probably one on the Vario and another on LiFePO4 installs in existing vans.

I'll pop the videos up on here once they are ready.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
That’s fine I do realise you are a very busy man. I’m happy to wait. Just get on with what’s in your workshop and find time for your own Vario.

Thank you for your responses

CAROL

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Yep, the paint is here and it's RAF Blue/Grey.

This will be followed by the build we are just finishing (brand new Sprinter with massive spec). Then probably one on the Vario and another on LiFePO4 installs in existing vans.

I'll pop the videos up on here once they are ready.
Really looking forward to seeing the Mercedes, having an Elara with the sameish layout be great to see a beautiful bespoke build.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back