LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
On a different note. Now it's all over will Yamaha let Lorenzo go to do extra testing with Ducati ?

I believe that they have granted permission for him to attend the upcoming public test but have denied permission for a subsequent private testing session.

Ian

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You would think that they would let him do both, can not see it will make an awful lot of difference.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Sheesh, there's two of them incapable of understanding that you can't watch something live if you don't have live TV coverage.

Broken Link Removed

Take your pick,not bad for someone that is brainless eh?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You would think that they would let him do both, can not see it will make an awful lot of difference.

It makes a lot of difference. The less time Lorenzo spends on the Ducati before the new season, the less chance he has to get to understand the bike and work with his new crew to set it up for his precise riding style.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Take your pick,not bad for someone that is brainless eh?

Again, you assume things about my access to things like streaming quality internet. I do understand this stuff and you can bet that - as a life-long bike racing fan - if I could watch live at silly o'clock, I would.

Why can't you just acknowledge that you screwed up and say 'sorry'?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I guess you're right, but he will not be doing much for Yamaha. Once you have handed your notice in your as good as gone.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I guess you're right, but he will not be doing much for Yamaha. Once you have handed your notice in your as good as gone.

Very true. Be interesting in 2017 to see what Yamaha do with the M1 to make it work better for Rossi and Vinales. You can bet that Lorenzo won't be getting a preview of any updates between now and the end of the season. :)

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
It makes a lot of difference. The less time Lorenzo spends on the Ducati before the new season, the less chance he has to get to understand the bike and work with his new crew to set it up for his precise riding style.

There was only one person that could ride the Ducati,he is retired and this year refused to return to the grid.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
And that guy could win on a Tesco shopping trolley. The 2016 Ducati is not the bike it was when Hayden and Rossi were struggling to make it a winner but it's still miles away in character from the sort of bike that suits Lorenzo's style. Will Ducati change the bike or will Jorge have to change his riding style? Can't see the latter happening, so I think Ducati will have to wait a while longer before they're back on top on a regular basis.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Which would be cheaper, I wonder? Spend a fortune making a Ducati that rides like an M1 for Lorenzo, or make Stoner an offer that even he couldn't refuse? ;)

I know I'd pay handsomely to see Stoner taking on Marquez. More chance of him beating the kid than either Rossi or anyone else in the next few years.

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

This is not a game, this is big business and their best rider has walked out on them and gone to the opposition. Why would they help him ?

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I don't wish to be dis-respectful to Stoner, but the first year of the 800's the Ducati had a massive speed advantage, Honda had been really conservative. As soon as the Ducati lost it's speed advantage it started washing out at the front end and Stoner became 'lactose intolerant' and wouldn't ride the thing. He then got the Honda which was by then the 'dogs b's'. The lad did good, but he never did much in MotoGP on inferior bikes.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I don't think Stoner will be in a hurry to race again after his last race which was in the World Endurance Championship in Japan where he had a really big off at very high speed when the throttle on his Honda stuck open. He was lucky to walk away from it.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
had a mate that did this type of thing all the while, so i text him every result of everything the instant it happened..he got the message.

on FB when someone posts ' congratulations Lewis'... i have to ask 'do you know him' ?

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I don't wish to be dis-respectful to Stoner, but the first year of the 800's the Ducati had a massive speed advantage, Honda had been really conservative. As soon as the Ducati lost it's speed advantage it started washing out at the front end and Stoner became 'lactose intolerant' and wouldn't ride the thing. He then got the Honda which was by then the 'dogs b's'. The lad did good, but he never did much in MotoGP on inferior bikes.

I don't disagree with most of this but Stoner had more success on the post-800 Ducatis than anyone else, Rossi most notably. He rode it far beyond its capabilities, probably why he had so many front-end crashes. Like back in his LCR Honda days when he first came into MotoGP. No-one could live with him on the Repsol Honda before he retired. Tellingly, since returning to Ducati as an ambassador and test rider, he's shown he's as quick - if not quicker - on the latest Dukes than either Iannone or Dovi.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Stoner could see which way things were going at Ducati and bailed, at just the right time, the list of riders who went there and floundered is long, only now are they back to something that people can ride, will be interesting to see how Lorenzo can cope with it after years on a Yamaha.

voyager14

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
I'm a newbie, did have a Caravan about 8 years ago.
Glad to see so much interest in Moto GP on this site, thought I was the only one.
I was sorry to see Valentino fall off, but I think Marquez had it sewn up for this season, a couple of early DNF's didn't help Rossi.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
This might help explain things better :D

5f86aa170a1f6bc44d5fabfad0989f06.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Which begs the question, why hasn't the OP or Admin changed the thread title to prevent others having their viewing spoiled by this cock-up?

I belong to several bike forums and on the rare occasion something like this has happened, the title has been altered ASAP - usually accompanied by an apology from the OP. But I'm not holding my breath on that tonight.

Could be that Admin has been at hospital every day for the past 5 weeks at his very poorly daughters bed side,

Though I do perfectly understand why every one was so annoyed even I when I saw the thread title made sure I did not mention it to Eddie because I knew it would spoil the race for him. Have to say I think a true biker would have apologised and admitted he had cocked up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back