LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We’re trading in our Majestic 120 for a Majestic 155 as SWMBO wants a fixed bed, and I got fed-up with ‘making’ the bed each night. Obviously the 155 is longer (by about 1.1metres); but it will still fit on our drive at home, so no storage issues. Any ‘155’ Funster owners have any comments, good or bad, about their ‘van.....?

(y)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We have an 2015 Encore 255 with zero issues and a few of the usual Moho mods, alugas, tv relocation, solar etc.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Any ‘155’ Funster owners have any comments, good or bad, about their ‘van.....?

I have a 155..... No issue`s as such...

Nice wide bed at the detriment of a narrower shower than some..
The only two points I`m not keen on is the Flip up sink over the toilet...

But... I have got the hang of having a pee while cleaning my teeth.. ;):)

And not overly keen on the suicide habitation door... but saying that it has never flown open as we have gone along...

A good basic M-home with the added advantage of a metal frame,,, which might stop any body twisting and seal cracking...

So hopefully no water leaks... (y)

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
‘Suicide habitation door’..........so what’s all that about then, Mo?!?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
When the hab door opens into the flow of the wind... like this =

th

The door lock was the only problem we had with our`s.... but OK after fitting a new one... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
I see, but I think all Majestic hab. doors open into flow of the wind.....? Not something I’d ever considered....but I’ll make sure ours is locked tight when travelling!!

:)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
The Encore 255 must be an exception, it opens right to left, back towards the front cab.

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
True....and it has two ‘fold-away’ travel seats under the lounge seats which will (probably) never be used, so I may well remove those as they must weigh a fair amount each. But, to be fair, we never seem to take that much with us - just us, the four dogs, clothes and bedding - so I don’t think we’ll have any payload issues.......but time will tell!

;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
True....and it has two ‘fold-away’ travel seats under the lounge seats which will (probably) never be used, so I may well remove those as they must weigh a fair amount each. But, to be fair, we never seem to take that much with us - just us, the four dogs, clothes and bedding - so I don’t think we’ll have any payload issues.......but time will tell!

;)
What allowance is there in the MIRO for fuel, water, gas, driver, passenger, etc........ What optional extras are you getting fitted (if any)? It all soon adds up!
Would suggest you get an outline understanding rather than finding out too late if you are overweight. You may be able to negotiate a weight increase, if possible, with the dealer as part of your deal?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp

;)

Seats are about 28kgs each, we have one seat in and with both of us inside, full diesel (90ltrs)full water (100ltrs) full gas, tow bar (55kgs) food and clothes we are 3500kgs, and the 155 is around 150kgs or mor lighter than our 255 due to different trim, bathroom and of course you don’t have the heavier Alde heating!!
I think you will be fine with a few kgs to spare
Good luck with the van and your travels(y)

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013

;)
I took mine out (Encore 285). they weigh 25 kilos each.

JanG

Free Member
Mar 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
majestic 155
We’re trading in our Majestic 120 for a Majestic 155 as SWMBO wants a fixed bed, and I got fed-up with ‘making’ the bed each night. Obviously the 155 is longer (by about 1.1metres); but it will still fit on our drive at home, so no storage issues. Any ‘155’ Funster owners have any comments, good or bad, about their ‘van.....?

(y)
Hi, we have this motorhome, love it, only down side is the toilet bathroom, it’s too small on the 2014 model, think it’s a bit better on the later model. No complaints at all otherwise.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
We have a Autoquest 155. (also moved from a 120)
Have owned it now for 2 years.

Things we like -
Layout.
Payload is reasonable.
Fully loaded with lots of extras (dealer special).
Comfortable bed.
Lots of storage space.

Thing we don't like -
Build quality.
Tip up sink in bathroom.
No heating ducts to front of van.

Also, for 2021models they appear to have hinged the habitation door on the correct side.

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Hi, we have this motorhome, love it, only down side is the toilet bathroom, it’s too small on the 2014 model, think it’s a bit better on the later model. No complaints at all otherwise.
We’ve had the 155 for 18 months now, but not had much use in the last year!!! :(
On the lighter side, we (and the dogs!) think it’s almost perfect for our needs, and can’t wait to get away after April 12th!(y)

(and, ‘Welcome from Ciren!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back